Two

MR DISORDER

The school ended at the right time as Seunghee and I walked together as usual to our neighbourhood area. “Ya, Hanseol ah. Are you sure you don’t want to join me watching Hyungwon’s practice? He must be excited if you come along.” Seunghee asked me again since I had declined her invitation at school plus, I could not break my promise again with Aunt Mijoo. Another war will occur if I am against her words. Well, I don’t have anyone in this world anymore except her.

“I’m sorry, I can’t. Aunt Mijoo told me to come home early. We have guests today.” I explained that Seunghee pouted her lips in sulky. I smiled at her childish attitude. “Say sorry to Hyungwon too, okay. Say that his girlfriend will come another day.” I giggled.

Seunghee rolled eyes. “You haven’t dated him, silly.” I laughed as I walked alone to my house and Seunghee went the opposite way to watch Hyungwon’ practice. It was a great chance but I didn’t want any argument again just like yesterday. 

“I’m home.” I said once I reached in front of the house. Aunt Mijoo who was cooking in the kitchen ran to the front with her happy face. “Oh you come home early.” she exclaimed cheerfully and I only could laugh at her action. 

“Go and change first. They will come later.”

I nodded before going to my room. We used to fight and of course Aunt Mijoo will be the first one who will comfort me. At the same time, I felt guilty towards her. She had to endure my stubborn attitude. Once I wore a little neat outfit, I walked out as Aunt Mijoo was serving some meals for our dinner and the guests. 

“Woah smells good!” I praised her and made her smile proudly.

DING DONG!

“Oh it must be Aunt Jiho and her nephew.”

I looked at Aunt Mijoo who was panicking and fixed herself like she was about to meet her boyfriend. Who is this Aunt Jiho? Why did Immo prepare everything very well for them? I followed my aunt from behind before I could see a figure coming towards us. “Be nice. She’s my senior.” Aunt Mijoo whispered and now I know why she was being like this. 

“Hi, Mijoo shi.”

Aunt Mijoo bowed 90 degrees and made me follow her action quickly. “Jiho shi, come in. How was your journey here?” she asked, friendly and that was very different from Aunt Mijoo that I know.

“Good. It's just a bit tiring.” Aunt Jiho smiled warmly as her eyes moved to me. “Who is this beautiful girl?” asked her and you know what it feels when someone calls you beautiful? Of course I was blushing like a dumb girl.

“This is my niece. Her name is Gong Hanseol..” introduced Aunt Mijoo as I bowed politely. “Shake her hand.” Aunt Mijoo murmured in my ear before I shook her hand immediately when Aunt Jiho offered for a handshake. “ You can call me Aunt Jiho, dear.” said Aunt Jiho, making me smile.

“Oh where is Chanyeol?” 

Chanyeol?

Aunt Jiho looked around and saw a tall figure behind Aunt Jiho. “Channie, why are you hiding behind me? Come here.” Aunt Jiho was trying to pull the guy named Chanyeol or Channie to the front but he seems reluctant to do so. “I don’t want to!” he growled with his deep scary voice that surprised me. Oh what happened to guys nowadays? How rude.

Aunt Mijoo and Aunt Jiho both were being fine with that guy’s behaviour but for, not me. “I’m sorry. He just woke up from sleep just now.” Aunt Jiho apologized. 

“It’s okay. Come in. I had prepared some dinner for us.” Aunt Mijoo invited them in meanwhile I was curious about Channie. How can Aunt Jiho act so calm? If I was her, I might scold or pinch that Channie for being no manner in front of the guests. 

Once they got in, I can clearly see how tall that Chanyeol was and I could say that he was like a giant which was taller than Hyungwon. He was wearing a cap that covered half of his face, collar t-shirt, short pants on his knees, high length socks and also dinosaur toys in his grip. Wait? Dinosaur toys?

Aunt Jiho made him sit on the couch while I was studying his face. I can’t see him clearly due to his cap but his mouth was blabbered something I don’t understand. “Hanseol shi, how old are you?” asked Aunt Jiho, making me startled. 

“Oh.. I am 20 years old.” I answered while my eyes secretly glanced on that Chanyeol.

“Really? So it is your final year at school, right?” She questioned but her smile kept plastered on her lips to make me feel comfortable with her.

I nodded. “You are much younger than Chanyeol.” she mentioned Chanyeol again.

“N-Nae?” I looked at Chanyeol. He kept playing with those dinosaurs made me curious what the heck actually he was doing?!

“I’m younger than her.” answered Chanyeol suddenly, correcting his aunt. Both me and Aunt Jiho glanced at him. But he still lowered his head down with nonsense words that he said. “Okay okay. You are younger right? Ahhh clever boy~” Aunt Jiho caressed his head lovingly and to my surprise, she kissed his head without hesitation like IN FRONT OF ME just like he was a baby.

I tried to control my facial expression before Aunt Mijoo approached us as she sat beside me. “Jiho shi, let’s have dinner with us.” invited Aunt Mijoo before eyed on Chanyeol. “Channie yaa, let’s eat~ Aunt Mijoo cooks a special food for you.” said her and I was staring at my aunt in disbelief. Aunt Mijoo?! What’s wrong with all people in this house? 

All four of us started our dinner on the dining table. However, not me! I was staring at the guy in front of me who was eating in the mess. His mouth was full of sauce of spaghetti that Aunt Mijoo made special for him. His shirt too, dirt everywhere. “Is it delicious?” asked Aunt Mijoo in happy while looking at Chanyeol.

He looked up with a smile. “Very delicious!” he happily praised and from what I observed, he was like a five years old kid.

Aunt Jiho maybe realised how confused I was as she suddenly called me. “Hanseol shi…”

I was oblivious before I changed my eyesight from Chanyeol to his aunt. “Yes, Aunt Jiho.”

“Do you have anything in your mind?” she questioned and of course, I had a lot of questions played in my mind. I smiled at her. “I-It just… a bit unexpected.” only those words came out from me. Aunt Mijoo giggled, perhaps watching me stutter like that was a funny thing for her.

“Our Chanyeol… was not really perfect like other boys. He’s just 8 years old.” 

“WHAT?!” I shouted in shock and three of them jumped in surprise. Chanyeol who was eating stared at me with his rounded eyes. Now, I can see your face a bit but not that clear because of those sauces on his face. I calmed myself as I tugged my hair in awkward. “What you said just now?” I asked again politely like Gong Hanseol, the pretty girl that she met for the first time at the front door just now. Aunt Jiho smiled.

“He was involved in an accident a few years ago and traumatized after the accident. He woke up and only then, we found out he was 8 years old. His parents were travelling out there, finding an expert doctor that can cure him and I only can help him by going for treatment. But it does not help much.” told Aunt Jiho and before I could say anything, she already cried on her own. 

I was speechless as I looked at Chanyeol who was staring at his aunt crying beside him. “Aunt Jiho, why are you crying? Don’t cry…” he comforted him but then, he was the one cried along with his aunt. Oh wow…

Aunt Jiho quickly consoled her nephew. Aunt Mijoo signaled me but too bad, I can’t understand her. Aunt Jiho rolled her eyes before slowly walking beside Chanyeol. “Channie yaa, do you want to play with T-Rex? Hanseol noona can play with you. She has a lot of dinosaurs.” Aunt Mijoo convinced him as he slowly looked aside at her with teary eyes. 

Noona? What the-

“Really?” he weeped while Aunt Mijoo wiped his mouth with tissues. 

“Of course. She has maaaaaany dinosaurs~ Do you want to play with her?” asked Aunt Mijoo and it did make Chanyeol nod many times in happiness. 

Aunt Mijoo looked at me. “Hanseol ah, can you bring Chanyeol to front?” she murmured politely and from her eyes I know it was an order, not just a simple question from her. “S-Sure.” I answered hesitantly. 

“Follow Hanseol noona okay?” Aunt Mijoo pulled me all of a sudden before she made me hold Chanyeol’s hand together. “This is Hanseol noona. If you want anything, you can ask her.” she added while caressing his head with care.  

I was confused as Chanyeol was holding my hand tightly in his large hand. “Look after him for a while. Immo needs to discuss something with Aunt Jiho.” Aunt Mijoo whispered and in a second, Chanyeol already dragged me to the living room. Specifically to his toys on the couch. 

I snatched my hand away from him before stared at his weird behaviour. Her behaviour did not match his figure at all. “Hanseol noona, do you like Apatosaurus or Stegosaurus?” he asked while his round eyes blinked at me like a pure kid.

“I-I…” I was stuttered with those names first. Second, his behaviour. Third. How could he blink like a gullible boy here? “I like… this?” I took one dinosaur on his right hand as he smiled happily. That is Stegosaurus. I like it too~” he sang happily and made me laugh fakely. 

Aunt Mijoo and Aunt Jiho went towards us after 30 minutes discussing before both of them sat on the couch, watching us or I could say they were watching over that kid. “Mijoo shi, are you sure you can help me?” asked Aunt Jiho, making me look at them. Aunt Jiho smiled before nodding. “I can, don’t worry. At least, Hanseol has a friend now in the house.” told Aunt Mijoo while I tried to understand what they are trying to say. They asked me to be friends with who? This boy? Or does she want me to play with this kid? 

“Channie yaa…” called Aunt Jiho as he faced her with a happy face.

“Nae, Aunt Jiho.”

“Do you like to play with Hanseol noona?”

I looked at him and he replied with my glance. “I like her!” he gleed before clapping his giant hands in rejoice made both aunts laugh. Well, what about me? I just pretended to laugh, not wanting to turn this into an awkward moment.  

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW?! SOMEONE EXPLAIN!