Nineteen

MR DISORDER

A month had passed as Chanyeol and I were getting closer and better than the first time we met. He seems like he is used to the house and I can accept him for now. I went to school once I had my breakfast with Chanyeol and Aunt Mijoo. I walked to the school entrance and the feeling of meeting Hyungwon attacked me made me wait for him at the front school.

 

The school bell rang, signalling that the class had started. Probably Hyungwon arrived earlier than me. I stepped towards class before I stopped to see Hyungwon was at the front of my class. “Oh… Is he looking for me?” I thought to myself.

 

I walked closer to him. “Hyungwon…?” I called to make him spin around in surprise.

 

“Oh Hanseol ah…” he instantly smiles warmly as I greet him. “You just arrived?” he asked.

 

I nodded. “What are you doing here?” I questioned. I hope he will say he was looking for me.

 

He rubbed his nape in shame. “Well, I was looking for you.”

 

My heart melted. Expected answer from him made me smile wider. As we talked more, Ms Han already appeared before Hyungwon excused himself. I went into the classroom as I sat beside Seunghee who was quite strange for me. She was quiet and usually she would greet me with her cheerful morning smile or maybe she would ask about my day. “Seunghee ya…”

 

She faced me, woke her up from daydreaming. “Oh Hanseol.”

 

I looked at her in worry. “Are you okay?”

 

Seunghee quickly nodded and made me giggle. “I’m good.” she replied as both of us turned silent since Ms Han was glaring at us. We started our morning class with a Mathematics subject and I told you, it was boring! I barely opened my eyes when Ms Han started to read some formulas at the front board as I only doodled on the book.

 

The break time came and as usual all students were having their lunch at the canteen meanwhile me and Seunghee will stay at the back of the school building. Seunghee took out her kimbap (rice rolls) and brought for me one. “Thank you.” I said before both of us took a bite.

 

“Oh ya Seunghee. The final year party is getting near. Have you bought a dress for the party?” I asked while munching the rice roll.

 

She shook her head. “I don’t have time. Maybe later.” she answered as was full with those kimbap.

 

I giggled as I glanced at her. “Weekend is tomorrow so why don't you accompany me shopping this Saturday?” I offered before I lift my eyebrows a few times since I always love shopping especially when I am the one who will be her companion. She thought awhile as I poked her arm many times. “So…?” I asked even if I know she will agree straight away but I still wanted to see her reaction.

 

Seunghee eyed me as she kept her lower lips in nervousness. “I’m sorry, I can’t. I have other plans that time with my family.” she rejected me.

 

I was kind of speechless but I had to cover it. “Oh really… It’s okay. If you have things to do, then we will go another day.” I convinced her and at the same time, I was persuading myself to cool down. It was unexpected since she never declined me before this. Perhaps, she really had an important thing to do so I should understand her.

 

“I am really sorry, Hanseol.” she apologized as I hugged her shoulder.

 

“Aish don’t worry. I’m good~” I cheered her before both of us smiled.

 

The school ended as Seunghee went back a bit late because she didn’t pay attention in class and I wanted to wait for her but I knew her. She will never put me in charge because of her although I insisted. I walked out from school before my eyes found Hyungwon with his Monsta X. I ran to them as they greeted me happily. “Oh where is Seunghee?” asked Hyungwon.

 

I sighed. “She had something to do. She asked me to go back first even though I sincerely can wait for her, she wouldn’t let that happen.” I told him which was a lie since I didn’t want to make Seunghee look bad to him and Monsta X.

 

“Oh I forget. I haven’t submitted my homework. Hanseol ah, can you wait for me here?” Hyungwon asked, making me nod. “Monsta X, please look after her. Don’t hurt her, understand.” warned him before he ran back into the school.

 

I was smiling alone when he warned them about me. How sweet! “So, Hanseol. Do you have a boyfriend?” asked Wonho all of a sudden, making me almost choked on my own saliva but I didn’t, Thank God!

 

I tugged the strand of my hair behind my ear in shyness. “Emm… I’m still trying.” I replied.

 

They looked at me confused. “Still trying? What does it mean?” Now, the one with the buff body figure asked me. If I was not mistaken, he is….hmmm…. Oh yes, Shownu!

 

“I almost got him as my boyfriend but not yet. That is why I’m still trying.” I answered.

 

“It's almost final year. You should get one now.” Wonho told me as I smiled shyly. “Hyungwon and your friend, Seunghee already have one.” he added.

 

I glanced at them in puzzle. “They have one?” I repeated his words but it sounded like a question now.

 

He nodded before Hyungwon came to us again after 5 minutes passed. “Anything happens? Are you okay, Hanseol?” Hyungwon asked in caring, making me slowly shake my head and gave him an answer that ‘nothing happens’. All of them had practiced so we were on our own path where I went back to my house. My mind can’t stop thinking about Wonho’s words just now. “They have one?” I asked myself again to myself.

 

I shook my head, tried to ignore those weird conversations with him. I entered the house as Chanyeol who was sleeping on the couch slowly turned my lips into a smile. “Immo~” I called before Aunt Mijoo came out from her room.

 

“Oh you are home.” She greeted me happily.

 

I looked at Aunt Mijoo who was calmly wearing a mask sheet on her face. “Immo, you are not working?” I asked as she faced me immediately.

 

“I am on leave again!” gleed her as she continued on applying the mask. I chuckled softly before I went to my room and changed my school uniform into comfortable clothes which were t-shirts and short pants. I walked out while Aunt Mijoo was already on her bed, calmly enjoying her homemade beauty spa. I went to the living room and as I almost stepped on one of Chanyeol’s dinosaur toys, I froze. This thing always kills me. I picked up all his toys before putting them in the box beside the couch.

 

I sat down on the floor while leaning back on the couch since the couch was occupied with Chanyeol alone. I giggled as I tugged his curly hair aside that covered his eyes. “Aigoo…” I sighed with a smile.

 

The television was switched on as it made me keep on changing the channel to find a good movie for myself. Too bad, I was yawning often as my eyes got heavier. The last thing I knew was that my eyes were shut down with my sit position in front of the TV. I didn’t realize that I was sleeping and all of a sudden I heard the voice of people whispering. It was not loud but it was quite audible for me.

 

I rubbed my eyes before slowly opening my eyes as I stretched my weak torso in tiredness. I looked around since the place was familiar to me. Well, it was just my comfy bedroom and yeah, usually I will see a pink ceiling above me in my room. I was about to close my eyes before I opened it again widely.

 

Wait! My room?!

 

I sat straight and to my surprise, Chanyeol was playing beside me on the bed, making me flinched in shock. He stared at me in astonishment as both of us looked at each other. “Why are you here?” I asked.

 

“Aunt Mijoo went out to buy breakfast. She asked me to stay here awhile-”

 

“What?! Breakfast? It’s morning?!” I shouted in panic and made Chanyeol lower his head in fear. How long did I sleep?

 

Chanyeol stared at me weirdly. “Noona, are you sick?” he asked as I glared at him before he gulped in fear.

 

I looked around while trying to remember what had happened last time. I was sitting in the living room with Chanyeol. And then, I watched TV. Then, I slept. Then… I furrowed my forehead since I was thinking harder. I faced Chanyeol who was still playing on my bed. “Park Chanyeol…” I called him as he stopped focusing on his toy and changed his sight to me.

 

“Yes?”

 

“How can I sleep in my room?” I asked.

 

He ducked his lips, acted like he was thinking something. “Ahhh… me and Aunt Mijoo carried you here.” he said, making me eye him in confusion.

 

“But why?”

 

“Aunt Mijoo said that you were sleeping in a position that will hurt you so he asked my help to bring you here.” he replied in fluent talking but his expression looked innocent and gullible.

 

I sighed, thinking that I was sleep walking or what. The sound of a car in front of the house gave a sign that Aunt Mijoo had come back from buying breakfast. Probably she was too lazy to cook today. “Guys! I’m home~ Park Chanyeol, Gong Hanseol~ Come, let’s breakfast~” Aunt Mijoo sang like an old woman before Chanyeol ran out quickly from my room.

 

“He really can’t stand food.” I blabbered alone as I walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth first, then I went to the dining table for breakfast.

 

We had a simple breakfast since Aunt Mijoo bought three egg toasts and two sets of simple breakfast that consists of vegetable omelet, rice cooked with red and black beans, radish kimchi and tofu seasoned with soy sauce. Aunt Mijoo seems to be on a diet and that was the reason why she only bought a set for me and Chanyeol.

 

As we ate, Aunt Mijoo suddenly screamed while she was looking on her phone. Chanyeol and I were flinching in surprise before both of us faced her. “Hanseol ah…” she looked at me terrified.

 

“Why why?” I asked in panic.

 

She showed her corner of her eyes. “I got wrinkles!” she whined and made my shoulder fall.

 

“It’s not obvious.” I told her before continuing with my breakfast.

 

She turned off her phone as she looked at use one by one. “Let’s go!”

 

I glanced at her. “Where?”

 

Aunt Mijoo sighed. “To the mall. I want to go to a spa and buy some anti wrinkles serum.” she said as she kept massaging her cheeks to her eyes. I shook my head but then, I remembered that it was Saturday! I should use this time to buy dresses for the final party. If Seunghee can’t accompany me, then Aunt Mijoo might be helping though.

 

All of us got ready in thick jackets meanwhile Aunt Mijoo who was done, started to help Chanyeol to get ready too. It was the happiest day since I haven't been out with Aunt Mijoo for a long time. Just the three of us, I felt like I was with my parents. My parents….