Seventeen

MR DISORDER

I walked alone at the back of the school building before I thought of something that was rarely I think. Seunghee came with two rice balls in her hands as she called me to sit at the bench nearby there. I took a seat make Seunghee clapped her hands in happy before both of us took a bite each of the rice balls. She stared at me who was quiet since just now. “Hanseol ah, are you okay?” she asked.

 

I munched the rice ball slowly before facing Seunghee with suspicion. “Seunghee ya, do you know that a group of girls were looking for me?” I questioned her.

 

She instantly stopped from munching. “Really? Why?” she sounded worried.

 

“I don’t know but I lied to them. I said my name is Park Heeseung.” I told her.

 

Seunghee looked at me. “How do you get the name?” she asked to make me curl my lips into a creep smile.

 

“You know how creative, I am? I took your name and overturned it. Seunghee to Heeseung. Smart, right?” I lifted my eyebrows in pride before Seunghee laughed with my idea. But then, her laugh faded as she looked at me with her eyebrows connected, frowning and making me gazed at her in puzzlement. “What’s wrong?” I questioned her.

 

“Then, where did the ‘Park’ come from? My family’s name is Hyun. If Hyungwon is Chae, you are Gong. Where did the Park come from?” she wondered as my eyes shook while looking at her in nervousness. She can’t know about Chanyeol because if she knows, she will probably tell Hyungwon.

 

I cleared my throat. “M-My neighbour. Yes, my neighbour's family's name is Park.” I convinced her as she faced me again before slowly nodded in understanding. I was relieved that she believed it. I’m sorry, Seunghee. I will tell you one day Chanyeol but not today.

 

We finished our rice balls before both of us walked together to class. “Oh by the way, why did the girls look for you? That’s weird.” Seunghee said as my mind reminded me about the scene where the girls stopped me. I was thinking about it since the first class and until now, I was curious about it too. I had never been in this kind of situation before but why now? “Anyways, be careful okay, Hanseol.” Seunghee warned as both of us went to our class.

 

The school ended up making the whole school noisy due to the students running out freedomly to the school’s entrance. Me and Seunghee linked our arms as both of us walked out together. “Hanseol, Seunghee…”

 

We faced front to see Hyungwon was waving towards us to make the two of us run to him happily. He smiled before pointing across the road. Seunghee and I changed our sight simultaneously to the opposite road as Hyungwon’s friends, Monsta X who were waving at us, made both of us laugh. “They wanted to meet you guys.” Hyungwon told us.

 

“Oh really?” Seunghee gleed as her eyes sparkled while shyly looking at them.

 

I giggled before the three of us crossed the road to them. “Hey girls…” they greeted as both of us bowed to them lightly. “Oh we have a small celebration with some other groups that competed with us last time. So, we would like to invite you guys to come along.” told Jooheon to make Seunghee happier.

 

“Really? Uwahhh…” Seunghee cheered and made me snickered in embarrassment.

 

“And someone is missing you so much and that will be one of the reasons why we invite you guys.” Wonho who was saying it as he elbowed Hyungwon who was staring at me since just now in which I just realized it! I looked at him and he looked away in shyness and that turned my face in pink blush. Seunghee smiled teasingly at me before the Monsta X giggled in awkward so did us. “So, let’s go!” they chanted as we walked together to the place.

 

As we arrived, there were a lot of people which were mostly students since they were wearing school uniforms but different schools. Seunghee who was happy kept on walking until I lost her. I looked around since there were many people who made me a bit uncomfortable. An arm circled my shoulder as I faced aside, Hyungwon was the one who did that.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked like he knew that I was quite cramped in there.

 

I nodded. “A bit. What are they celebrating?” I asked while my eyes were still looking around, seeking for Seunghee.

 

“It’s just kind of gathering and the group that won the first last time competition had made it to dance battle representative South Korea in Asian Dance Competition.” Hyungwon briefly made me nod in understanding.

 

I was still looking around while Hyungwon stayed in that kind of position with his arm still linked on my shoulder. “Hyungwon!” someone called him as he excused himself from me. I stepped towards the food table before taking a sip of drink over there. Seunghee was nowhere to be found as I chose to ignore her since she must be very happy because she loves parties! From afar, I saw a boy at the corner of the hall make me come to him.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” I squatted in front of him since he looked a bit frightened.

 

He gazed at me with his innocent face. “I lost my brother.” he said and it seems like he will burst into tears anytime.

 

I smiled before softly held his hand. “What is your name?” I asked, friendly.

 

“Lee Chan.” he answered.

 

“Your brother’s name?” I questioned more to help him find his brother.

 

He scratched his brown hair. “Lee Jihoon.” he replied as I looked around. Well, I didn’t know who Lee Jihoon was but this kid must be scared now. Who the heck is Lee Jihoon? I tried to check some students’ name tags but there was no sign of Lee Jihoon. I faced the boy named Lee Chan again as I caressed his hand gently. “Come with me. Let’s find your brother.” I said as I offered my hand to him.

 

He stared at my hand and suddenly, he shook his head in decline.

 

I was surprised. “Why?” I asked in a puzzle. I was trying to help but it seems like someone rejected me.

 

“Jihoon hyung asked me to stay here and he promised he will come back again. If I follow you, what if he comes and I am not here?” he said without hesitate make me speechless. His eyes roamed around the hall again as I saw his tears on his puffy eyes. Then, I decided to stay beside him while trying to calm him instead of joining the celebration.

 

After a few minutes, Hyungwon came up to me and made me look at him. “Where are you? I thought you lost.” Hyungwon palmed his chest in relief once he saw me.

 

I giggled lightly before showing him Lee Chan who was beside me.

 

“Oh aren’t you Jihoon’s brother?” Hyungwon asked make me eyed on him.

 

“You know his brother?” I questioned him back.

 

Hyungwon nodded. “Jihoon had brought him during the competition before.” he said before he crunched down opposite him. “Are you looking for your brother?” he asked.

 

Lee Chan nodded as he suddenly burst into tears, making both me and Hyungwon surprised. The crowd started glancing at us as I comforted Lee Chan quickly. Then, Seunghee appeared with a guy who was around her height to us. “Oh it’s that Lee Chan?” Seunghee asked and that made me more confused. How did everyone know him but I’m not?

 

“Channie ya…” the guy that came with Seunghee called as Lee Chan looked up at him. Before I could know, both of them hugged each other while Lee Chan cried in his arms. “Hyung, I’m scared~” he weeped as I looked at them. Channie?

 

The guy slightly checked on Lee Chan before he faced me. “Thank you. I was meeting my friends until I met Seunghee just now. I asked him to stay here but I forgot to get him back. I’m sorry for burdening you and thank you for taking care of my brother.” that guy uttered. So this is Jihoon.

 

Hyungwon nodded. “It’s okay. Hanseol takes good care of him very well.” praised him but it didn’t touch my heart even a bit.

 

I stared at Jihoon. “Lee Jihoon shi, you shouldn’t do this again. He is too scared here. How could you leave him alone here?” I didn’t know what was going on but I ended up scolding him to make Seunghee and Hyungwon look at me weird.

 

“I’m really sorry.” Jihoon apologized again before Seunghee hissed at me, signalling me with her eyes. From what I can see, she was asking ‘What are you trying to do, silly?’ with her silent language.

 

I my lips as I stood up. “I think I should go home.” I excused myself before walking out from the hall. Hyungwon and Seunghee chased after me as they stopped me in a hurry. “Ya Hyun Seunghee, why did you let him leave his brother like that?” I asked Seunghee as she frowned his forehead in confusion. What the hell is wrong with me?! I shook my head before I walked away again from them.

 

Hyungwon ran to me as he grabbed my arm and turned me around, facing him abruptly. “Hanseol, are you okay?” he asked.

 

I sighed. “Yeah, I’m good. It just…” I cleared my throat. “Nothing. I slept late last night.” I gave an excuse which was out of topic totally.

 

“Really? Do you want me to send you back home?” Hyungwon showed his caring side and made me smile over his gentleman. He eyed me in a strange way. “Why are you suddenly smiling?” he asked maybe because I looked creepy right now.

 

“Nothing. It just… you look cute.” I complimented him and without notice I was saying he CUTE! Whath?!

 

Hyungwon curved into a smile shyly as I looked away in embarrassment. I couldn’t think of anything and as I saw Seunghee, I pulled her with me and she flinched in surprise. “Hyungwon ah, I think we need to go back.” I said before dragging Seunghee along with me. Seunghee who was unwillingly following me pushed my hand away so that I could stop her from forcing her.

 

“Ya Gong Hanseol!” she whined.

 

I heaved a sigh before linking my arm with hers. “I’m sorry. I just wanted to avoid awkward situations.” I told her.

 

“Then, why are you mad at Jihoon just now?” she pouted her lips.

 

“Because he left his brother alone.” I explained. “And I wasn't mad at him. I just warned him.” I added.

 

Seunghee crossed her arms on her chest. “I know it was his fault but you shouldn’t have done that.”

 

“Okay, fine. I’m sorry okay.”

 

She looked at me suspiciously. “Are you… on period?”

 

I narrowed my eyes to her before knocking her head as she grieved in pain. “I had a period three weeks ago. Let’s get back home.” I pulled her with me as we walked together to our neighbourhood. As Seunghee was about to go to the other street, she stopped to make me stay still along with her. She shoved her hand into her pocket before asking me to hand out my palm.

 

She put a toy figure which was quite familiar to me. “This dinosaur toy was given by Jihoon. He said Chan asked him to give it to you.” she told me.

 

I stared at it before looking up at her. “Ohh… Thank you.” I answered hesitantly.

 

Seunghee nodded as both were separated by the street since Seunghee lived at the first alley meanwhile I was at the second alley. I reached a bit late and as I entered the house, Chanyeol was the first person I met as I walked in.

 

“Oh noona!” he greeted me cheerfully before I slowly smiled at him.

 

Seems like we are getting better.