Thirteen

MR DISORDER

It was finally the weekend as me, Aunt Mijoo and Chanyeol stayed at home. We all woke up quite late since it was the weekend, so yeah, nobody woke us up even Aunt Mijoo. She probably tired from working in the evening until late at night. I woke up as I felt the sun was shooting my room and warmed up the room automatically. I yawned as I looked at time. 10pm. “Woah… what a long night.” I yawned with a stink breath.

 

The door knocked before Aunt Mijoo ducked her head in. “Wake up?”

 

“Hmm.” I replied as Aunt Mijoo came in and collected my dirty clothes as usual for laundry. I looked at her before pointing to my uniform on the chair as Aunt Mijoo sighed. I giggled as I mouthed ‘thank you’ to her.

 

Aunt Mijoo, who was about to go out, stopped for a while before facing me. “Oh Hanseol ah, can you help me?” she asked.

 

I looked at her. “What is it?”

 

“Can you buy some food? I am too lazy to cook today. Please~” she pleaded and made me smile.

 

“Okay.” I agreed.

 

She smiled. “Just buy some noodles at Aunt Haesoo’s shop. The one that you and Seunghee usually go.” Aunt Mijoo told me as I nodded.

 

When she went out, I stretched my body before taking a bath and after I did bathing, I put on a simple striped long sleeves t-shirt with my loose black pants. Well, of course my thick blue jacket should come along and these are what we called as SWAG. I stepped from the room before bumped into Chanyeol who was coming out from his room simultaneously. “Oh noona, where are you going?” he asked while his eyes scrutinised me from head to toes.

 

“I’m going to buy food.” I replied.

 

He circled his eyes with a smile. “I want to go too.”

 

I shook my head quickly. “No no no. Stay at home. You will end up trouble me.” I declined before he sat down while shaking his legs reluctantly.

 

“I want to go~” he whimpered before messing his curly hair in frustration.

 

I sighed. There…. He starts again. “Ya Park Chanyeol.”

 

Aunt Mijoo perhaps heard us, ran towards us in a hurry. “What happened here? Channie ya, what are you doing down there?” she asked before bombarding a glare at me. I shrugged my shoulders, pretended like I don’t even know. Aunt Mijoo got Chanyeol who was still childishly throwing tantrums and made me annoyed.

 

“I want to follow Hanesol noona~” he whined again with tears rolled on his cheek. Why is he so easy to cry?

 

Aunt Mijoo shot me a glare again, making me nervous. “W-What?” I asked in stuttering.

 

“Bring him along.” ordered her as I closed my eyes with a deep sigh. “It is not that far, Hanseol. He must be missing to come out. Please, just bring him out.” persuaded Aunt Mijoo while wiping his tears.

 

I stomped my feets in recent times. “I wait in front and in 1 minute if he doesn't come out without his tears, I will not bring him, understand?” I sternly said before I went out to the gate. Ugh! This boy is irritating me!

 

In a few seconds, Chanyeol came out with his dinosaurs in his grip. Aunt Mijoo sent him to the front and combed his hair with her fingers neatly. I looked at him who was eagerly wearing his shoes and made me roll my eyes in annoyance. “If you want to follow, leave those toys.” I told him. Chanyeol stopped from wearing his shoes.

 

He looked at me with his round innocent eyes. “Why? I want them to follow.” he answered with his pouty lips.

 

I changed my sight to Aunt Mijoo, and gave some random signal. “Channie ya, you don’t have to bring it. What would happen if it lost? I promise I will take care of it.” convinced Aunt Mijoo as Chanyeol sighed. Uwahh he knows how to sigh now. He handed his toys to Aunt Mijoo while his eyes still stared at the toys in Aunt Mijoo’s arms.

 

“Take care of it okay?” reminded him as Aunt Mijoo nodded. “And don’t promise.” he added, making my heart stop from beating for a while before slowly smiling happily. He is really a good boy.

 

Chanyeol was done wearing his shoes as Aunt Mijoo faced me. “Hold him or he will lose, understand?” warned Aunt Mijoo while putting a thick sweater on him. Soon, Chanyeol stood up, I held his giant hand quickly and he gripped my hand back. We waved at Aunt Mijoo before both of us walked out to the street nearby our neighbourhood. I checked around, afraid that Seunghee or Hyungwon might appear. Chanyeol was jumping happily while singing random songs.

 

The street was full of famous Korean food and was the big reason why me and Seunghee usually came home late. The food street is our paradise. Once we arrived at a stall in which me and Seunghee usually go after school, Chanyeol looked at the food, especially Odeng/ Eomuk Tang (fish cake with hot broth) in front of us. “Oh Hanseol ah, you’re coming. I haven’t seen you for a long time.” Aunt Haesoo greeted me before her eyes plastered on Chanyeol.

 

I smiled at her. “I was quite busy with homework. Oh Aunt Mijoo asked me to buy some food for our lunch.” I told her.

 

“Normal order? How much do you want?” asked Aunt Haesoo but her eyes were still on Chanyeol.

 

I looked at the food with my hand tightly held Chanyeol’s hand. “Can I have three bowls of Mul-Naengmyeon (buckwheat and broth beef) and pajeon (korean pancake)? Perhaps, adding a little discount also will help.” I added as both of us laughed happily.

 

Aunt Haesoo smiled. “Aigoo… perhaps can.” she answered before packing the food that i had ordered just now.

 

Chanyeol pulled my hand lightly since our hands were tied together. “Hanseol noona, I want this.” he asked while pointing at the fish cakes in front of him.

 

I sighed. “Nope. We had enough.” I declined him and made him pout his lips.

 

“Ahhh I want~” he weeped while shaking my arm, pleading with his innocent eyes.

 

I shook my head strictly. That had turned his beast mode on. He started to cry before insisting me to buy those fishcakes. Everyone who was passing by stared at us and of course their attention more on a tall and big man who was crying like a child beside me. I palmed his mouth as he screamed on my palm which made all eyes on me instead of him! “Ya Park Chanyeol!” I raised my voice a bit and it got worse!

 

He pushed me before sitting down on the road in reluctance while crying out loudly. I palmed my face in embarrassment before suddenly he stopped from crying. I looked at him as I saw Aunt Haesoo give him a stick of fishcakes. “Aigoo why are you crying little boy? Noona scolded you?” She comforted him and made Chanyeol nod with his tears that kept rolling on his cheeks.

 

I stepped closer to them. “Aunt Haesoo, I am sorry if he and I had burdened you.” I apologized before Aunt Haesoo my hair softly.

 

“It’s okay. What is his name again?” she asked.

 

I my lips in nervousness. “Chanyeol. Park Chanyeol.” I answered.

 

“Ohh Chanyeol ah, you want some more?” she asked friendly before that boy nodded happily.

 

As Aunt Haesoo was about to go, I stopped her. “Aunt Haesoo, I am so sorry. How much does each stick? Later I pay.” I said in guilt as she smiled with a little wrinkle on her eyes.

 

“No need to pay. I give it to Chanyeol as presents. Later, I will pack some more for him.” she said kindly before going back to her place and continued to pack our foods.

 

I sighed as my eyes changed to that little rascal. “Ya, wake up. Come here.” I showed my hand before he hesitantly stared at my hand. “Come on. I won’t scold you anymore.” I told him to make sure he slowly reached my hand.

 

Chanyeol gripped my hand tightly before he kept on eating his fishcakes. I looked at him as I pulled him closer to me. “Don’t do this again, understand? Poor Aunt Haesoo.” I advised him secretly to make him nod in gullible.

 

“Noona want some?” He showed the fishcakes towards me as I shook my head, rejected him. “Eat some, noona.” he pleaded but this time, he did not sound like a child. Mostly insisting on me.

 

I heaved a sigh before taking a bite from his fishcake. Chanyeol smiled widely as he ate the remaining until finish. After a few minutes waiting, Aunt Haesoo came out with three plates of food. I checked through the foods before my eyes caught something weird inside the plastic. I looked up at Aunt Haesoo who was smiling, eyeing on Chanyeol. “Aunt Haesoo, you gives-”

 

“It’s okay. My treat for you and Chanyeol. That’s for your effort in taking care of someone like him.” she told me but I put on a sincere smile.

 

“Thank you, Aunt Haesoo. Please… don’t tell Aunt Mijoo about this.” I bowed to her politely before I elbowed Chanyeol. “Park Chanyeol, say thank you and bow politely.” I notified him as Chanyeol bowed properly as he said ‘thank you’.

 

Once I was about to go, Aunt Haesoo stopped us. “Hanseol, calm yourself. A boy like him needs a lot of patience but he is actually a good boy if you treat him well. I know you can.” advised her to make me nod in understanding. Then, we made our moves to the house while Chanyeol was looking around the neighbourhood. “Park Chanyeol…” I called him to make him face me.

 

I looked at him as my head rose to see his face since he was tall. She gazed at me puzzled. “Why, noona?”

 

I checked his face before he wiped his corner of his lips due to the fishcake that he ate just now. “Don’t tell Aunt Mijoo about this, okay?” I warned him as he nodded and he made a ‘zipping mouth’ sign.

 

“Noona, can we go out like this again?” he asked.

 

Go out like this again?! After what you had done?! This boy… I inhaled a deep breath, reminded by Aunt Haesoo’s words just now slowly calmed me. “Sure. But another day okay.”

 

He smiled happily before he tightened our hands together. I smiled too as we walked together back home. As we arrived at the house, Aunt Mijoo already waited at the front door in worry. Once she saw us, she rushed towards us before checking me and Chanyeol. “Are you guys okay? Why do you take a long time?” she asked in an anxious voice.

 

“Nothing happened. I brought Chanyeol to some food stalls over there.” I lied and to my surprise, Chanyeol was nodding in agreement.

 

Aunt Mijoo breathed out in relief. “I thought something happened to you.” she said before bringing us in because of the cold weather out there.

 

Aunt Mijoo served the foods that we bought just now on table make all of us drooled over the smell of the foods. “Woah… you bought fishcakes and tteokbokki (stir-fried rice cake) too? You have enough money?” she asked as I nodded since the tteokbokki was free from Aunt Haesoo. Aunt Mijoo seems suspicious because we bought a lot of food but she only gave a few of money. So, to avoid her from thinking about the foods, I started to sit down and eat the food and so did Chanyeol.

 

She smiled as she ate along the food, probably fed up thinking about it. If she knows about me fighting with Chanyeol out there, she won’t let me out again.