Eleven

MR DISORDER

 

After feeding Chanyeol dinner, I brought him to his room before looking at the time. It was 10:30 pm as I sighed in tiredness. Immo… please come home now… Chanyeol who was still active, playing around with his dinosaurs even when he was walking to the room. “Chanyeol ah, ready for bed.” I told him in a lazy way to make him throw himself on the bed.

 

He took all his dinosaur toys as I looked at him. “You can’t sleep with that. It will hurt you.” I advised even the toys were plastics but they are hard plastic so yeah, avoid it!

 

Chanyeol stared at my action while collecting those toys and put them aside. “Noona noona~” He whined before showing his hands, wanted something.

 

“What is it?”

 

“I want Allosaurus and Oviraptor.”

 

I frowned my forehead in confusion. “Wait, which one?” I checked those dinosaur toys on the bedside which looked the same for me.

 

He rolled his body towards me as he took two dinosaurs in front of me. “These.” he shook the toys at me and made me roll my eyes in annoyance.

 

“Okay, you got what you want. Now, sleep.” I told him as he fixed himself on the bed. I took the blanket before covering his half body. Chanyeol still looked at his dinosaurs in his grips while making some dinosaur’s noise. Why is he still active? I took the dinosaurs before putting them beside him as he whimpered like a kid. “What’s wrong?”

 

“I want to sleep with them.”

 

I sighed. “Park Chanyeol, just sleep. These dinosaurs won’t go anywhere. Please sleep.” I sounded desperate since my eyes were not able to open and it will close whenever they want.

 

He pouted before covering his face with the thick blanket.

 

Is he sulking? Gosh…

 

I slowly removed the blanket. “Fine. Just sleep while holding this.” I put the dinosaurs in his both grips as he smiled widely in happiness. I sat beside him, which was on his bed since I was standing for the whole 30 minutes because of him. He looked at me as I looked at him too before I cleared my throat and looked away to avoid his eyes. “Noona…”

 

My heart jumped when he called me. Slowly, I faced him. “What is it?”

 

He sat down while gazing at me with his round eyes that made him quite closer to me. “Why can't we promise?” he questioned innocently.

 

For a few seconds, my parents’ faces came into my mind. I miss them. I felt tears start to produce in my eyes and make me wipe it quickly. “N-Nothing. I just… hate promises.” I answered in gloom.

 

Chanyeol thinned his lips. I can’t define whether he understands it or not. I sighed. “Promise is something big and huge. It takes a lot of responsibilities to fulfill it. So don’t ever promise if you can’t grant it, understand?” I explained that he was clueless just now. He nodded before palming his chest all of a sudden.

 

“I, Park Chanyeol will not promise anymore but say it when I can fulfill it.” He spoke his pledge and made me burst into laughter.

 

He clapped his hands happily as he laid down again. “I like it when noona laughs.” Chanyeol said slowly faded my laughter. I cleared my throat, back to the evil stepmother's mood. I stood up, ready to leave him for sleep. He stared at me before waving at me. “Good night, noona.” he uttered as he shutted his eyes and made me smile with his cheeky action.

 

I walked out as I went into my room after putting that boy to sleep. The messages and missed calls from Seunghee and Hyungwon no longer played in my mind. Since I was with Chanyeol the whole time, I felt I was in his world and I forgot all those people outside there. In a second, I fell asleep.

 

The next morning, I woke up because Aunt Mijoo’s voice sang from outside and that relieved me a lot. As I sat down, the door opened simultaneously before Aunt Mijoo entered my room. “Gong Hanseol-'' her words stopped as she saw me fully wake up.

 

“When did you wake up?” she asked in astonishment.

 

I giggled. “Your voice can be my alarm. The neighbourhood also can wake up by hearing your singing.” I as she put her hands around her hips.

 

“You little naughty girl.” she pinched my cheeks as I laughed before trying to push her from pinching my fat cheeks. “Bath now and let’s eat breakfast.” she slid off the curtain.

 

I nodded. As I was about to go to the toilet, Aunt Mijoo suddenly stopped me. “Oh how was yesterday? Was it hard to take care of him?” she asked now, like why now?!

 

“You better not left him without bathing.” I murmured and made Aunt Mijoo laugh.

 

“I told you he is not that easy to take a bath.” Aunt Mijoo said while picking up yesterday's uniform.

 

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. “Please don’t do it again. I can feed him food if he is hungry but to bath him, not again.”

 

She chuckled lightly. “Okay, I’ll try. Now bath.” she told as she left the room. I took my morning bath for 5 minutes since the shower was cold. If I use the heater, it will take 20 minutes for me to leave the bathroom. As I put on my uniform, I walked out of the room before I stopped for a while and my head automatically faced Chanyeol’s room. Has he woke up already?

 

Suddenly, Chanyeol came out with his messy curly hair with dinosaur toys in his arm. He looked at me as his face lightened with a smile. “Oh noona~” he happily greeted me while studying me from head to toes. He pouted his lips with his head down, looked down on his toys.

 

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

 

He looked up at me. “I want to go to school too like noona.” he said randomly as I felt guilty. He doesn’t know his condition now.

 

I was about to reply something before Aunt Mijoo butted in. “You will go to school, dear. When you grow up a bit, Aunt Jiho will send you to school like noona.” she confronted him as he smiled again.

 

“But I want to go to school with noona.” he added as I rolled my eyes. Why does he like me so much? I always scold him and he still likes me. Huh…

 

Aunt Mijoo nodded. “Later okay. Now, let’s eat. Have you brushed your teeth?” she asked as Chanyeol nodded. Then, she brought him to the dining table as I followed them from behind. As usual, my seat will be opposite him and Aunt Mijoo will sit beside Chanyeol. While we were eating, Aunt Mijoo kept praising Chanyeol for good use of chopsticks and the worse thing was, HE DIDN’T THANK ME AT ALL!

 

After I finished my breakfast, I went off to school because I only left a few minutes before the school gate closed. I reached school at perfect timing as I rushed to my class.

 

The school went smoothly until the break time came, I went out with Seunghee to the back of school where we were always migling there. Seunghee was bringing some bread so we chose to eat there instead of the canteen. “Oh how was yesterday?” I asked while taking a bite of red bean bread.

 

Seunghee munched the bread until it was finished. “Well, it went well. They did a small celebration only.” she told me as I nodded. “Oh ya by the way, Hyungwon is not coming today.” she added.

 

I was speechless and froze at the same time. No wonder I feel empty today. “But why? I was about to chit chat with him.” I pouted in sadness.

 

“He was not in good health. Probably, you were not there yesterday.” Seunghee teasingly elbowed me and made me smile again in blush.

 

The school ended boredly since Hyungwon was not there to cheer me up. Seunghee who was distracted with the glum plastered on my face widened her arms in front of me while we were walking back to home. I stopped in surprise as she stared at me with her narrow eyes. “Ya Gong Hanseol!” She called in mad, making me puzzled.

 

“What is it~?” I asked in a lazy.

 

She crossed her arms. “Why do you look so unhappy?” she questioned.

 

I crossed my arms like she did. “Isn't it obvious?” I asked her back.

 

“Hyungwon…?”

 

I rolled my eyes before pushing her aside while walking away from her. Seunghee chased after me as she caught my pace quite fast. “Ya… I was with you all the time. Why must you find that guy? Seunghee is upset~” she sat down on the road and made everyone who were passing by laughed at her. I spun around to see she was like that, sighed in fed up. I stepped closer to him before handing my hand, asked her to stand up.

 

“Fine. Stand up now or I leave you.” I threatened her as she quickly stood up. “I’m sorry.” I murmured.

 

Seunghee chuckled softly before tugging her hair behind her ear. “What have you said just now? I can’t hear.” She provoked me and made me roll my eyes.

 

“I’m sorry, okay. I shouldn’t be sad when you are only by my side everyday.” I apologized before she hugged me tightly in her arms.

 

“Aigoo, my Hanseol~” Seunghee giggled as both of us walked together, tagging with each other's arms happily. As I reached home, I went in to see Chanyeol and Aunt Mijoo were eating peacefully. I walked away as I heard Aunt Mijoo was calling for me to eat. I ignored them before entering my room and threw myself on the bed. Ahhh I miss Hyungwon…

 

I walked out to the living room before flopped myself on the couch while Chanyeol was playing with his toys. I looked around, looking for Aunt Mijoo. She went to work already. “Ahhh so bored.” I said between my breath and I didn’t know it audible for Chanyeol.

 

“Noona, come and play with me.” he invited.

 

I looked at him before lazily got down, beside him. He arranged some dinosaurs in front of me as he put one in my hand. “What is this?” I asked while stared at the long neck dinosaur.

 

“This is Diplodocus. Great, right?” he giddily said.

 

I shrugged my shoulder. “So what should I do?” I questioned since I didn’t have any idea what he was playing all this time.

 

“We should fight. Your dinosaurs fight with mine.” he explained, making me nod, not even a slight I understand what he said.

 

He took out a dinosaur as I put the ‘Diplodocus’ that he mentioned just now. Suddenly, he pushed my dinosaur with his dinosaur figure. “Ya, why are you pushing mine?” I asked in dissatisfaction.

 

“You lose. Mine is Spinosaurus. He can eat meat.” he said, making me frown my forehead in confusion. I pouted as I looked away. “I don’t want to play anymore.” I said in sulk before I moved away from him. Chanyeol who saw it quickly sat closer to me. He tugged on my shirt as I pulled my shirt from his hands. I glanced at him who was pouting with his blossom lips.

 

“Why…? Play with me, noona~” he begged while whining made me roll my eyes.

 

I faced him. “Park Chanyeol, This game is not interesting. Why don't we play other things?” I offered as he smiled widely. “Okay the game is easy. You should answer all my questions honestly and I will do the same, understand?” I briefly said as he nodded in understanding.

 

“Noona starts first okay. So, who do you like more? Me or Aunt Mijoo?” I asked.

 

Chanyeol smiled. “Of course, noona!” he answered and I smiled in satisfaction. That’s the only answer I want.

 

“Me me!” Chanyeol fixed his position in front of me. “Emm… what is noona’s full name?” he asked a question in which I had been answered since I was kindergarten.

 

I sighed. “Gong Hanseol.” I replied before he repeatedly said my name.

 

“My turn.” I cleared my throat. “How old are you?” I asked. Actually, I was curious about his life since I knew him as a child from the first time we met.

 

“Eight.”

 

“No no. Your real age. You… don’t know?” I hesitated to ask, afraid it would hurt his feelings.

 

“Ohh… Aunt Jiho said I was 23 years old but then, she said I am eight” He showed his teeth in embarrassment and made me smile.

 

I looked at him, gazed and studied him for a while. “How can you be like this, Park Chanyeol?” I asked as he glanced at me. He bit his lower lips before looking around, and felt like something suspicious around us. I roamed around just like he did. What’s wrong with him? Is there anyone? Suddenly he held my hand and made me jump in surprise with his action before he came real close to me in which I could feel his breath. “Noona want to know?” he asked in his whispery voice.

 

I nodded uneasy.

 

“Aunt Jiho didn’t let me tell anyone but I will tell you.” he said, making me uncomfortable. “I…” he his lips. “I had an accident. 5 years ago.”

 

My breath stuck and so did my lips. “A-Acci...d-dent?”