One

MR DISORDER

“IMMO!!!”

I heard footsteps running towards me as I crossed my arms upon my chest while waiting for this ahjumma to appear in front me. The door opened instantly before Aunt Mijoo barged in with an apron, picture of bikini on her body and spatula on her right hand. “What’s wrong, Hanseol?” she asked in panic. Her eyes were roaming, checking around the room if anything happened to me. Well, it was fine. Except me. 

“I forgot to do my homework.” I told her in a calm way that she looked at me. Like what-the-hell.

In a second, I got a beat by her favourite spatula from my aunt as I grieved in pain. “Ahh Immo~” I groaned in pain while rubbing my head. “Ya! Are you crazy? You almost give me a heart attack!” Aunt Mijoo shouted back at me and almost gave me her second hit from the spatula before I crawled myself to the corner of the bed as protection. She could kill me! 

“It’s your fault on the phone all night long with your friends.” she said while her hands were busy slid the curtains off and opened the window for a little fresh air in my room. I sat down on my messy bed. My eyes studied all my aunt’s movements before suddenly she stopped in front of me. “Gong Hanseol…”

I looked up at her with a smile. “Yes?”

She smiled lightly before it turned into a fierce-tiger face. “Go and take your bath!”

I jumped in surprise as I simultaneously stood up. “Yes, Captain!” I saluted and made my way to the bathroom. Once I was about to close the door, I ducked my head out to make Aunt Mijoo startled. “What do you want again?” she asked while trying to calm herself by faking a smile.

“Immo, I smell something burn.”

Aunt Mijoo stared at me while her nose scrunched, smelling the whole air in the room. Then, her eyes rounded like a ping pong ball before she ran out in speed. “MY EGGS!” That was all I could hear from Aunt Mijoo before I got ready for my school day. After taking a bath and put on my uniform, I tied my hair into a simple ponytail which was my favourite hairstyle all the time as I walked out from the room straight to the dining table. “Oh? Immo!”

“What?” Aunt Mijoo replied from the kitchen lazily.

“Where is the breakfast? Should I eat by myself at school?” I questioned like a brat girl.

Aunt Mijoo came with a plate and all I could see was a slice of bread and a glass of milk. “Erm… just bread?” I questioned and was annoyed that Aunt Mijoo signaled me to sit down on the table without making any complaint. She spread some red jam, probably strawberry jam on my bread before handing it to me. “This is your punishment for making me sweat in the morning.” she uttered.

I snickered softly and just ate the bread without saying anything. Well, I like when Aunt Mijoo reacted to my prank. She is just being cute at the same time. “How about your homework?” she asked while taking a sip of her coffee.

I shrugged my shoulder. “I will copy Seunghee later.”

She just shook her head, maybe she was done with me. “Today, do come home early.” she told while munching on her zero calories biscuits.

“Is it an order or a statement?”

“An order. So, promise you’ll be back early?”

“Should I promise?”

Aunt Mijoo glared at me and made me sighed. “Fine. Not a promise but I swear I will.” I ate the last bite of the bread before walking away to the door. “By the way Immo, why do I need to come back early? Just curious about it.” I asked while wearing my shoes. Aunt Mijoo leaned her torso on the door frame. “We have guests.”

I raised my head up. “Guests?”

“Yes. Hope you don’t mind.”

I stood up before fixing my uniform and backpack. “Well, it’s your house, Immo.” I giggled. “Cahh… bye, Immo! See you later!” I ran out as both of us waved to each other. Usually, I will go back earlier than Aunt Mijoo since she worked quite far from the house and my school was near to her house. So, I only met Aunt Mijoo in the morning and night. 

As I entered the school area, an arm wrapped around my shoulder made me look aside. A face that I wish I could see everyday smiling at me with a very warm smile that can melt any ice that freeze in my small world. “Hey Hanseol.” he called out my name while we walked together shoulder to shoulder. My eyes were still glued on him.

He. Him. Chae Hyungwon. All girls’ dreamy ideal men. His eyes are beautifully narrow with a little puffy eyebags that make his glance look gentle and when he laughs or smiles, it turns into a crescent moon. Drool any girl who sees it at a closer distance like right now. He has thick lips which suit him and whenever he smiles, he looks y and tender. “Hey…” I answered nervously.

“Do we have any extra class today?” he asked and all I could see was his long arm around my shoulder.

Hyungwon looked at me before waving it in front of my eyes. “Hanseol?”

I woke up to his mild voice calling my name. “Yes?”

“Are you still sleeping?” he chuckled, making me laugh along with him even though I didn’t know what he laughed about. “So what do you ask just now?” I asked back. Poor him… I didn’t respond to him and he must be waiting for my answer. Hehehehehe… “Oh yes. Do we have extra class today?” he questioned again.

“Oh yes, we do. Mathematics.” I just can’t imagine how I could survive later in class with those numbers and formulas.

Hyungwon seems to have the same thought as me. “I didn’t attend Math class yesterday because of dance practices. Too bad we are not in the same class. Agh… I will look stupid in extra class later.” he said like he was in a big trouble but I saw him like a prince who was shy to meet his princess. 

But then, his eyes changed to make my heart beat fast. “So Gong Hanseol, can you be my teacher? You are in first class though.” he asked for help but can his sight move away from my eyes? I almost lost my breath now. My mouth wanted to say yes because this was the only chance I could get near to Hyungwon. “Y-Ye-” 

“GONG HANSEOL!!!!”

That voice…

We looked aside as Seunghee ran to us with her hair braided in two tails. Can she not disturb the moment of the hero and heroine's perfect scene? I faked a smile before she stood beside me with sweat on her forehead. “Oh Hyungwon! Hii!!” she cheerfully greeted Hyungwon and he smiled sincerely to her. Seunghee faced me with her big smile. “Hanseol ah~ Aigoo… why do you look so red?” she asked to make Hyungwon eyed me.

I palmed my cheeks. This must be blush that Hyungwon’s aura sent to me and added some anger towards Seunghee. “Oh really? It j-just… hot here.” I pretended to fan with my hand as I elbowed Seunghee. But, Seunghee was too slow and stupid to understand my sign make me more furious. “Do you need a fan?” she asked in blank.

I sighed.  “I have to go.” I said and Hyungwon just nodded.

Seunghee who seems lost, followed me from behind. “Hanseol ah, why are you so fast?” she complained while kept chasing after me. When I stopped, she automatically bumped on me make me more frustrated. “Ya Hyun Seunghee!”

She jumped in surprise. “Ya! Why are you shouting at me?”

“Because you ruin everything.”

She gawked in disbelief. “What? Ruin everything?”

“I almost got a chance date with Hyungwon and you just came like a third person.”

“Ya! How can I-” she stopped her words before stared at me. “Am I-I listen wrongly?” she pulled me to face her. “You date with… H-Hyungwon? Really?” 

I tried to avoid her eyes but I just couldn't control my feeling before I curved into a smile. Seunghee jumped in excitement before she hugged me. “My Hanseol got a date!” both of us laughed as we jumped around happily.

Seunghee pushed me a bit. “How can it be? Tell me, tell me~”

I hugged her arm as we walked together to class. “He was not attending yesterday's class and he asked me to be his teacher.” I told her to stop me from walking. “Wait! That’s not a date.” she was confused as I continued walking and Seunghee ran to get me again. 

“Well, let's just start from a small meeting which is study and who knows, we might turn the study meeting into a hot date.” I said dreamily that Seunghee tittered with me as both of us went to class as usual. As the school ended, I walked out with Seunghee before a voice called out my name made both of us stop from walking further. “Gong Hanseol!”

I turned around to see Hyungwon was running towards us. Seunghee was smiling before she elbowed me, making me even shy. “Going back?” he asked while trying to gasp some air from tiredness. I nodded and Seunghee did it too, making us look like a twin.

“Well, you saved me from answering Ms Han’s question during Math extra class and you also taught me some formulas which are not familiar to me so…”

“So…?” 

He smiled. Sparkling! “I would like to treat you to some snacks before you get back home.” he said it made my heart flutter like a wave of ocean. “Perhaps something cold like ice shaved?”

I smiled happily. “Sure!”

“Ya, what about me? Shall I leave you guys for a hot date-” Seunghee said without hesitation before I palmed her aggressive mouth from throwing more nonsense words which slowly will reveal my secret. 

Hyungwon laughed as he hugged my shoulder again. AGAIN?! Seunghee who witnessed the whole scene in disbelief before she patted my arm secretly. “Of course, you can come too, Seunghee. We have been friends since we were small. I treat both of you.” he offered to make Seunghee jump happily.

The three of us walked together or I can say that Seunghee really gave me and Hyungwon private space in which she walked in front of us and not bothered us having a little sweet chat. Even though we only talked about his practice with his groupmates where they all called ‘Monsta X’. Sounds like an idol group, right? I found it funny by the way.

The time flew so fast as the sky slowly turned darker. Hyungwon was separated from me and Seunghee by the bus station as he went to the left and we went to the right. “How was him?” Seunghee asked in curiosity since she did a very good job by not disturbed us anymore. I smiled. “What do you think? We had been friends for 7 years.”

She giggled in cringed. “Ohhh… I bet you and Hyungwon will be a couple in the future.” Seunghee added some hopes to me make me smile happily.

“Well, I hope so.”

“But he has a lot of fans. I mean many girls like him.”

I looked at her and that was the saddest fact. He truly has a lot of girls drooling over him and people know that Hyungwon and I have been friends since we were kids. When I moved out to Aunt Mijoo’s house, we rarely met until he moved to this school and my childhood began again. However, no girls dare to beat me because Hyungwon will end up seeking me. Huh!

Seunghee clinged her arm onto mine. “Don’t worry. He will totally fall for you. He had rejected all girls just to be friends with you.”

I nodded and that was the end of our conversation as I arrived at the house. “I’m home.” I said while removing my shoes away. Once I entered, Aunt Mijoo was standing in the living room with her eyes twitched on me. “Oh Immo, are you alright?” I asked.

“Gong Hanseol. What time is it now?” she ignored my question. I looked at the clock before facing her again.

“It’s 7pm.”

Aunt Mijoo crossed her arms on her chest. “And what time should you get home?”

I sighed, now I know. “Okay, fine. I was late a bit because I went out with Seunghee. The end.”

She scrutinised me and made me a bit nervous. “You went out with your friend and forget what I just told you this morning?”

I sighed again. “Immo, just straight to the point. What is it that you want?” I asked her again.

“You promise me to come back home early. You just broke your promise.”

I glared at my aunt. “Promise? Anyone can break the promise.” I answered simply before making my way to my room. But not too fast, Aunt Mijoo grabbed my arm as she pulled me to face her. “Ya Gong Hanseol! If you make a promise, you should take responsibility for your promise. Now, the guests have already gone home.” She was mad now and I was even mad too.

I took my hand away from her grip roughly. “What’s so important about the guests? And for your information, promise is meant to be broken. Just like my parents did to me!” I yelled with my breath ups and downs due to controlling my anger.

“W-What?”

“You don’t know, right? My parents promise me that they will protect and come back home to see me? Now, you see. They left me for forever! Those stupid promise are useless!” I shouted and without knowing that my tears burst again. I stomped my feets towards my room before I slammed the door hard. I hate this! When it comes to my parents, I will cry! 

I threw myself on the bed, embedded my face on the pillow. I heard the door opened as I felt heavy beside me. “Hanseol…” Aunt Mijoo called and I chose to ignore her, not wanting to let her see me cry like a kid. She slowly pulled me up and I dragged myself to sit down, facing my aunt.

“I’m sorry…” Aunt Mijoo wrapped me in her arms as I cried on her chest. “I shouldn't be mad at you, dear.” she gave a peck on my forehead to make me cry more. That was the same like eomma would do to me when I cry.

“I didn’t mean to hurt you.” she said as I only nodded. 

I looked up at her with my wet face due to tears. “Why did they leave me? Could they leave me without hurting me?” I sobbed and Aunt Mijoo started to wipe my tears on my cheeks. “They didn’t leave you for no reason. Every separation will be replaced with happiness and that will happen to you.” Aunt Mijoo explained.

I stared at her with my innocent face. “Like you replace their place as my parents?” I questioned.

Aunt Mijoo chuckled while caressing my hair. “Perhaps. As long as you are happy, they will be happy up there too.”

“Then they shouldn’t promise to stay with me forever. They broke it without being responsible for it.”

“They didn’t break it. I am sure they will take responsibility for the promise that they made for you.” She convinced me before wipe my tears on my cheeks. “You are just like my fairy godmother.” I said as both of us burst into laughter. 

“Cahhh… now you bath and then straight to bed okay.”

I nodded. “Oh by the way, who are the guests that you mentioned just now?” I asked Aunt Mijoo as she stopped and looked at me. 

“Oh, it was my friend a.k.a my boss. Park Jiho and also her nephew.” Aunt Mijoo said. “But don’t worry. They will come again tomorrow.”

“Really? Why do you really need me to meet them? Did I know them?”

She nodded. “Just now, her nephew was throwing a tantrum so she decided to come back home early and I just thought that I could introduce you to her handsome nephew. Aish, it's okay. You will meet them tomorrow. Her nephew is cute and smart though.”

I narrowed my eyes to her provokingly as I elbowed her. “Ohhh you like someone younger huh?” I make Aunt Mijoo gave a light pinched on my arm as I grieved in hurt. “Auch okay okay. I was joking.” I grieved while rubbed my arm even it was not that hurt but it helped me to make my aunt felt guilt.

“Whatever it is, come home early tomorrow okay? Her nephew wanted to meet you.”

I furrowed my forehead in confusion. “Me? Why?”

“I don’t know. He seems like you.” Aunt Mijoo just shrugged her shoulders before walking out from the room, leaving me in curiosity.  Who is he? 

 

Author's notes: Hello, readers! Thank you for waiting for me to upload the first chapter of MR DISORDER. It was hard to write this story at first but after encouragement by my family and friends, my confidence towards this story getting positive. I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter even the main characters' roles are quite vague but I bet you will definitely understand once you follow up and keep on reading this story. Anyways, you may leave any comment and feedback for my story. Thank you and happy reading!