Chapter 2

Sleeping Beauty

Medical staff poured into the coma boy’s room all checking different equipment whilst firing hundreds of questions off at him for example his name, how was he was feeling, does he know what year it was, all though mundane questions doctors would ask but this was not a normal case, far from it. Namjoon watched from afar, his brain trying to make sense of this situation. When he kissed the coma boy he woke up, Namjoon could hardly believe that something from a fairy tale would happen to him. It couldn’t have been the kiss, its was impossible that he, Namjoon was able to revive someone with a kiss. No, it just had to be coincidence, he just happened to wake up after Namjoon kissed him.

“What is the last thing you can remember?” Yoongi asked the patient, he had been called over from his ward as a specialist. Yoongi specialised in head injuries which can be a potential cause for the coma however how he survived all these years is still unknown.

“Walking home, where am I and who are you?” the patient replied, his eyes looked around the room, a confused look was present on his face before his eyes landed on Namjoon who was still leaning up against the wall looking at the floor.

“I’m Doctor Min Yoongi, you are currently in a hospital, you have been in a coma for well over a thousand years, do you remember your name?” Yoongi explained.

“Kim Seokjin, did you say a thousand years, how am I still alive?” Seokjin questioned his eyes were still on Namjoon.

“We are not quite sure” Namjoon finally spoke up.

“Who are you?” Seokjin asked.

“Student Doctor Kim Namjoon” Namjoon answered his eyes were still trained on the floor.

“Why don't you look at me?” Seokjin questioned, ever since he woke up, the student doctor had stuck as far away from Seokjin as he could.

“Namjoon was dared by a fellow nurse to kiss you, he was then blackmailed into doing it because Namjoon is too kind-hearted, he is obviously mentally torturing himself because you happened to wake up right after he kissed you, kinda like that Disney movie Sleeping Beauty, maybe you are soulmates and that’s why Kim-ssi woke up when you kissed” Yoongi explained however near the end he was teasing both Seokjin and Namjoon.

“Maybe, I mean I don’t know what it is like now but in the past, no one believed in true love, it was something only the Royals could experience if you were a peasant then oh well, you were stuck with the people of your same class. If the future is different then maybe soulmates are something that exists in your world” Seokjin agreed looking over at Namjoon, who had finally lifted his eyes from the floor and was looking at Seokjin in shock.

“What” Namjoon muttered.

“I guess there is only one way to find out” Seokjin murmured before gently pushing himself onto his knees, his body ached from not using it for years. The two doctors watched Seokjin, neither knew what to do. Once Seokjin was securely on his knees, he wrapped his arms around Namjoon’s neck before pulling him into a kiss.

Both Namjoon and Seokjin felt electricity shoot through their veins when their lips connected. Seokjin could feel his heart speed up. He had fallen in love with Kim Namjoon, his soulmate.