Chess Game

A Cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie made no movement, but she was so confused at what she was hearing. What is this about? Is SM stealing power? She a recording feature on her bracelet. 

There was a silence between them as they drank from their cup of liquor.

"So what did you do exactly to SM that you're so sure they're going to come here?" 

"A few weeks ago I sent a request to meet with Lee Soo Man. Of course he declined it seeing as we're supposed to be rival companies. But with the pictures, I leaked I was sure he would be thinking twice if he should agree to meet or not. But that's not enough to convince him to come and negotiate as soon as possible. So I sent a threat to him, if he does not agree to my prepositions then it goes out."

JYP nodded, letting the words sink in. "So what now? Did he agree?"

"Not quite but he did request to meet with me- well us, tonight."

Jennie couldn't quite get out now and they couldn't as well leave either. With the head of SM coming, no doubt there would be more to uncover. But if they don't leave, the percentage of them getting found and maybe caught is getting higher. But before she came to a decision and abrupt sound came from her earpiece.

"Unnie where are you guys? We've been waiting for a long time now. You guys didn't go out so I and Lisa knocked out the security guard." Jennie didn't reply to Chaeyoung because she might comprise herself and Jisoo. So she resorted to taking her phone out and texting her instead.

J: We're stuck in here with YG and JYP. Just keep guard, there might be some trouble and the FBI are here undercover. Just keep me on the line so you can hear us.

C: What?! How did the FBI get in and know about YG?

J: I don't know but just stay on your post, there's more to discover than what we thought.

C: Alright.

Jennie started to shuffle underneath the desk to hide better because she is a bit in an obvious spot. But as she was moving she bumped the table a bit and the notebook on top of it fell to the ground. This caught YG's attention.

YG immediately turned his head in her direction. "What the- why is that there?" 

"." Jennie mouthed. 

"What's where?" JYP asked. 

"My notebook. It's usually inside my drawer." YG stood up and went directly to the notebook. He picked it up and felt something weird about the atmosphere in the room. 

YG started looking around the room and his eyes were brought back to his desk. He found it very suspicious, he feels that somebody has been in here. He walks slowly around the desk, so close to where Jennie is hidden. Jennie could hear his footsteps nearing her, and she went into a defensive stance in case she needs to run.

But as he was about to turn and see her, he stopped right at the corner as a knock came pounding on the door. One more step and she'll be in an open spot.

Both his and YG's head whipped towards the door. YG set the notebook down on the table and completely abandoned his suspicions as he marched towards the door.

He opened it and a man dressed in a black suit and tie greets him. "Sir I was informed that a guest was here for a meeting. I have him waiting for your approval." 

"Oh yes." He shot JYP a look to which he responded with a nod. 

YG turned back to the man in front of him and instructed him to lead the way. Not long after JYP stood up and followed.

 

******

The Party...

Hanbin was busy walking around the house with champagne in his hand. He was still weirded out by how the woman he was talking to just left him abruptly. He furrowed his brows trying to decipher where he's heard that voice. But before he could make any discovery or suggestions to who it was he was pulled out of his thoughts when a certain waiter bumped him making him spill a small portion of his drink on him. "What is up with everyone bumping into me tonight." Hanbin was starting to think that maybe his suit was bad luck. The waiter started apologizing and started patting his suit dry with a handkerchief he pulled out. He took Hanbin's drink and gave him a new drink.

"Sir."  

At that moment Yunhyeong slipped an object inside his suit. He looked at Yunhyeong for a second waiting for him when Hanbin dismissed him by nodding at him. No other words were exchanged and Yunhyeong continued his way, most probably looking for the others and doing the same thing.

Hanbin went to a more discreet place, looking around to make sure nobody was watching him. He opened the box and saw the earpieces and the small tranquilizer gun. Everything is set in motion. He took the earpieces and place it inside his ear fold. It activated with the contacts he was currently wearing. 

He blinked a few times to re-adjust his eyes. 

"Hello?" Jinhwan spoke in his ear. 

"Yeah I'm here." He responded, "Is there any news?" 

"As a matter of fact there is. Just recently while Yunhyeong was going around the hall, he spotted YG with JYP leaving a room. Let me pull the photo up so you can see with your enhanced contacts." It took a moment before a small display on the corner of his iris showed a picture of the two with bodyguards wearing masks accompanying them. "Yunhyeong purposely bumped into YG and placed a tracker on him, so if you want to know where he is during times, you just confirm with us."  

"Ok can you pull up the tracker?" 

"Ok just a second," he replied.

A second later a photo of YG and JYP was replaced with a 3D map of the mansion with a different voice speaking to him. "Agent Chanwoo speaking, here currently they are in the west wing of the mansion.I've also hacked into the system of the house and managed to download the system and security of the entire house. Presently they are on their way to a different area of the mansion." On the left side of his iris, a video suddenly popped. "I just pulled up the live feed of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter