A mistake

A Cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Agent Kim Hanbin where's your team?" 

A distraught Hanbin looks at the officer. "They're still on their way sir. Just give them a more time." 

Hanbin pleaded with the officer to give him more time for his team, they should've been there already but he was the one that was nearest to the scene. There 3 threatening men inside, one of them held a bomb. 

All they need is Hanbin's team's call to charge in or not. To kill the man or not.

Hanbin isn't the team leader so he can't call the shots. Even if he could, he doesn't want to. So he waits for his team and the team leader. 

As more time passes, the more it is becoming dangerous and more tense. As far as the authorities know there are still people inside. But if they do go in, it might trigger the bomber.

Hanbin looks at his watch, worry etched on his face. Where are they? He needs his team leader right now and when he called the leader, he refused to call the shots until he gets here and sees how bad the problem is. 

There were shots fired inside the mall and screaming. Hanbin heard a police officer shouting at his walkie talkie.

"What's going on inside?! Are those shots from us or from them?" 

"Sir that was from the them, he's shooting at random places. We need an order now, it's only a matter of time before they get bored and shoot someone."

The police officer looked at Hanbin again. "We need to at least do something."

Hanbin closed his eyes before finally deciding on what to do.

"Alright, here's what you guys do. Have police officers go in and try to get the remaining people out while some others go and hide in front of the shop and watch his move. You guys wait for the call to charge into the store and detain him."

Hanbin wore a bulletproof vest and went in with the police officers and some lower ranking FBI agents. 

That day they might have saved the other people but it had sacrificed the life of a 5 year old child, a mother, and a 23 year old woman. They looked straight into his eyes and he saw how they begged for someone to save them.

Hanbin woke up in cold sweat, having another nightmare of that cursed failed day. He went in front of the mirror and saw the scar on his shoulder. He grazed his hand over it, relieving the moment of when he got it. 

Hanbin sighed and went to his wardrobe and changed into an athletic outfit. He did his routine of early jogging up a hill to ease his mind. He needed as much ease into mind as today was also the day of the masquerade.

Hanbin doesn't like talking about what he saw that day, because he had seen all of what happened in front of him, he gave the order to the police officers and triggered the bomber. He was in front of them and he couldn't do anything. He was in a coma for 4 weeks having glass shards taken out of him and having 3 broken and dislocated bones put back into place, he suffered the consequences of the bomb explosion.

 

******

 

Jennie brought in a rack of different kinds of dresses into the room. Chaeyoung brought in the different masks and leg holsters. "Pick your dress, leg holster, and mask. Be ready in one hour top." Jennie immediately went to her room and left them to sort themselves out. Jennie picked a black odyssey gown that revealed one shoulder out and had a cut that left her leg out. Instead of tying her hair up, she just slid a pin into the left side of her hair. The pin was a secret weapon that if you didn't know what it did, it would look like a normal pin but it was secretly a small blade, just for emergencies.

She tied up a black leg holster on her right leg and put a knife in it. Jennie had picked a black mask with golden designs on it. The mask made her eyes even more attractive and noticable. She looked at the mirror to see her over all look and y the time she got out the other girls had already been bickering outside her room.

"Chaeng and Lisa cut it out. Chae get that dark blue and silver mask. It looks better on you than the purple one, Lisa get that dark emerald green." She turned to Jisoo but Jisoo was already all dressed up, in her bloody red spaghetti strap dress and purple mask and was ready to go. She was on her phone seeming to be typing while her brows furrowed.

Jennie walked over to Jisoo to ask what's happening.

"Unnie are you ready?" Jisoo looked up to Jennie.

Jisoo nodded, "Yeah... but there's a problem," Jisoo pulled Jennie to the side away from the noisy duo. "I just talked to Suhyun. She couldn't go today, she injured her leg and arm while training." Suhyun was supposed to be there first to be a guest list bouncer. Her job was to be the one to assist them by telling them who is at the party and what they are wearing.

"," Jennie muttered. "This just made the mission harder on a whole 'nother level."

This is going to make this mission even more challenging.

The bickering died down between the two younger ones and noticed the older ones away from them discussing.

"Is there a problem Jennie unnie?"

"There will be slight change of plans. Suhyun won't be with us during the mission. She injured herself during training and it just made the mission a lot more complicated. Just make sure everything goes as planned tonight, we can't afford a mistake. I'll get the vehicle ready." 

Jennie went out and called their driver already, one of the kwon twins.

"Young Don oppa? Where's Deukie oppa? I thought he was the one driving us today." Jennie had a confused expression etched on her face as she thought the other twin was supposed to be the one driving them to the event. 

"He can't today so I'm covering for him. He has an appointment today, if you know what I mean." The Kwon twins own a dance company as their second job. When they aren't working with Blackpink or any of the Blacklabel people they go to their public jobs. But today it just so happened that Young Deuk has an event to go to, so his twin Dony is the one driving the girls.

"Oh alright, let me just call the girls and we'll be off to go."

Jennie went back inside and called Chaeng, Jisoo, and Lisa out. They all rode in a black Cadelac SUV. "Oppa is this a new car?" 

He looked at them through the rear view mirror. "Yeah it is, I named it Chelsea. Do you like it?" 

The girls nodded and expressed their admirations. 

They got to the address as planned. The mansion was inside a huge gated compound. Dony circled around the huge fountain and parked in front of entrance. The party was already mid swing but people were still arriving in their luxurious vehicles. They could hear the music coming from inside.

Before opening the door and getting out Jennie reminded them of their aliases for the event. 

"Jisoo, Chaeng, and Lisa dictate your alias again. I want to make sure you remember it and don't slip up tonight."

"Lee Jeong Yeon."

"Kim Chun Hee."

"Choi Minyoung."

"Mine is Cheon Ji-Eun, until the mission is over, those will be your identities, under no cicumstance should you be allowed to reveal any truth about yourselves." Jennie had given them their identifications for the event 5 days before so they can get accustomed and won't forget when the time comes that their identities will be asked of them. She made them memorize it.

"If anything goes south rendezvous back to the entrance. Don't forget to radio through your bracelets and earrings. The map is also on this, but use it sparingly as to not make it obvious." Jennie tapped her bracelet in a cryptic like manner as Jisoo instructed them and it showed a holographic screen on the gold bracelet itself. "We all have each other's number on here, including the Kwon twins, Suhyun, and our mom's in case of emergencies. If you get captured, you will need to destroy all evidence of your true identity, got it?" Jisoo had designed the bracelets and earrings they wore to be able to communicate with one another for missions like these.

They nodded and Jennie got out of the car first. Dony had gotten out of the driver's seat to aid them out the car. They muttered a thanks and he informed them that he'll just be in the area and if he is needed just give a call or a signal. 

The mansion was huge and it looked vintage. The walls were still in prime quality though so were the interior designs and art pieces inside. In the entrance they saw Suhyun under disguise also and she nodded at them. They were examined and their belongings were inspected by the security guards. Luckily they did not find anything suspicious, not even the lipstick that would stretch into a baton in her bag.

They dispersed into different parts of the mansion to cover more ground. Everyone seemed to wear a mask, making it deifinitely a hard task locating YG and JYP and the vault. Half of the party goers were dancing with or without respective partners and the other half were wandering about doing their own thing.

Jennie tapped the code on her bracelet and called all of them. "If any of you get a lead on where the safe is contact each other and always go in with back up. Also always make sure nobody is following you,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter