How Do I Look?

A Cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning! This is a long chapter, it may be cringy. Think of this chapter as like a filler chap.

 

Hanbin was very stressed out from his last mission. Whenever a mission went south, he always blamed himself for it. From tackling suicidal missions (also include public bombing, shoot out, etc.), to catching those small drug dealing businesses made him very stressed out, Hanbin has a slight tendency to be a perfectionist. Every after mission he would go have silence and think about how he could have handled the situation better. But just thinking about the cases is making him nervous and stressed over the incoming masquerade. Getting YG, one of the most famous and successful CEOs of all time caught red handed is going to need lots of training.

Hanbin was currently skimming through the files that was placed on his desk when he paused. Somebody had knocked on his door.

"Yes?"

Bobby came in with Jinhwan. "Hanbin," Though Hanbin is their boss, he has instructed his team to never call him sir or an authoritive names. It makes him feel uncomfortable as they all trained together. "It's past 7, we, the boys planned on going to the bar tonight to have let off some stress." 

"If you're going to ask me to go, I am not going. I have some work to do, go on without me." Hanbin went back to looking over the files sent to him. Bobby and Jinhwan looked at each other, something clicking in their minds. Hanbin looked up sensing that they are still there. He saw a gleam in both of their eyes and before he knew it, the two guys stood at either side of him.

Then before he knew it he was being hauled out of his office by the two of them. "Sorry Hanbin, I forgot, we can't take no as answer." They dragged him all the way to the elevator, before they were stopped by Hanbin's boss, Teddy Park.

"Hey Bobby..." Teddy looked from Bobby, to him, to Jinhwan. "Umm wheat are you guys doing to him?" Teddy lifted an eyebrow up, trying to figure out the scenario in front of him. Hanbin sighed and smiled, finally having somebody to stop them from dragging him out.

"We're just going to the bar and having fun. He said no but we are not taking a no as an answer so we have resorted to using force. Sorry, I hope you don't mind." Teddy looked at all of them once again before nodding.

"Alright! Go, he needs to get out of here, I'm tired of seeing him overclocking. Get him drunk, make him have fun if that means dragging him there then do it." With that Teddy left with Hanbin looking like a fish out of the water, gaping at his retreating back.

"But-but-" Bobby and Jinhwan gave him no time to finish what his reasoning was and went in the elevator.

 

******

 

"I hate you guys," Hanbin muttered while getting out of Yunhyeong's car. 

"No you don't. Now Hanbin live a little! Getting shot at every week is fun I guess but it can get tiring, but this..." Bobby showing him the entrance of the bar, "is what fun looks like. Oh and by the way here's your phone and wallet." Bobby gave him his phone amd wallet that Bobby tasked Junhoe to fetch when they dragged Hanbin to the car.

Hanbin pocketed his phone and looked up, the entrance was extravagant. With a big black title, encased in white colors, the name of the bar read ENVY. The purple LED lights on the black wall, gave off a glowing look. The walls were also shiny, the whole place looked exotic and this had Hanbin questioning why the bar was placed on such an eccentric position.

They went inside and the bar was already on a full swing. The bar was seperated into different sections. Where Hanbin was currently standing, was the bar area, there was the dance floor, and them there was also the second floor. This led Hanbin to think that this so call bar wasn't only a bar but also a nightclub, well minus the strippers. The place was huge, there were tables around too.

All of them headed straight for the dance floor except for two.

"So Hanbin, what's got you so stressed these past few days that you didn't even want to come with us?" Jinhwan asked before downing his shot of alcohol.

"Just thinking about ways we could handle situations better, and also the upcoming masquerade. I still have to go through the files on my desk too, which I was doing until you and Bobby happened." 

Jinhwan gestured the barman to hand him another shot. "Hanbin, you know the important thing about our job is if we get the endangered people to safety. Sometimes what we are doing is the best solution to handle the situation."

"I guess but I just can't help it, ever since the case on Kim Myung Soo, I had developed this thing where I always try different ways to handle a situation. I mean Jinhwan, I failed my mission and he killed himself including two women and a child." Hanbin cast his eyes down in guilt, remembering the scene so clearly as if it happened only yesterday.

"Hanbin, first of all that was nearly 3 years ago you didn't know you were fresh out of the academy, and second that wasn't your fault nor your one hundered percent responsibility, your team was nowhere to be found at the time. The police got there first and they had already instigated him, and also he was already too late to save, that his own decision not yours. As for the women and child, they were sacrified yes but we got to save so many others in that mission."

Jinhwan pushed the shot that the bartender gave him. "Maybe going here is what you need, and definitely this shot. So drink up, and cheer up." Jinhwan gave him a wink before standing up and disappearing into the crowds of sweaty dancing people.

Hanbin chuckled, and drank the shot in one go. He felt the sting at the back of his throat but nevertheless it felt good. The sting brought back a memory from his encounter with a certain woman with cat like eyes.

 

******

 

It was the raid of an illegal ion ring. Hanbin had his team and Mino's team cover ground and capture the culprits. Chanwoo and Seungyoon stayed back though as they were backup and were the ones guiding them through the in-ears.  

"Seungyoon and Chanu give me a description of the building. What door do we go into?" 

"Go through the back door, there should be a big black door but there is 3 men guarding it."

Hanbin gave signals to go through the back and round it out and clear the sides before regrouping at the back. Mino's team took the right corner and Hanbin's team took the left. When they knocked out the rest of the guys they were on their way to the back to regroup with Mino's team. But were stopped short by 3 big men armed with guns at the entrance of the backdoor. They have to remain stealthy until they get to the imprisoned inside, but with them having guns, there was no way this would end quietly. 

Hanbin pressed his fingers on his in-ear, "Mino how's it going there on your side?"

"Just finishing up." Hanbin heard a bone breaking in the background and winced. He guessed that was not a limb.

"Alright, get ready there are 3 big men armed with Ak-47s so this might not be a stealth operation anymore." Hanbin replied as he held up his hand and signalled his team to come closer.

 Hanbin instructed them that there might be a change of plans and to shoot if necessary.

Hanbin immediately brought up his gun almost ready to shoot when the three men were suddenly just knocked down. All of them were shocked and had their guns up and formed a circle,having each other's back. 

"In position sir and you're clear." Yunhyeong spoke in his ear. Hanbin let out a sigh of relief, signalled his team to stand down. 

"Next time warn us, but good job." Hanbin proceeded to the entrance no later than a minute they were joined by Mino and his team.

Mino looked at the dead bodies with a confused look. "Hey Hanbin I thought we weren't using guns yet."

"That wasn't me, that was Yunhyeong from south building. He actually gave us more time because they were the armed men I mentioned earlier." MIno nodded and all went over to the door. Donghyuk went first listening in for anything inside before signalling them to get ready to get in. But they heard gunshots and screams inside when nearing the doors and the charged in, only to see four women dressed in black with masks fighting off men twice their size. The girls turned and upon seeing Hanbin's team threw their last blow onto the men they were beating up and ran, leaving the injured men to fight his team. 

"We have to catch them!" Hanbin announced.

"My team has it handled here, go and catch them!" Mino replied, as he landed a punch to the man's abdomen. Hanbin looked over at Mino and both nodded.

"DK, June, and Jinan go left. Bobby you're with me! Move!" Hanbin and Bobby followed suit on the right. 

Hanbin and Bobby had their gun up, it was unually silent. Only the faint shots and screams could be heard from the direction of Mino's team. They both slowly walked, checking corners of the room. Hanbin had turned over a pillar and his gun was knocked off his hands and a punch was landed on his face. Bobby turned to aim his gun but he was disarmed by somebody behind him and got him into a chokehold. Bobby had escaped the chokehold and backed away, the girl in front of him was wearing a mask and her hair was down.

Hanbin felt blood coming down from his nose and the corner of his lips stung. 

The girl did not take her eyes off of Hanbin, when she gave orders to the girl Bobby was fighting. "4D! Go and get them!"

The other girl looked at the girl Hanbin was fighting, giving Bobby the chance to move forward and flip her over. But who was known as 4D, kneed him in the stomach when he was on top of her. "But JK, I can't-"

"The mission 4D, that's more important now go!" 4D did what she was told and ran off through the doors.

"Bobby don't let her get away I got it here! Follow her-" Another punch was thrown at him and it landed on his jaw. Bobby tried coming closer to help but Hanbin stopped him. "I said GO!" Bobby left and ran off after the girl named 4D. Hanbin did a spin kick on the girl landing on her stomach making her inch away. Hanbin squared up as JK manage to stand tall. She let out a scream before charging at him and started throwing punches. Hanbin trying to block all her shots and grabbed her into a choke hold in which she elbowed him, took his arm and flipped him. Hanbin landing on the ground and hissing as the pain seeped through. 

JK squatted near him and looked at his face. Hanbin though jumped up and away from her. "You guys are blackpink."  

Hanbin saw JK smirk as she stood up. "How can you tell?" JK walked around Hanbin as if he wasn't a threat.

"Your gloves, blackpink members always wears those gloves when on missions." Hanbin tried for a punch but JK just pushed him to the side and kicked his back.

"I see you did your research. You're probably thinking why we are here right?" Hanbin didn't answer her and tried to run after the gun, in which JK just swept kick his feet that made him trip, landing on the ground.

"Not so fast pretty boy." JK stepped on his back making Hanbin grunt. "My team needs to get what we're here first." Hanbin flipped over, now on his back, and grabbed her legs making her topple over him. Now in this position he flipped both of them over so that she was under him. 

Hanbin in that confined position stared at her eyes. Her eyes were so cat like, so mesmerizing. JK did the same, she took a good look at his face, but her hands sneaked around him. Hanbin sensing this got out of his trance and held her hands down but JK having a plan in her mind needed to distract him. 

JK unexpectedly grabbed his head and in a swift motion Hanbin felt something soft touch his lips. Hanbin's eyes grew wide, unable to move. He looked in front of him and he saw her face so close to him. But the whole thing was short-lived since the next moment JK had him pushed on the wall and something hooked on his hand. JK stood up with his wallet in her hand. He tried to get up but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter