Mischievous

A Cause
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A black dodge challenger hellcat drove through the streets of Seoul at night. The driver the hidden police sirens on so other cars would let him through. His hand reached for the radio, turning the knob to the right to turn the volume higher. The radio crackled through the speakers and spoke, "suspect in Hongdae, male, looks around the age of mid to late 30s, estimated to be 6ft, is holding a glock 19 and is holding a blonde woman who seems to be in her late 20s captive inside Dunkin Donuts."

The car screeched to a halt, the door swung open and black dress shoes hit the ground. Wearing black khakis, a white button up shirt with black suspenders, he started walking to crowd of red and blue lights and people. 

"I'm sorry sir, you can't be here, this is a closed off area," a man in a police uniform stopped him in his tracks.

He pulled out his ID,  "Agent Kim Hanbin, FBI, this is in my district and in my city." The cop apologized, bowed and let him pass. He bowed in reply and continued his march to the scene. He saw a familiar figure and walked nearer to them. 

"Agent Donghyuk, please give me a run through with the situation here."

"Oh sir you're here. The man inside is named Gong Ji-Cheol, the man is 39. Customers say, he came inside and just acted berserk, screaming and then suddenly pulling out his gun. Most was able to run out but there about 2 or 3 still inside including the blonde woman who was seen to be held captive by him. We already tried to talking to him and all he keeps repeating is he wants his wife. We have called his wife already and she is on her way here. She says that he has a mental issue and is off his meds. They were planning to divorce but according to her, he wouldn't go through with it and she thinks this is the reason why he is acting like this."

Hanbin nodded and proceeded to see the situation himself. Police cars were lined up in front of the building, several police officers and FBI agents were also scattered around the perimeter. 

"I want my wife! If I don't see her in 20 minutes, I will kill her and everyone in here." Hanbin saw that indeed the man was holding a pistol to the crying woman's head. The suspect waved the pistol to the police officers and fired shots making everyone duck. 

"Take it easy Mr. Gong. If you hurt anybody inside it will not end well for you." One of the head police officers announced through the mega phone. 

Hanbin walked up to him. "Agent Kim Hanbin, FBI. How long has this situation been going on?"

"About close to 6 hours," The old police officer said to him.

"How many hostages does he have kept captive?"

"There are 3 inside, two women, and a male cashier." Hanbin nodding to the newly received information.

Another shot was heard. "I want my wife! I want to see her!"

"How long until his wife gets here?"

The officer checked his watch, "About 15 minutes."

The officer held the megaphone close to his mouth to reply to the suspect.

"Mr. Gong step away from Ms. Park."

The man replied with, "I have told you-"

"We need to see everyone unharmed Mr. Gong before you see your wife."

"What? You're gonna shoot me?!" Hanbin can see that the police officer is growing tired of the suspect.

"If you don't abide with our-" The suspect cut him off again.

"You can't see me!" Hanbin upon seeing the situation enough asked the police officer to let him handle it.

"Mr. Gong!" The officer tried to pass him the megaphone but he refused.

"I'm Kim Hanbin, I'd like to help you. Tell me what's going on." Hanbin tried to go for a calmer approach.

"I just wanna talk to my wife!" Hanbin nodded and slowly walked nearer.

"Alright."

The gunman put down the gun a little. "She's the only one!" 

Hanbin, thinking through the situation better realized that his wife won't be here until a few more minutes. 

"I understand. For the moment, is there anything else we can get you." 

"Get these people away!" 

Hanbin looked back to the officer and to Donghyuk. He ordered them to back away but still be on guard. "Back away, but keep the snipers." 

"What if he starts firing? We'll have to storm the place."

"If it's making me nervous, what do you thinking is making him feel? He has no criminal history, he is clearly having an episode. So please just back out the perimeter, including the reporters."

They followed him and backed away the cars and some officers and FBI agents. 

"How am I doing Mr. Gong?" Hanbin saw him stripping and muttered a curse word, "Oh ."

"Can you see me?"

"Yes I can see you."

"What do you see?" Hanbin thought that this guy must've had a serious case of a mental issue.

"I can see that you're ... and that you're shivering." 

Hanbin turned back to the cop. "Where is his wife?"

"Took us 4 hours to find her, but we have her already coming here."

Hanbin furrowed his eyebrows at the information. "You're bringing her here? That's going to give him the opposite reaction. Get her away from him."

Just then a police car parked right next to them. Hanbin immediately went to the car and saw the woman he assumes to be Mr. Gong's wife. "Hi, ma'am, don't get out of the car. Do you understand the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter