Family Is What We Are

Kpop Christmas Advent Fics

SPECIAL EXTRA CHAPTER (1/3)

(There will be two more chapters)

STRAY KIDS

 

Woojin, together with Jeongin, Changbin, Jisung and Hyunjin grew up in an orphanage.

Woojin was the oldest, 10 years old by now. Changbin was 9. Jisung and Hyunjin 7 and Jeongin was 6.

Jeongin was Changbins younger brother while Woojin, Jisung and Hyunjin were cousins. But they were all very close, and have stuck together.

It was Christmas morning and kids got to open the presents. It was nothing luxurious, but the orphanage wasn't that poor, they had enough to buy a toy for each child.

˝Wow look I got an airplane!˝ Jeongin excitedly said opening the box immediately.

˝I got a car ! Cool!˝ Jisung smiled.

˝So did I!˝ Hyunjin grinned opening his box together with Jisung and the two started a car race.

˝Cool I got a note book!˝ Changbin beamed. ˝What did you get Woojinnie?˝ Changbin asked.

˝A book. The Prince and the Pauper.˝ Woojin showed them the book.

˝Will you read it to us at bed time tonight? And every night?˝ Jeongin asked cutely, making it hard for Woojin or any of the boys for that matter to say no to him. EVER.

˝Of course!˝ He ruffled his hair.

Later that day they were on a playground. 4 boys played the football two on two, Woojin and Jisung against Changbin and Hyunjin.

Meanwhile Jeongin was nearby playing with his plane.

Suddenly someone snatched the airplane out of his hands.

˝HEY!˝ He shouted loudly. ˝GIVE IT BACK!˝

˝What kind of a loser still plays with airplaines.˝ He said mockingly and other boy behind him laughed.

˝GIVE IT BACK!˝ Jeongin jumped and jumped but he couldnt reach them. They were older and taller than him.

The boy holding the airplane pushed Jeongin and the poor boy fell back on his .

˝Jeongin!˝ Woojin and others quickly came over to help Jeongin.

˝What do you think you're doing!?˝ Woojin, very angry stood in between Jeongin and the three boys, with Changbin by his side, while Hyunjin and Jisung helped Jeongin up.

˝Oh like you can do anything about it?˝ The boy who pushed Jeongin laughed and before they knew it he threw the airplane on the floor and smashed it with his foot.

Jeongin started crying, which made Woojin and the others even more mad. How dare they make him cry?

˝What did you do that for!?˝ Woojin yelled furiously.

˝Oh, look at the baby, he's crying!˝ Two other boys laughed.

˝What is going on here?˝ A police officer came by and approached them.

˝These two stole our friends' toy and broke it.˝ Woojin explained.

˝Is this true?˝ Policeman asked and two ducked their heads down and nodded.

˝First apologize to this boy and then you'll be coming with me to the station and I'll be calling your parents.˝ He sternly said.

˝We're sorry.˝ They said and bowed.

˝Do you kids need me to call your parents?˝ He asked.

˝No, we live in that orphanage across the street.˝ Woojin replied.

Policeman nodded and gave them a sympathetic smile.

˝Be careful and stay safe, okay kids?˝ He added. ˝Off we go.˝

They all nodded and waved at him.

˝Guys...I...thank you..˝ Jeongin whispered out, his eyes still teary.

˝Oh, Jeonginne, honey, don't worry about it. We're a family and family always protects eachother, okay?˝ Woojin ruffled his hair and gave him a soft smile.

He nodded and they all hugged.

˝Let's go back.˝ Woojin suggested and they all agreed.

˝If I see those guys again I'll kick their butts!˝ Jisung commented confidently.

The others all laughed.

˝Yeah, you were so ready to fight that you started trembling.˝ Hyunjin , making Jisung smack him on the arm.

˝But seriously, kiddo, if anyone bothers you again you have to tell us okay?˝ Changbin added looking at Jeongin who nodded.

˝Kiddo?˝ Woojin raised a brow. ˝You're not that much older then him?˝ He laughed.

˝I'm still older.˝ Changbin pouted.

˝Are you sure?˝ Jisung giggled getting a smack at the back of his head.