CHAPTER 2

Seasonal Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

Seulgi's POV

'I've just finished talking to the parents of the patient from my last operation. Sigh... I just hope Dr. Kim won't get mad at me for taking patients not under my specialization...' I hoped as I got a can of sparkling water from the vending machine.

Paging all doctors under the neurosurgeon, cardiothoracic and the trauma department, please report to the Office of the Chief of Surgery immediately.

'Sigh.. speaking of the devil. Gosh what is it this time?' I rushed my way through the fourth floor where her Office was and the place was packed with fresh and old faces. I scanned the place and I saw Irene standing at the front. 

"Hey" I said, greeting her , going beside her. 

"Hey, Dr. Seulgi, right? Sorry I'm not really that great at remembering names" She giggled

"Yeah, I'm glad you remembered despite not being great at it, we're still good for later right?" I smiled thinking of how innocent and beautiful she is. 

"Yeah! I just need to finish my shift by 6 pm then I'm all good for dinner" 

"okay good, uh... can I get your number? "I said embarrassed at my new found courage. She then got my phone and inputted her number there as 'Bae Joohyun' 

"Bae J---" I was suddenly interrupted by a nudge on my waist

"What did I miss? Oooh, you're hitting on someone again huh, who's that huh? Mind introducing me?" Lisa, a doctor from the Trauma Dept., teasingly says as she wiggle her eyebrows. 

"I'm not hitting on her, I... Just want to get to know her, thats all. Anyways, Irene, this is Lisa. Lisa , Irene" I introduced them to each other while mentally face-palming at how embarrassing Lisa is. They both shake their hands and smiled at one another.

"Don't you have anywhere to be? " I added, obviously irritated at Lisa for disturbing.

"Get to know her huh?" She smirked. " Hey guys! Seulgi has a new girlfriend!~" she cheered and announced while I mentally prepare to dig myself a hole while my soul tries to leave my body at how embarrassing this is.

"SUSH!" I covered while bowing repeatedly to Irene.

" I'm really sorry for my idiot friend, she's really just like this everytime she sees me with someone" still bowing at irene 

She giggled while stopping me from bowing, " Its okay hahahah, you guys are so funny, wendy already warned me about this hahahahaha. Speaking of her, where is wendy by the way?" 

We stopped what we were doing as we looked around .

"Oh there she is. she's with Dr. Kim and... Jisoo...." They both looked at the direction I'm looking at.

"Jisoo?? Wasn't that your ex?" 

"...Yeah.."

"Attention everyone, I've gathered you all here today because we have an important announcement" She announced and then signalled Wendy to continue

"One of the major stockholders of the major stockholders has been admitted to our hospital due to Glioblastoma Multiforme (GBM) as you all know, GBM is very aggressive and will grow and spread rapidly if not treated immediately so we have gathered today to discuss about the surgery to be done next week, leaded by Dr. Kang Seulgi, current attending surgeon and Dr. Bae Joohyun, who has specialized in this type of tumor removals prior to her transfer here from New York. The anesthesiologist in charge of this case would be Dr. Park Sooyoung. On another hand, since we are only few and is lacking in medical stuffs and doctors for the week, some neurologist and cardiothoracic surgeons will be assigned under the trauma department temporarily."

"Another announcement for today is that I'm giving all residents a chance to perform as lead surgeons in specific surgical cases. The one who will do so first will be decided after a thorough assesment. In addition, I would like you all to meet Dr. Kim Jisoo, an addition to the anesthesiology dept. Please treat her well on her first day. That is all. Dismissed. Oh and Dr. Kang please stay, I would like to have a word with you. " The chief said as the crowd around me dispersed. 

"We'll wait for you outside Seul. " Wendy said as she nudged me. 

'Just when I thought I've escaped my cousin's, Dr. Kim Taeyeon's, wrath, Sigh...' I thought as I walked near the Chief's Desk.

"You wanted to talk to me, Dr. Kim?"

"Ah, yes. I've heared you did another surgery not under your specialization again and the patient almost bled to death. Am I right?" She said with disappointment evident on her face. 

"Y-yes" I said as I bowed .

"No matter, the patient was saved anyways. However, as punishment.. " She smirked. " You have to operate on your next operation with Dr. Kim Jisoo as your ane

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter