CHAPTER 1

Seasonal Changes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 1

I'm not a great writer I know, and this may not excite you but the essence of the story is found within the middle of its pages. So please bear with me. And thank you for reading this Fic. And giving it a chance.

It was December when we both met. It was already dark outside and yet the surroundings seems to be still bustling with a lot of people. People clad in white were rushing, several stretchers were screeching and multiple lights are blurring. There were too many things going on and yet out of all the things I needed to focus on, my eyes were only on you. The dark eyed raven. 

Narrator’s PoV

Present Time - Dr. Kang Seulgi's Office, Neurosurgeon.

"Sigh..." Seulgi sighed as she stretched your arms, leaned her head back and stared at the ceiling.

Suddenly flashbacks started to flood her mind, she closed her eyes as she let the past drown her.

Flashback

(2004) 

Seulgi's POV

"Mom! I'll just play outside! with irene unnie! " I shouted, while getting ready. Tying my hair up, fixing my clothes, and making myself look representable.

"Okay Honey! Don't be outside for too long okay?" Mom replied

After hearing mom's response, I immediately got up and run towards the door. I went to where we usually meet. On the bench near the alleyway besides our house. I waited for Irene Unnie, she said she's going to say something to me. I hope it's not one of her antics again. She kept bugging me on giving my clothes to her so that she can iron it because I always have my clothes creased and dirty. There was once a time that she pulled me into their house just to iron my clothes and she even insisted on making me remove my clothes in front of her it was so embarrassing I was blushing the whole time. 

Suddenly a female figure appeared in front of me breaking me out of my trance. 

"Annyeong Hyun-unnie~~" I chirped in delight as I saw her having a can of pringles on her hand.

"Seulgi~" She smiled and and gave me my favourite snack.

I hugged it and made a huge smile

"You're like a fool there you know that? " She said as she pinched my cheeks

"Yah! unnie how can you say that to your favorite dongsaeng" I pouted.

"Yeah right~Anyway, I have something to tell you..." She said. 

I felt nervous on what she was going to say. I looked for her eyes, it seemed different, it seemed sad not her usual bubbly and warm eyes. It didn't radiate of sunlight but of sadness and a bit of loneliness. It was nerve-wrecking staring at her and waiting for what's gonna come next.

"Seulgi-yah~ I know you prefer writing than speaking ... so can you do me a favor? be a writer and become famous. I promise I will read your stories and I will even come to your book signing events! I'll support you to your interviews and I'll even help you come up with a story!" She said still with sadness noticeable in her eyes.

"What's happening unnie? What's with the sudden favor?" I asked.

"It's... We're going away seul... " She said while staring on the ground like it was where my eyes were.

"We're going abroad... so I can be operated... The doctor said if I've undergo operation, I might lose my memories... Everything since I was an infant." She added.

By that time I felt like my world was crushed. It felt like I've lost my world.. She's like the only person I could play with. The only girl I could talk to, comfortably, without stuttering and running away. I dont even have any friends, heck, I even cry when I'm sending my cousins home.

"Operation? W-what?" I said tears already b the lid of my eyes.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you seulgi... But I have Benign Brain Tumour, although it's non-cancerous.. the doctors said that ... I might lose every memory I had... because my tumor was located where my temporal lobe is... "

"Write me a story so I wouldn't forget, those memories we had, those fun times we had... " she added while her tears fell from her eyes. 

That was the first time I've ever saw her cry... I hugged her tight letting go of the pringles she brought me. "hey... Don't cry unnie... you're gonna get ugly and we don't want that right?" I wiped off her tears and added," I'm not gonna let you forget me okay? The moment you come back I'll make sure you read our story" I smiled widely trying to fight back the tears that wanted to escape my eyes.She nodded and sobbed on my shoulders.

I continued to rubbed her back.

"When are you leaving?" I asked

"Tomorrow Seul..." She said

"I want you to be there to send me off.." 

I looked at her pleading with my eyes. " You know I don't want seeing anyone leaving... you know how much of a crybaby I am when I see someone dear to me walking away.." 

"I know Seul... but please? "She pleaded.

"Fine... I'll try and ask Dad to drive me to the Airport when you're going to leave already."I said against my will. 

She smiled slightly and stopped crying. And for the whole day we spent the whole hours with one another, playing badminton, acting like sisters and whatnots, pretending to cook and bake. It was a memorable day for me because I got to do everything I wanted with unnie. But I never knew those feelings wouldn't last long.

Night came and it was already dark. I hugged her tight and told her to sleep well and wait for me tomorrow. She started to walk away while I stayed for a while longer, staring at her back and the stars that lit up the skies. It was a full moon that night. And the moon shone bright on areas which doesn't usually become this beautiful. Delighted at the sight , I started to walk back home. 

It was then that I felt, someone was following me. I was sure it wasn't Joohyun unnie... her steps weren't as heavy as this.. I started walking faster. 

I felt that the person still followed me. He ran, I started picking up my pace and ran too. He caught me and pulled me inside an abandoned(?) computer shop. He pinned me on the wall and sealed my lips with his hand. 

"Shh... Don't talk kid, later you'll be in heaven." He said with a smug smirk on his face

I was terrified of what would happen, I began shaking and trying to lose his grip.

He held me tighter. and slapped my cheeks. Seeing that didn't worked out I started to scream while he undressed me and started kissing my neck down to my collarbone. He was getting more aggressive as he told me. " Scream more kid, no one's gonna hear you , it's already past the curfew..." He whispered as he removed my shirt. 

"You're pretty you know , I would've hit the jackpot if you were with that girl earlier too."

My eyes widen as I thought of Irene-unnie. I tried to force my way out of his grip but it was futile. 

He was about to rip my undergarments when a man and a woman entered the shop.

"Help me!" I shouted even if I knew it wouldn't be understood as the man still had his hand on my lips.

Suddenly the man who entered started chasing the ." You !! what do you think you're doing to that child!!!" 

" !" the  excla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter