CHAPTER 1 : Arranged Marriage

Unspoken Words

Layland, the center of all the nations in the earth. Everything starts here; from highly equip technologies, new discoveries and even trends that has impacted the social life of people around the globe.

A notion of which people from different nations living together in a place of delight. 

It is just an ordinary day for almost all of the people in Layland. Yet there are some who take it as an extraordinary. 

A man running out late for his work. Still having a hang over because of all night partying. He woke up receiving a threatening call from a co-worker that their boss will kill him if he won't make it after fifteen minutes. He got up from a stranger's bed. Without looking back, he dressed himself and took his car keys before leaving. 

Thanks to his Bentley Continental, he arrived in a span of ten minutes. He is seeing media scatterred around his workplace.  

He works as a chef under the most ideal restaurant in Layland defeating those fancy's around. 

Now he remembers, they won't be having an ordinary operation today. The security is more tight to eye nosy people outside. This happens everytime there's a VIP customer. 

Currently, it is Kim Seo-jin, WGM's Founder/Chairman, and his family occupying one of their special rooms

"I can't believe I'll be marrying a man I don't even know..." says Yura, daughter of Seo-jin.

"honey, you already know him, he's your childhood friend..." says her mother while busy tasting the braso de mercedes which was served a head of the main course.

"I know him before, not the him of today mom..." She leans against her chair, crossed her arm, frowning and pouting. 

Yura was at the age of 10 when she last saw this man whom she'll be married with. And since it was a long time ago, there are only a few things she do remember. 

They always play prince and princess on her tree house which was build by her father, when she insisted that she wants to have her own castle. 

With their innocent minds, they even protested to their parents that they wanted to get married with each other when they grow up. And who would have thought it is happening soon?

In Yura's memory, they're unseparable.

But one day, he didn't show up to play with her. She was a lonely princess on her tree house hoping his prince will come. 

Her parents explain the reason of his absence and all she did was crying. What was the reason again? She can't remember at all. 

"wel, you have the chance to meet the him of today but you always say you have busy schedules honey..." 

'Of course I am busy. I have to prepare for our next comeback. I have no time to waste.' She is sulking. 

"you see...he is a good man and grew up with good looks too..." smiling widely to her daughter. 

"as if you know my ideal man mom..." 

"of course honey, you're my daughter..." Her mother returning its focus into eating.

"that's my point mom, you should be on my side. How can you let your daughter marry someone she doesn't love. For all I could remember, you always bragged us about that..." Yura trying her best to awaken her mother's conscience, if she do have it. 

Her mother didn't say anything but instead, took a deep breath and hold her daughter's hand while squeezing it.

Yura might not hear any response verbally but she can easily read her mother's facial expression with 'I'm always on your side, but please understand...' expression.

"mom, if this is because of those issues concerning me. Please. I can take care of it by myself..." Yura knows her parents are the most affected by it.

SeoJin and Ji didn't actually care about Yura's identity being exposed because they didn't hide it at the first place. It just so happens that their older son is more hot to the eye of the media because of him taking the company in the near future.

Yet accusing their daughter in using Seo Jin's shade to get the fame she has right now is something that caught their attention. 

People don't know the real story. 

They are aware of her wanting to become an actress. Seo Jin even offered her an easy way to get it. 

Heaven knows how painful it was when Yura left home to pursue her dreams on her own. She still contacts them but barely. This urged Seo Jin to hire someone to give updates about their daughter without the subject's knowledge. He tried not to help at all cause and he is proud about the outcome. His daughter is now a famous idol of her generation.

The next issue hop in and it became not tolerable anymore. They've made a move.

The wedding is somewhat part of it. But still, with or without the issue, it is still going to happen. 

The bond that Seo-Jin and Yura's future father-in-law is a strong one. They'd promise to marry off their children one day. 

But due to Seo Jin's son marrying early in such a young age, the promise to marry off their older children passes to their younger ones. 

It became possible after hearing their children protesting to get married. They are young at that time, but a promise is not meant to be broken. They pushed it through.

Ji, her mother, also believes that her daughter will live happily with him so she agreed to it. She even visits a fortune teller to read her daughter's fortune with this man and her belief didn't fail her. 

She is a believer for once she also used it for her own and her, being with Seo Jin is a proof she strongly holds.

"honey, fix your self... they're here..." her mother instructed after getting a news from the waiter that her husband had arrived with their special guest.

Against her will, Yura made a deep sigh before seating properly and started picking up the fork, tasting the roasted angus beef belly. 

Good thing meat is there to somehow lessen her from getting more annoyed.

In just a few minutes, Seo Jin entered the room apologizing for being late because of their postponed flight.

Mr. Kim fetched their guest  personally. Wel after all, they're no other than Yura's future husband and in-laws.

"hello Ji, long time no see my friend!"

"Jin my friend! It's good to see you again..."

Yura stood up from her seat and greeted them to pay her respect.

"oh! you must be Ah-Young!! wow, you grew up as a very pretty lady..."

"thank you auntie..."

"oh, no need to call me auntie anymore, mommy Jin would be great!" 

From the moment Yura landed her eyes into that woman named Jin, she started to see fragments from her mind. The woman is very sweet when she speaks from before and even today. There is also a time where she scolds her own son because of Yura crying so hard. Yet, the reason is still not appearing to any of Yura's memories.

"so! where is my future son-in-law?" Ji asked.

Jin make a slightly turn to her side attempting to introduce her son but he is not there.

"yeobo... where is our son? he's just behind us a while ago..." 

The concerned people from that room left unaware of the sudden situation, all wondering where he had gone. 

Yura on the other hand is busy calling all the saints she knew on her mind. She is praying with a high hope that they're the same, not wanting this arranged marriage so he ran far, far away when had the chance. The little vigil ended almost half an hour. The man they are looking for is arriving. 

She is sulking. Her fork she unknowingly holds fell and landed on the carpeted floor. No one noticed it except for Ji-woo. She gave a strong gaze to her daughter eyeing her to pick up the fork with a matching 'Behave yourself' look on it.

Yura bit her lower lip to prevent her teary eyes from producing tears. She can't accept the fact that her prayers didn't reached the saints. Thinking maybe she should have prayed louder and not just on her minds. She slowly bends to pick up the fork. 

Meanwhile, her husband to be finally arrived. He introduces himself to everyone with a few words of his reasonings.

Yura goes back to her seating position and found herself being stared at. She took a quick gaze with those people shyly until someone's eyes caught hers and made her whole body shivers then frozed. 

Even the fork she just picked up just a few seconds ago is already on the carpeted floor, again.

"Ah Young-ah... it's been a while."