Chapter 10: Epilogue

Secret Meeting

 

 

The week after the event was quite an emotional rollercoaster for Seulgi, but she never once regretted going through with it.   At first, there were a few negative articles, especially in some of the more traditional media, as well as some hate posts in social media, but as the week progressed, more and more supportive articles appeared, and the loyal fans started rallying and burying the negative comments and posts with support and positivity.   At some point, the security camera pictures got published on Twitter, but instead of causing controversy, the fans rallied in support, and even found out the IP address of the person responsible, who was then promptly arrested.

Seulgi realized it was easier for some of them than others, and she did feel bad that Sana and Eunha had the hardest time, but even for them things turned around after the other members of their groups came out strongly in support during of them during a joint Twice Gfriend live event.    For Mamamoo, it actually ended up increasing their popularity, and Seulgi was moved when Hwasa proudly thanked her girlfriend Wheein for all her support when she won her third award for Twit, to loud applause from their mostly female fanbase. Sunmi and her fans also seemed totally unphased by the new normal, and for Red Velvet, things were for the most part unchanged.  A few old fashioned or overly obsessive male fans may have left, but more of the open minded fans of Mamamoo and Sunmi filled in the gaps.

Seulgi herself was overwhelmed by all the supportive messages she had gotten, and laughed a bit to herself thinking how worried she had been that this would all go wrong.  Sure, she had received some hate, and that always hurt, but it was more than outweighed by the positive messages that still brought her to tears at times a week later. She feltl lucky to have what seemed like the most loving and supporting fans out there, and was spending a lot of time trying to answer as many of the messages as possible personally.   

The sunset was reflecting on the dark blue ocean as Seulgi walked down the seemingly endless white sand beach. She was still a bit tired from having taken an early flight earlier that day, but Sunmi was walking next to her, holding her hand firmly, so she didn’t really care.   As they stopped, and turned to look into each other’s eyes, Seulgi felt happier than she could remember. “Is this really happening, Sunmi?” she couldn’t help saying, realizing this was almost exactly like that dream she had a few weeks earlier. “Yes, Seulgi-ah, it is, and I can’t imagine it any other way. In fact, I hope it never ends, so..”  Sunmi stopped and grabbed something out of her bag and handed it to Seulgi. Seulgi laughed when she noticed it was the rubber ducky from the Gashina video. “Aww cute”, Seulgi said, “but what.. “ She stopped mid sentence and covered with her hand as she noticed a ring attached to the head of the ducky like a tiara. Sunmi gave her a big mischievous smile before grabbing the hand holding the ducky and removing the ring and continuing:  “Seulgi-ah, will you marry me?” Overwhelmed with emotion, all Seulgi could do was nod, her head spinning thinking about how that one secret meeting was changing her life forever yet again.