Chapter 1: The Way There

Secret Meeting

 

Her heart was beating fast, almost painfully, as she pressed herself against the cold brick wall of the dark alley.. She knew this was a bad idea.. but she also knew it was something she had to do. In her mind, the sensation of the brunette’s gentle kiss on her cheek during an innocent selfie had seared itself into her mind, the warmth still seemingly lingering even now..  She just needed to know if that feeling it felt like they shared during those moments, when their eyes locked just a bit longer than expected, was a wishful dream or something real.

It had been a challenge to avoid the fans and paparazzi that tended to lurk outside her apartment building, but she had noticed the kitchen back door led to an ally that wound it’s way into the safe obscurity of the bustling city.  That, combined with her black face mask and baseball cap had allowed her to blend in with bustling crowds of youth and tourists in Hongdae.. she had smiled to herself thinking what they would have said if they had recognized her, but was also relieved they didn’t know.  People were already having fun speculating and shipping them, the last thing she needed was to fuel that fire further. She had always tried to hide her true feelings when they were in the same place with cameras rolling, but the brunette was so darn charming it was hard to always keep the emotions in check.  But lost in thought she had found herself in the alley behind her building

Firmly grasping the two keys the brunette had slipped into her hand the last time they met, the blonde carefully made her way down the alley, towards the nondescript service entrance. Fumbling with the keys for what seemed like forever in the cold November night, she felt the door finally open, and quickly made her way inside. The pounding of her heart was making her light headed, but she pushed on, down the dimly lit basement hallway, to the bank of elevators. Once inside, she pushed “17” while inadvertently biting her lip, knowing that in just a few minutes she would be face to face with her again.

The blonde, lost in thought, flinched as the elevator doors suddenly slid open.  Clasping her chest, while looking furtively both ways, she quickly made her way to apartment 242, slid in the key in and carefully opened the door. With a last look back, she took a deep breath and snuck inside.  As she made her way down the darkened hallway, she suddenly noticed a hand shoot out from the darkness and cover , muffling her inadvertent yelp. “Be very very quiet” a voice said, before breaking into a soft giggle. The familiar voice and scent of the brunette’s perfume made the blonde realize it was her,  and she felt her tensed muscle relax again briefly, before tightening again as she realized she was actually feeling the pressure and warmth of the brunette’s palm against her lips.