College

Twisted Beyond Repair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiwon smiled looking at all the money he had saved till the day. He had graduated from high school, thankfully, and managed to get a place in a local college, pursuing his one and only dream that he realized he ever had; Music and Arts.

It was all thanks to Yunhyeong after all, for managing to bring some sense into him in order to graduate together and pursuing their dreams respectively.

They studied together everyday and Jiwon had dinner together with Yunhyeong's family, almost everyday, that he also became close to Yunhyeong's brother, Chanwoo.

All the more reasons Jiwon knew he had all owes to this family. He got to feel how a family was like, he got to feel the love from a mother would give to her children, though he was obviously only a stranger to that family.

But all of them were full of warmth. Just like Yunhyeong.

Snapping himself out of it, he packed all of his stuff, clothes and everything into the luggages with an excited smile. After that, he quickly came out of his room in the house belonged to his uncle, bringing all the luggages.

He stopped abruptly as he noticed his uncle in the living room.

His uncle glared at him as he approached the younger, "Where the hell do you think you are going with all these bags?"

"I'm going to college," he simply answered and took a step before his uncle grabbed his arm harshly, "Do you take me for a fool?" He scoffed, "What college would you go during this time? It is night for 's sake!"

"It's none of your business," Jiwon let his arm off the other and walked away without giving a glance at all to the back.

His uncle scoffed again at his bravery and snarled, "Okay, let's see how far can you go. ."

Jiwon swallowed his saliva down, as he persuaded himself that he was determined to escape from the house at last.

He walked and walked with the luggages without knowing the direction, but he didn't care at all. He would survive anyhow.

As he felt exhausted and drowsy, he decided to take a break near a closed shop. It was almost midnight anyway, so he just had to call it a day.

He put the luggage as the pillow and took a nap. Just a short nap, he said.

Until.

He suddenly heard a honk so he opened his eyes in shock. 

His eyebrows furrowed as his field of vision caught a... Police car in front of him.

There was an officer coming out of the car and walked cautiously toward him.

"Hello?"

Jiwon politely bowed at him as he got up. The officer asked with a soft smile, "Young man, why are you here alone? With all these bags? Are you going somewhere?"

Jiwon faked a laugh, "Ah, I... I actually..."

"You wouldn't say that you ran away from home, right?" The officer said with a wink, "But then, there are lots of stuff you carried with you, so it's quite unreasonable to think that."

"It's pretty much like what you thought, but it is not my home, so I didn't really run away from home. But rather, escaping the place."

He couldn't even believe that he actually was being honest to the officer that he had just met. 

"I see," the officer sent him a few soothing pats on his shoulder, "I'm Goo Ja Cheol by the way."

"Kim Jiwon."

Mr Goo glanced at the police car and asked, "Do you need a ride anyway?"

Jiwon looked at the car and quickly shook his head, "Ah, it's fine. You don't have to do that to me."

Mr Goo gave him a fatherly smile, "I also have a son, probably around your age. And I wouldn't want to see him sleeping at a place like this."

Jiwon quietly sighed, "But I actually don't know where to go. I... I don't have any... Decent family left."

The officer smiled again, "You can stay overnight at my home then."

Jiwon was losing for words at the officer who was practically a stranger to him yet he would offer a place to sleep to him.

He looked up to see the older's eyes and formed a small smile as he knew it was a sincere gaze.

"Alright then."

"Great decision, boy," he felt so relieved, "I would have to return the car first, and then, you will hop on my own car."

He helped the younger to bring all the bags into the car and as Jiwon got into the car, he noticed a young boy, probably a few years younger than him, sleeping on the seat beside the driver's.

As the officer started driving, he proceeded to ask, "Is this your so-called son?"

Mr Goo nodded with a small laugh, "Yeah, how old are you, boy?"

"19."

"I see. Then, my son is two years younger than you."

He is the same age as Donghyuk.

You guys would probably be good friends later."

Jiwon chuckled anyway softly with the remark.

How can he make friends, he even had Yunhyeong as his one and only friend at school.

Jiwon tried to see the officer's son's face and smiled without him realizing.

"He is handsome. Though it's pretty dark here, I can see he owns such nice and masculine features on his face."

Mr Goo proudly laughed, "He takes after me, don't you think so?"

Jiwon chuckled at the cute attempt of humor.

"Thank you, Sir. I really have no idea how can I repay you for the hospitality you would provide me, without any doubt in your face."

"It's fine, Jiwon. As long as you are healthy and safe, that would be enough to repay me."

Jiwon felt so contented and looked again at the officer's son, thinking of how peaceful he looked while sleeping.

He still thought the other was very handsome, though.

 

The next day, Jiwon excused himself as he needed to go to the college. It was a short but meaningful stay at the officer's home, though he didn't get to meet properly with the handsome son, but still, he felt a new feeling of having a father's love this time.

Arriving at the college, he met with his roommates, named Hanbin and Jinhwan. The two were so kind and cheerful, it felt so surreal to meet them. He was very relieved that he met the two here. He really hoped the college life would be better.

 

 

The first semester was completed peacefully. Jiwon had no idea he would be able to experience life very carefree and happy like this, together with Hanbin and Jinhwan, pursuing their dreams together there.

Jiwon managed to rent a room with the two near the college as the second semester would not provide dormitory for the students.

It was okay, as he still would be able to stay with his precious two friends together, or he would be alone again.

That day, Jinhwan and Hanbin went to the library while Jiwon was busy writing some new lyrics in the room. 

He stopped writing as he somehow remembered Yunhyeong.

God, he really missed the guy.

He hadn't even contacted him at all.

He wondered if Yunhyeong pursued his dream to be a doctor, like he wanted all along or what.

He buried his face into the paper as he sighed.

He really missed Yunhyeong.

Slowly, he took his phone and tried to call Yunhyeong, when the doorbell suddenly rang.

He looked at his watch, sighing as it hasn't been that long since his roommates left and wondered if Jinhwan or Hanbin forgot to bring the room keys or what.

He was very confused.

He didn't even expect any guest anyway.

With a nervous mind, he unlocked the door and opened it. As the door slided open, he finally saw the unwanted figure that he never wanted to see anymore.

"U- uncle...?"

His uncle smirked, "Found ya."

 

 

"Where are you taking me?!" He asked frantically as he tried to let go of his uncle's tight grasp against him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter