Contacts

Twisted Beyond Repair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yunhyeong was still absent from school. 

Jiwon sighed as he looked at Yunhyeong's desk.

He missed the other's presence so ing much. Realizing how pathetic he felt, he slammed his head down the table.

It was empty anyway. The classrom.

All of the students already left school. It was 4 in the evening. No one would want to stay at school at this time. Especially when tomorrow was weekend.

Jiwon lifted his head and looked back at Yunhyeong's desk at the front not far from his own and only then noticed contact lens case inside the storage section of the desk.

He cautiously went to Yunhyeong's desk and stealthily took the lens case. He eyed two initials written on the case with a very curious feeling.

Y D

And naturally, the contact case was put inside his pocket.

 

A few days after that when weekend was over. 

 

Jiwon only looked at Yunhyeong who tried his best to act like usual despite himself just losing his father. He kept smiling at Jiwon whenever their eyes made contact and it tortured Jiwon. Tremendously.

As he kept at nights while thinking about Yunhyeong's tears.

And here that person, kept gifting pretty smiles toward him.

I want to hurt him and make him cry. I want to see that beautiful tears on his sparkling eyes again. But. If he ever rejects me, it will probably hurt.. me.

It ing tortured him.

The thought that Yunhyeong might reject him, and avoid him instead, and break the friendship that was barely built between them.

He just wanted to brush those thoughts away.

Then, the bell rang notifying the students that it was recess time. 

Jiwon also looked back at Yunhyeong's seat as he was snapped out of it. However, Yunhyeong was not at his seat. The other students began hurrying out of the class, leaving him and a few others who were probably studying instead.

He pressed his lips together, thinking it would be better like this after all. Yunhyeong should stop hanging out with him at the rooftop.

Or he would go crazy, beyond his control, he didn't know anymore.

Therefore, he stepped out of the class to go to the rooftop like usual before he heard students' whispers among them.

"Isn't that Daisy from junior class with our Yunhyeong?"

"Where?"

"There, at the garden."

Jiwon's eyes automatically directed toward the direction where Yunhyeong was sitting together with Daisy on the bench at the garden.

Jiwon only watched with a blank mind though his heart was broken into pieces. He saw how Yunhyeong's eyes sparkled when Daisy ate the packed food, probably the ones he cooked again.

That should have been me, he couldn't help thinking.

Jiwon glanced at the people gossiping about it which turning out to be Yunhyeong's own group of friends.

"He's very lucky, that brat. Daisy is very cute, though," one of them remarked with a silly laughter.

Jiwon gave a last empty look at the two before advancing to the rooftop with a broken pieces of his own heart.

I need to stitch them up back later. 

 

 

The next day during recess, before Jiwon got out of the class to head to the rooftop, Yunhyeong grabbed his hand lightly to say, "Wait for me."

Jiwon nodded and waited there when Yunhyeong took out his lunchbox, as expected, and formed a soft smile before gesturing Jiwon to go on.

 

"Are you going out with Daisy?" Jiwon casually asked him while eating spagetty brought by the other.

Yunhyeong flashed a flustered smile and replied with, "I... Don't know," he shot a look at Jiwon to ask with sincere eyes, "What do you think..?"

Jiwon showed his brightest grin, which of course, fake.

"You totally should!" He presented a thumbs up as a following gesture, "Your friends seem very jealous that you got a very cute girl like her to date~"

"Is... That so?"

Jiwon quickly nodded.

If you say so, Jiwon. I was... Actually waiting for you to tell me not to date her. But I was wrong.

"I thought you would spend your time with her now."

Yunhyeong smiled blandly, "I would, but when I think about it more, I would rather spend time with you."

It actually managed to make Jiwon's hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter