I'm Sorry

The Mafia's Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't leave this room okay?" Baekhyun caressed her face one last time before he left for the party without realising that Wendy was there watching them all along.

"Dammit" Wendy hissed as she folded her fists in anger.
She walked up to the closed door and gave it a knock once Baekhyun was out of sight.

"Who's this?" Yumi asked from the bed she was lying on.

"It's me Wendy, please open up"

"Wendy?" hearing her cousin's name, Yumi smiled. She got up and walked over to the door, and as she tried to open it, she suddenly remembered what Baekhyun warned her about.

Oh no, he told me not to open the door to anyone. Yumi thought and slowly she withdrew her hand.

"I'm sorry Wendy, but I'm not allowed to open the door you. Baekhyun warned me not to open it to anyone. But tell me, how are you and the baby doing? Is Jongin taking good care of you?"

What a wolf! just a few days ago this room was mine, and now she's saying that she can't open up, . Wendy rolled her eyes.

"Don't worry, we are fine ... I'm leaving." Wendy left in anger without waiting to hear what the latter was about to say.

I will make sure no harm comes to my mother, no matter what it takes. 

"Okay Wendy, please take care of yourself and the baby." Yumi smiled when she noticed that her cousin was gone, and she went back to bed.

I wonder why Wendy is upset. I guess she had a fight with Jongin. Yumi couldn't help to wonder, but after all she smiled and slowly laid on the bed.

Wendy left the mansion, took a taxi and drove off and at the same time she tried to reach her Mom, and luckily she was able to call her.

"Hello, Mom. It's me Wendy please wait ...  where are you? don't move I'm coming" She informed the driver to drive a bit fast as she couldn't wait to see her mother.

One hour later and Wendy arrived at her Mother's hideout.
Rushing out from the car, she hugged her mother who gave her a motherly smile.

"Mom are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

"Not at all, child. But why are you here?" Mrs. Son asked.

"I'm sorry Mom for causing you so much trouble. I should have listened to you and married Baekhyun instead of making a wrong choice." Wendy looked away in anger, "Jongin showed Baekhyun the CCTV camera, and now he wants to kill you."

"Dammit. This is not good . This is all Yumi's fault, and she planned it all."

"No Mom, Yumi was just trying to help me and make me happy. She had no bad intentions, but I'm still regretting leaving Baekhyun, this would never have happened if I just got married to him and everyone would have been happy." Wendy sat next to her mother with a heavy sigh.

Good. This is the perfect time to include and use Wendy to get rid of that lowlife fool since she's having a change of mind. 

She smiled and caressed her child's cheeks.

"You're so innocent, Wendy. I know Yumi more than you do, and I overheard her talking to someone on the phone earlier, saying that her plan of getting the Byun name and getting rid of you is finally a success. She's not as innocent as she looks."

On hearing her mother's words, Wendy was shocked, it was so difficult to believe what her mother was saying.

"What? Mom did you really hear her say that?"

"Yes child, that's why I planned to kill her before she kills you, but Jongin ruined the plan because he's working hand in hand with your so-called dear cousin Yumi."

"No!" Wendy yelled in annoyance and slammed her fist against the wall. "I can't believe this. I will make them pay for using me all this time "

"But you're pregnant with Jongin's child, what are you going to do about it?" 

Wendy turned to her mother with a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"I mean you should get rid of it immediately."

"No Mom, this child is innocent, it's my blood, and I'm not going to abort it."

"Then they will use it against you and you won't be able to get Baekhyun back."

"Leave that to me Mom, I have a better plan in mind," Wendy smirked.

 

***************

 

The party was officially over, but Baekhyun had to stay back to discuss business with some of the well-known men he had invited. He suddenly thought about Yumi, and immediately postponed the meeting and left the living room to his bedroom. He pushed the door open and walked into the room only to see his wife fast asleep.

Baekhyun sighed out in relief on seeing the latter safe and sound.

"She's so obedient." The Mafia smiled. He kept his gun, changed into pajamas and laid right next to Yumi.

"After all, she did nothing wrong. She only saved her cousin" The Mafia reached out his right hand and caressed the sleeping girl's hair till she blinked her eyes open.

"Sir you're back?"

"No, I'm still at the party dancing with you."

Yumi glanced around the room, and she noticed that Baekhyun was on the bed with her.

"I'm sorry Sir." Yumi quickly sat up, but Baekhyun pulled her back into the bed.

"Why are you apologizing? I asked you to sleep in my room, after all, you're all mine." Baekhyun chuckled. "Go to sleep okay?" He muttered.

"Okay." Yumi relaxed on the bed, soon, Baekhyun was fast asleep too but her phone vibrated, making her sit back up. She picked up the phone and there she saw tons of messages with her parents' pictures which she kept in her apartment outside the mansion.

"What's happening, what's all this ?" Yumi fearfully got out of the bed. She wanted to inform Baekhyun, but she saw how tired he was, so she left the room and rushed out of the mansion to the apartment to get all that belongs to her late parents, but the door was suddenly shut behind her the very moment she stepped into the room.

"Who's there?" Yumi asked but got no response. She quickly collected all her parents' belongings and put them in a bag. Rushing over to the closed door, she tried to push it open, but it was locked from the outside.

Yumi t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter