Not so Heartless.

The Mafia's Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun made a dashing entering into his company and there he saw a crowd of reporters blocking Yumi's way.

Without saying a word, Baekhyun walked pass the crowd getting immediately noticed by everyone and  they moved away.

Baekhyun is the last person they want to mess with.

"Fools. Staying longer would have provided you with more news for your damn curious minds." Baekhyun grabbed Yumi by the hand and pulled her along to his office.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Baekhyun yelled as he stepped into his office. He pushed his wife really hard that she hit her back against the wall.

"What on earth made you take a taxi ? Are you out of your mind ? Are you trying to destroy my reputation ? Everything I worked so hard for ?"

"Why are you getting angry at me when you're the one who forbid me from using your car?" Yumi asked in a low tone while looking at the floor. She was confused and scared, so she avoided any eye contact.

On hearing the question the girl asked, Baekhyun was now provoked.

"Once again, the slave dares to speak back when I clearly didn't ask her to" Baekhyun muttered to Yumi with a short sarcastic chuckle escaping his lips.

"Sir I know I'm nothing but a slave, but it's not proper to keep quiet when I know that I'm not wrong-"

"Shut up Yumi. I command you to never speak when I'm speaking." The Mafia squeezed Yumi's jaw in annoyance as he stared straight into her eyes.

"Speak again and I will kill you this instant. You're my slave and you will only speak when I ask you to. Get it?"

Yumi quickly nod in response with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Now get lost and get to work, I don't want to see you anywhere around me today."

"Yes, Sir." Yumi picked up her bag and rushed over to her office.
 

Getting to her office, Yumi shut her door behind herself violently. She fell on her knees and sobbed.

  What did I do wrong? Why does Baekhyun hate me so much? He asked me not to use any of his cars, and now he's hurting me. What did I do? Yumi sobbed with her hands covering to suppress the noises, but the door to her office was suddenly pushed open revealing a masked man with a knife.   ❇❇❇❇❇
Baekhyun walked over to his chair and sat down. He stared at the door while thinking about something.   "What is really going on here? I mean Yumi wasn't lying right now, but then who the hell called those reporters, and who asked Yumi to come over to the company with a taxi ?" Baekhyun asked no one in particular. He grabbed his laptop and switched over to the security cameras implanted in his mansion, and there he saw Yumi and MinSeo, and he heard their conversion.

"What is wrong with Minseo? What does she really want?" Baekhyun closed his laptop and left for his meeting, but a small frightened figure ran into him with a shivering body, and the Mafia could feel it.

"Seems you're really blind" Baekhyun questioned without looking at the scared female.

"I'm so sorry Sir." Yumi stepped away from Baekhyun and ran off.

"Was that Yumi? Why was she scared as if someone is chasing her ?" Baekhyun muttered. He looked at Yumi running off, and he just turned around and left because he can't afford to be late, it's just not his thing.


"What do you want from me? Please let me go." Yumi kept on running till she got to a dead stop. She looked at the man with terror evident in her eyes. She was so scared that only tears began to stream down her eyes.

"Where are you going to run now Byun Yumi?" The man in black asked as he stepped closer to her with a gun in his hand.

"Please let me go. I don't know what's going on at all, there must be a misunderstanding." Yumi fell on her knees while pleading for her life.

"No Yumi, you don't have to beg because it will be over soon." The man walked closer to Yumi with the gun pointed towards her stomach.
"I don't think so," Baekhyun said coldly and, he swiftly pulled Yumi to his chest and shot the man in the arm before he could make any move.

"Who sent you after my wife ?" The Mafia asked with anger evident in his words, but the man only made things worse as he started laughing.

"Kill me, but you will never get a word out of me."

"Okay" Baekhyun smirked and shot the man right on his forehead, killing him instantly. Baekhyun reached for his phone in the back of his pocket and called his bodyguards over and they arrived in no time.   "Boss we're here."   "Take this body away and get rid of it" Baekhyun instructed.   "Yes, boss." The men said in unison. They carried the body and exited the company to get the job done with.
The continuous sobs of the scared girl brought Baekhyun's attention to Yumi.

"Are you hurt ?" Baekhyun asked as he cupped Yumi cheeks in his hands, but the later simply shook her head and ran off to the meeting. She was all shivering and scared after witnessing all that happened in front of her and she didn't want to stay because she had no idea what Baekhyun might do. She still recalled his words about not seeing her face for the day. Who knows what he'll do. 

Baekhyun turned his attention back to the window, looking at the dead man his bodyguards were taking away, and he didn't notice the blood dripping out of Yumi's ribs.

Yumi got to the meeting in so much pain, but still, she managed to set the projector and placed the mapped out plan she worked on for the best interest of the company.

She was feeling weak and dizzy due to a large amount of blood she has lost, but due to the evil looks she saw in Baekhyun's eyes and the way he coldly  ended someone's life, got her extremely scared, so she preferred to remain quiet and endure the pain.

She was done setting everything and she begen her explanation when Baekhyun was fully seated.

Yumi's vocals were not stable as well as her movements. She was struggling to make it through till the end, but Baekhyun noticed it quite immediately.

"Yumi come closer" He said firmly.

On hearing the CEO's words, Yumi fearfully stared at Baekhyun, and the Mafia noticed the look of fear and discomfort in her eyes.

"Never mind" Baekhyun got up and walked over to her. He looked at her for a few seconds, and suddenly, he carried his wife in bridal style.

"If you don't mind, please excuse us" With that being said, Baekhyun walked away without minding what the other directors will have to say.

"Damn" Kris hissed at the sight "What is Baekhyun trying to prove? Does he think that he can do what he wants because we're at his company and his wife is super beautiful and hot?" 
"Are you jealous Kris?" Yixing asked with a chuckle following.

"Hey advocate I really don't need to hear you speak to me right now or I might jus-"

"Just do what huh ?" Yixing asked as he slammed his fist on the table.

"I'm a Mafia too, and I hope you know what I can do if you provoke me. I advice you to think twice before speaking." Yixing grabbed his phone and left the meeting r
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter