The Twist.

The Mafia's Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please read the author's note and see the good news I have for you all if only you do comment and upvote this fic. Thank you all and enjoy reading.

 

“Baby what's wrong? You look really pale. What's wrong with you?” Jongin asked.

Wendy didn't say much but slowly walked up to her lover.

“Jongin I need to tell you something very important,” Wendy said with fear written all over her face.

"I need to tell you something very important Jongin." Wendy leaned closer to her boyfriend. She got a hold of Jongin's hand and placed it on her stomach.

"I'm pregnant with your child Jongin. A month pregnant."

On hearing what Wendy just said Jongin became shocked and angry at the same time. He just couldn't believe that Wendy kept it away from him all along.

"Why didn't you talk to me about it the very moment you start seeing changes? Why did you keep me in the dark?" Jongin felt bad seeing his lover having to go through her condition all alone.

"I'm so sorry Jongin. I was scared that you might want to fight for our right and lives, thereby losing yours. I'm sorry Jongin." Wendy rests her head on Jongin's chest and bites hard on her bottom lips, trying to suppress the pains she has been going through for the past few hours.

"Are you okay baby?" Jongin asked on noticing his lover's sudden behavior.

Wendy gently looked up at Jongin and shook her head indicating that she's not okay.

"No, I'm not okay. I've been in pain for the past two hours. My waist and lower abdomen hurt so much."

"Please wait, let me get my jacket and take you to the hospital immediately". Jongin left in a hurry with Wendy to the hospital since Baekhyun was having his beauty sleep, but unknown to either of them that MinSeo was watching them from the entrance to their door.

"Wow, wow, wow." MinSeo chuckled with an evil smirk on her lips.

"So these low lives are having an affair behind Baekhyun's back and Wendy is even pregnant." She shook her head in joy with evil plans running through her mind. "Wait and see how I'll expose you dirty low lives to Baekhyun and I will be so glad to have you all dead. Minseo chuckled and walked away.

 

❇❇❇❇❇



Yumi was up early the following morning. She had her breakfast and was fully ready to start her first day in the office.

Yumi stepped out of her room and went to the main mansion to meet up with Baekhyun.

"Good morning Sir." Yumi bowed on seeing Baekhyun.

"Morning Yumi. Are you ready?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Great." Baekhyun connected Dean with his eyes to get his bags and files, and immediately Dean did as he was told.



The drive to the company was silent and Yumi's heart was filled with fear. She just couldn't believe that she's actually sitting next to Byun Baekhyun the heartless man alive. This was way beyond her wildest dream or nightmare.

"Relax Yumi. You look tensed." The Mafia said while looking at Yumi.

"I'm sorry Sir." Yumi tightened her grip on her mini skirt as her heart was racing in fear.

The mafia boss said nothing, he turned back his attention to whatever he was looking at.


Getting to the company, Baekhyun led Yumi to her office. He asked his secretary to show Yumi through the whole thing and after that, he trailed off to attend to other things.

 

Yumi sighed deeply when Baekhyun was finally out of her sight. She walked over to her table and sat down, and in no time she started working on the pending files.

 

❇❇❇❇❇

Wendy got up with much difficulty and went to have her morning shower.
 

"Are you okay?" Jackson her older brother asked.

"No, I don't feel well at all." Wendy trailed off to the bathroom and there she threw up everything she had last night.

Jackson sighed and rushed over to his Mom and informed her about Wendy's illness.

Mrs. Son, on the other hand, went straight to the bathroom and saw Wendy sitting on the toilet seat, looking so pale and weak.

"Wendy are you okay?" She rushed over to her and hugged her.

"I guess I'm having a little fever nothing too serious." Wendy lied about her pregnancy and covered it up with fever.

"I will call the maids to clean up this mess."

"No Mom, please ask Jongin to clean it up."

"Okay." Mrs. Son left in a hurry and called for Jongin to clean up the mess.

Wendy was still sitting on the toilet seat when suddenly the door was pushed open, revealing a very worried Jongin.

"Baby are you okay?" Jongin rushed over to Wendy and gently caressed her face before pulling her into his chest.

"Why don't we tell the whole family the truth so that I can take proper care of you and our baby."

"No Jongin. I don't want to lose you because of this. I know Baekhyun and what he's capable of doing. Please don't you ever think of telling him anything."

"But you're suffering. You need proper care and I can't even do that. Wait here let me clear this mess, and I will be the one to give you a proper bath okay?" Jongin kissed Wendy and started cleaning the whole mess, but deep down he was so worried about his lover and their child.


Baekhyun had introduced Yumi as his personal assistant to his boards of directors. They were fully seated awaiting the other parties who are also interested in getting the contract in which Baekhyun really really wants at any cost.

 

After a few minutes, the other parties arrived and Baekhyun officially started the meeting right after everybody had arrived. Baekhyun personally asked Yumi to speak in his stead to observe her capabilities, and truly Yumi did beyond perfection that the contract was given to the Byun industries right away.

"Sir we got the contract!" Yumi smiled at Baekhyun.

"Yes. We did get the contract. Thank you, Yumi." Baekhyun pats her head and walked away.

To Yumi's greatest surprise, Baekhyun did compliment her for their victory. It was indeed a thing of a shock to her, but she was also glad that she was able to be useful to her Master.


"Hello, Mr. Byun." Kris smiled. "It seems you've got yourself an angel to manipulate the contractors right?"


"You can put it that way, Kris." Baekhyun chuckled and trailed off leaving his greatest competitor standing all by himself full of shame and anger, and Baekhyun really couldn't care less.

"You can laugh all you want Mr. Byun, but I can assure you that you will regret this," Kris smirked and left the company with so much anger.

 

❇❇❇❇❇



"Baby I'm home!" Baekhyun called out to Wendy in excitement the moment he got home, but he couldn't see Wendy anywhere, only his aunt.

"MinSeo where is Wendy?"

"She's sleeping. I guess she's mad at you for delaying the wedding." MinSeo lied just to make sure she executes her well mapped out plan.

"Really? I will make it up to her and fix the wedding to be this Saturday." Baekhyun promised. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter