COV – 03

The Mafia's Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello sweeties, sorry for the super slow update few things happened recently and I was just trying to get my stand again. I hope you're all doing well though?

I just have a few things to address immediately, like the saying; Better late than never.

1) Please do not demand updates mostly when you don't drop comments or even an upvote. I have a life outside AFF as well. My PM is full of users demanding updates on this fic. I understand you all, but please try to understand me as well.

2) Encourage me by dropping feedback, or if you're too shy, then at least give the fic an upvote.

3) Keep me motivated by upvoting this fic, I will forever be grateful for that, trust me.

 

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

 

Chapter 3 of COV begins now.

 

Yumi didn't see this coming. No, she never saw this coming. Their marriage was only two years old and now it's all coming to an end in a matter of months. How will she disclose this to Baekhyun? What about little Jesse? What's going to happen to them. Yumi let her thoughts ran wide without noticing Yixing's phone calls.

"Yumi, are you okay?" Yixing asked and this time around he shook Yumi by the shoulder to get her full attention. Yixing knows very well what Yumi is going through, and he knows how hard it is for her to chose between her baby's life and her life.

"What...?" Yumi asked as she looked at Yixing, unknown to her that she was already in tears.

"Please, Yumi, don't cry. You have to be strong through this. You can always have another child once you're fully treated, so please I beg you to terminate this child for the sake of yourself and your family, please."

Yumi looked at Yixing as he said what he has to say, but her heart was already fixed. She can't kill her baby, not for her own life, she will never do so, rather she will bring her innocent child into the world and leave.

"I will keep the child." Yumi said firmly, "I will keep this child and bring it into this world, that's my final decision and I don't want Baekhyun to know about this or anyone else. I want this to be between you and me, please."

"What?" Yixing asked in surprise as he just couldn't believe what he just heard. "You want to keep this child and put your life at risk? What are you saying? What about Baekhyun and your son Jesse, how will they feel when they come to know about this choice of yours?"

"I will handle everything Yixing, please just do this for me, please." Yumi pleaded with more tears streaming down her cheeks.

Yixing was left with no other choice than to give in to what Yumi wants. Moreover, it's Yumi's choice and decision after all.

"Okay Yumi, I will do this for you, but just know that this is risky. However, I know of someone who can help, his name is Siwon. I will let him know about your condition, and he might help you out and I'm sure he will be of great help to you." Yixing said and led Yumi out of the room.

 

Baekhyun smiled upon seeing Yumi, and he quickly hugged her once they came out of the 

"Yumi are you okay? Yixing told me that you're over-stressing yourself and it's affecting you and the baby. Please don't stress yourself, please."

"I won't." Yumi smiled and hugged Baekhyun, trying so hard to fight back her tears from falling, but she failed to when he saw her son smiling at her. At that moment she knew that her life was gradually coming to an end. The more the child grow the fast she gets closer to her end.

"Mom, why are you crying? Are you hurt?"

"No, not at all. I'm just happy that's all." Yumi smiled and hugged her child. She was so scared and at the same time happy about her unborn child.

Getting home, Yumi made her way into the bedroom and laid on the bed as she felt so dizzy and weak all of a sudden. This was the same feeling she has been experiencing for the past month, but now that she's aware of her health sickness, Yumi wasn't that surprising anymore. She laid sideways thinking about her happy moments with her family. Her parents, Baekhyun's parents, Baekhyun, and her son Jesse.

Yumi wiped off her tears and try to keep her mind straight, but she just couldn't. It was so painful knowing what awaits her.

 

"Yumi why are you crying? Are you hurt?" Baekhyun who just walked into the room asked. He sat down beside Yumi and caressed her cheeks. "Please tell me."

"It's nothing Baekhyun, I'm just feeling a bit tired, that's all. Don't worry about a thing." Yumi lied and just like always she covers her pain with a smile, picturing everything to be okay whereas nothing is okay.

"Yumi are you sure? I don't know, but I feel something bad is about to happen—" Baekhyun was cut off, his words as loud as a gunshot.

Getting up quickly, Baekhyun rushed towards the window and there he saw her, Ema. Standing outing his mansion alongside her men surrounding the whole area.

"What's going on?" Yumi asked with a shaking voice. She was scared and Jesse was in the living room watching his favorite cartoon all alone.

"What's going on?!" Yumi yelled at Baekhyun for the very first time and the latter was shocked. Never had he seen Yumi so agitated before, but right now, what he just saw was a different Yumi.

"Calm down Yumi. It's Ema and her men, they've just surrounded our house. But please do not fear, I will always be with you and Jesse."

"Then where is Jesse right now? Please go and get him here first." Yumi pleaded and as  Baekhyun took off, Yumi let her tears fall like a water fountain. She never meant to shout at Baekhyun, but what can she do? Baekhyun's love for her is driving her crazy and she can't watch Baekhyun suffer after her death. She wants Baekhyun to be happy even when she's no more, and to achieve that, she must make Baekhyun develop hatred towards her and that's the only way she can do that.

Yumi quickly grabbed her phone and called the police officer and informed him about the current situation.

 

Luckily the police officer happens to be around the area, and he quickly made just a single phone call, and in a matter of minutes, the Park's mansion was now surrounded by the police, shooting and taking down Ema's men while Yumi stood by the window smiling calmly.

"You did this? You called the police?" Baekhyun asked in an angry tone while looking at Yumi.

 

"Yes, I did. I called the police officer and informed him about what's going on. Do you have a problem with that?" Yumi asked, looking at Baekhyun in the eyes.

 

"Yes babe, I do have a problem with that. You know me too well, I don't like to get involved with anything concerning the police, I have people for that, why didn't you let me handle things  my way?"

 

"That's because I don't want you to get back to being a Mafia. I want you to be a father that will be able to take care of Jesse and our little child when it's born. I want you to be a good father to our little children and give them all the love that I won't be able to give them. I want you to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter