Forgiveness.

The Mafia's Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Irene?”  Sehun called in shock, fear evident in his eyes. Without wasting any more time, Sehun rushed Irene to the hospital.

 

8 years old Sam sat all alone in the waiting section looking at the passerby. He was battling with tears as he bit his bottom lip trying to suppress the tears that are threatening to fall from his eyes. He felt as if he was the cause of everything that is happening to his Mom and the guilt of thinking about it was hurting his heart so badly so he let his tears fall.

 

“Hello, son why are you crying?” Sehun asked before sitting beside the child who looked at him with sadness written all over his face.

“Uncle my Mom is so sick, is she going to be alright?” Sam asked looking at Sehun with hopes in his eyes.

 

“Yes.” Sehun smiled. “Your Mom will surely be alright in no time, but for now she needs to rest, so don't worry yourself too much.” Sehun caressed the boy's cheeks and wiped the tears off his face. Sehun kept on looking at the little boy with so many thoughts going on in his mind. He couldn't bear the pain he felt by just seeing the boy crying so much, and he moved, even closer to Sam and sat closer to him. Maybe he should know more about the little boy.

 

“Son what's your name and how old are you?” Sehun asked caressing the boy's hair softly.

“My name is Sam and I'm eight years old.”

“Aww, you're so sweet and so brave. Now you don't worry because your Mom will be alright, okay? But for now, let's get you something to eat so that you will be strong to take care of your Mom when she's awake. So what do you say?”

“Okay uncle, I will go with you.”

“Great.” Sehun smiled. He held the boy by the hand and led him to the nearest restaurant.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

 

Yumi was busy in the kitchen doing the dishes when she heard Baekhyun calling out her name from the living room. She quickly dropped what she was doing and ran straight to the living room.

 

“Baby, why are you running so fast on the stairs? Have you forgotten that you're pregnant?” Baekhyun asked while running over to hold his wife.

“I'm sorry, but I heard you calling so I came running over.” Yumi pout before looking away.

 

Baekhyun felt bad for raising his voice at Yumi and the next thing to do was to apologize immediately. “I'm sorry my love, please forgive me for yelling?” The Mafia pulled Yumi closer to his chest and kissed her tempo.

“I called because I have news regarding your parents since I decided to go deep into the matter so I asked my men to search for your parents. Last night my men called and informed me that their bodies were never found which could only mean one thing, so I asked them to investigate more and also informed the police about the matter from five years ago accident and immediately it was done.

 

“Please wait Baekhyun, I want to get something clear, please.” Yumi cut in, trying to get the point of what's happening. She pulled away from Baekhyun's body and sat on the couch because her feet are becoming wobbling all of a sudden due to what she heard about her parents.

 

“Please Baekhyun what is going on? What are you trying to say about my parents missing body?” Yumi asked with tears falling from her eyes.

Baekhyun saw the falling tears and he felt hurt. He shouldn't have let Yumi know about the whole event, but then he was trying to avoid a room for blame and questions from Yumi if she hears it from another person just like last time.

 

Baekhyun walked over to Yumi whose eyes are still on him and he sat beside her. “Please don't cry. You know seeing you cry breaks my heart and besides it's not okay for your health and the baby's, so please don't get upset and cry please.”

 

“Okay, I won't cry but please tell me what's going on with my parents what are you trying to say?”

“That they're still alive, but held captive by someone who knows us so so well.”

 

“What?” Yumi's face went suddenly pale. Her parents are still alive but also suffering for the past five years. “What do you mean? How did you know?”

“The investigation the police made about them was proven right as most people said that they were seen around a particular area a few days before my men discovered that your parents are still alive.”

 

“Oh my God!” Yumi cried out. Her body shaking terribly and she just couldn't control her emotions at the moment, but good thing Baekhyun was there by her side and he pulled her to his chest and embraced her as he kissed her tempo gently.

 

“Please calm down Yumi and believe in what I'm about to say.”

On that note, Yumi lifted up her eyes to look at Baekhyun in the eyes with hopes. “I've always believed in you and what you say, so right now I will surely believe in you.”

Baekhyun smiled on hearing the words Yumi had just said, and at that point, he could pull down the highest mountain just by knowing that his wife so much believes in him.

“Yumi I will bring back your parents and end this whole issue once and for all, either I'm dead or alive.”

“No please, I want you to stay alive and strong for me and your son, please.” Yumi threw herself on the Mafia's body and hugged him. “Please you must  stay alive with me and our baby, promise me that.”

“I promise my love, I will stay alive for you and our baby,” Baekhyun promised and kissed Yumi's hair.

✳✳✳✳✳✳✳✳

Irene blinked her eyes open and stared into a blank space, trying to adjust to the unfamiliar room. She saw a man writing something down, and beside her was a lady who seems to be dressing her wounds.

“Where am I?” Irene asked with shaking voice, eyes filled with horror and fear.

The man turned over to her and smiled immediately. “She's awake, please bring the drip right away.” The man said to the lady without replying to Irene’s previous question.

Irene became even more scared when she saw that the man wasn't ready to answer her question. She got up from the bed to ran out of the room, but the familiar sweater lying on the chair beside her bed brought her back to her rightful mind.

“Sam?” She rushes over to the chair and grabbed the sweater. “Sam! Where is my son Sam? Please, can someone tell me where Sam is, please!” Irene cried out hugging the sweater to her chest crying bitterly.

“Please relax, you're not yet strong for this stress you're putting yourself through right now.”

“How can you ask me to relax when I can't even find my baby. Where is Sam?!” Irene screamed with tears falling from her eyes.

“I'm here Mom.” The little boy said rather quickly.

“Sam?” Irene turned to her son while smiling calmly. “My baby, my life please come to me.” Irene opened her hand and the little boy ran into her embrace.

“My son.” Irene sobbed while caressing Sam's hair. She pulled away from the hug and rained kisses all over the boy's face before hugging him again. “Please don't ever wander off without my permission. I thought they have also gotten a hold of you as well. I was so scared my son, I don't want to lose you.”

“And you won't lose him.” Sehun cut in with a firm voice. “I will protect you, both of you.”

Irene gasped on hearing the familiar voice. She quickly looked up to the taller man and a gasp left his throat again.

“You again?”

“Yes Irene, me.” Sehun smiled. He looked at the nurse and doctor and bowed to them an apology. “Please carry on with the drip, she needs it.”

“Okay Mr. Sehun, I will do just that.” The doctor said and gently fixed the drip on Irene's body, but she didn't move or made any sound as if it was hurting her, and Sehun became shocked. The Irene he knew will be crying and screaming by now because the slight of a needle can make her pass out, but here she is taking in the needle into her veins without a single cry.

"Strange. This Irene is so much different from my Irene. What is going on?’ Sehun inwardly asked himself.

“We will leave now.” The doctor bowed and left with the nurse.

“Mom are you okay? Are you feeling any pain?” Sam asked while caressing Irene’s face with his small hands.

“Don't worry about me, your Mom is a very strong woman, and I can take care of myself. Now come and sleep with me here and rest your head on my laps.”

“No Mom, I can't sleep right now because I saw that wicked uncle that slapped you the last time he came to our house standing outside, he was asking some people about you, and he even asked this nice uncle over here and I quickly hid behind the table.”

“What?” Irene gasped in fear and Sehun was just looking at her, trying to get a hold on what's really going on.

Irene turned over to look at Sehun with horror written all over her eyes. “Did you tell him that I'm here?” She asked with tears pooling in her eyes.

“Yes, I did. Why?”

“What? You Did? And you're asking me why? !” Irene sighed and got up immediately. She was about pulling the drip out of her hand when Sehun stopped her by holding her hand.

“I'm not a fool to disclose the safety and whereabouts of my lover to some stranger. I was just kidding.”

Irene looked at the taller in the eyes and tears fell from her eyes.

“You're still making jokes about everything, this was why I left you.” She muttered and Sehun heard all she said.

Sehun reached out his hand to Irene's face and wiped off the tears from her cheeks. He was about to say a word when he looked out through the window and he saw the same man who asked him about Irene a few minutes ago outside the hospital walking into the hospital.

“Oh , It seems the same man is coming.”

“What?” Irene turned over to the window and gasped in fear. “Oh God, he will surely kill my son and me.” Irene quickly bent over to carry her son, but the pains in her body restricted her from doing so.

“I will carry him, but please wait here.” Sehun rushed out of the room and went to the head doctor Dara who is his and Baekhyun's best friend. He informed her about everything, and luckily Dara agreed and went with Sehun to the room.

 

“Come,  Irene,” Sehun said and carried her in bridal style with the drip around his shoulders while Dara carried Sam and helped them out through the back door.

“Please drive gently Sehun, remember that Irene is still so weak at this point, and please make sure you have a proper discussion with her because her body is really beyond my knowledge. I will come by to your house first thing tomorrow morning, okay?”

“Okay. Thank you so much, I will never forget this huge favor you have done for me.” Sehun waved Dara goodbye and drove off.

Throughout the drive Irene was quiet. She was always looking at Sehun through the mirror and then as her son Sam and tears fell from her eyes.

“Mom please don't cry, this nice uncle here have promised to take proper care of the two of us, so please stop crying.” Sam kissed Irene’s cheeks and hugged her.

“I love you so much my son, I can't leave without you, my baby.”

“I love you too Mom.”

 

Getting home to his own personal mansion, Sehun stopped the car in his garage. He came out and carried a sleeping Sam from Irene’s hand, she didn't even complain or resist him from touching her son.

“Can you walk?” Sehun asked and Irene nodded. She also stepped down from the car and Sehun quickly supported her by wrapped his free hand around her waist while she held the drip in her own hands.

Once they entered the huge living room, Sehun sat Irene on the sofa and carried Sam to one of the empty rooms upstairs and laid him down. He made sure that Sam was well relaxed and he left the room to the living room to take care of Irene.

“Irene can you walk up the stairs, or should I carry you?”

“Don't touch me Sehun, I can walk by myself thanks.” She got up from the sofa, but soon fell back to the sofa and a scream of pain left her lips.

“Are you okay?” Sehun asked caressing her face, but the lady shook her head at Sehun's question.

“Don't ask me such question Sehun, I hate you so much.”

“But why? What have I done to deserve such hatred from you, please tell me.”

“Why did you plant the drugs in Baekhyun’s bag? I thought you were good friends, but why did you do it?”

Sehun's heart dropped on hearing what Irene had just asked. He felt his heart beating so fast with guilt and regret. He thought about his dead friend Baekhyun and his wife Yumi who is also missing and his heart sank greatly. He wished he never did all his past actions, he wished he could take back time and stopped Baekhyun from going on that trip.

“I have nothing I can say to justify my wrong and wicked deeds, and I know I deserve to be punished for all I did, but please forgive me.”

“Forgiveness? Are you asking for forgiveness? Why did you do it? What on earth made you do it?” Irene asked as she looked at Sehun in the eyes.

“Because he lied about not knowing about where-” Sehun suddenly stopped talking and stared at Irene. He was busying explaining things to Irene who kept asking him about what happened between himself and Baekhyun whereas she wasn't even present in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter