Chapter 4

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum paced slowly around his office, regretting that he allowed Crescent so much time to think. He hated waiting around and especially in this case, the feeling was unbearable. He sighed. Even now, he couldn’t understand how last night turned out the way it did. If witchcraft was real, it wouldn’t surprise him if a spell or two were involved. He was just going to meet Crescent, but instead proposes, not to mention his actions before he left. He was so wrapped up in his own thoughts that he did not hear the knock on the door.
“You majesty. May I enter?” His secretary’s voice came in.

“Come in.”
“I just have these documents that the UK just sent in, could you have a look at them?”

“Certainly.” He said glad for a distraction.

But his moment of peace was disturbed by the announcement that the dowager queen is requesting an audience.

Jaebum smiled as his mother entered the room, as much as his mother made is life just a bit more difficult, he could tell it was out of love and he loved her for it.

“Mother.” he says as he helped her to her seat.

“Don’t ‘mother’ me! Tell me about your meeting!”

Jaebum had been reluctant to mention the fact that he had technically proposed to a person he knew for less than 5 minutes. He rubs the nape of his neck, he felt an unnatural creep of warm spreading to his cheeks.

“You like her!” His mother jumps up gleefully. “I knew you would.”

“I do not.” Jaebum insists coldly, but his mother gives him a look that makes him sigh. “I like her eyes.”

“I hear that she is quite the beauty.”

“Maybe… I didn’t notice much.”

“Except her eyes?” His mother teased.

Jaebum could not deny it as it was accurate. He even as he closed his eyes he still sees her beautiful eyes.

“So…?” her mother asks, wanting to know the most important part.

“So?” Jaebum responds not knowing what his mother was referring to.

“Did you propose!?” She says shaking her head at her clueless son.

“I did.” He said feeling that uncomfortable blush creeping up his collar again.

“I knew you would! What did she say?” Her mother says.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter