Chapter 19

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum was being distant, Even if he acted the same around her; Crescent could sense that his soul was somewhere else. He treats her like a fragile piece of ice which would melt and disappear at any second. Even she tried to soothe him; he was still wracked with guilt, guilt of putting them in this situation and guilt that he could not bear to make her leave him. But this was Crescents own choice, she wanted to try.

She had one week to prepare and as time passed she was slowly starting to realize she was not exactly prepared for the Forest of Fears. The people who have survived previously were great fighters and skilled in many different forms of combat and survival. She couldn’t bring herself to ask Jaebum to help her; she knew he was still wracking his brains to find a way to get rid of this old tradition. Crescent found herself trying to train with the palace guards, looking from afar trying to follow along with their routines.

“You know you can just go and ask the instructor to join right?”

Crescent spun around from her spot to see Jinyoung casually leaning on a nearby tree.

‘I don’t want to bother them.” Crescent says shyly as if she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar.

“Don’t worry, I found you a good teacher.” Jinyoung grins.

“Who!”

“Yours Truly! I will help you.”

At first Crescent wasn’t too sure, but Jinyoung was a good teacher. He pushed her but also knew her limits very quickly. Just after one day, she fell into her bed, her muscles already starting to ache, but it was the first time since the news she felt hopeful.

“I didn’t see you around all day.” Jaebum commented.

“Jinyoung was teaching me some defensive moves.”

Jaebum narrowed his eyes but said nothing. Both cursing Jinyoung for doing something Jaebum should be doing, and yet being thankful that Jinyoung was helping Crescent.

Jaebum found himself wandering to where Crescent said she was practicing for the last week as he got closer he could hear the sound of metal clashing. The two figures of Jinyoung and Crescent came to view. Jaebum watch as Crescent’s muscles straining under the weight of the sword. She gets a few good hits but before Jaebum could warn her, She twists her wrist and the blade sliced her palm as she reflexively tried to grab her sword again. Jaebum watched as bright red blood drips onto the floor as Jinyoung rushes to her side. Jaebum leaves quickly, not wanting to see Crescent get hur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter