Chapter 2

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crescent squints her eyes trying to make sure the she got the brush was just right. Satisfied with her work she put down her paintbrush and looked through her box of solvents looking for the right one. She finds the right one but sighs when the bottle is empty.

 

“Gerald, do you know if I have any more of this solvent?” She asks holding up the bottle.

Gerald, the butler, looks up and shakes his head, “I think we’re all out, miss. Do you want to send someone to get more?”

“Yes please! I’ll need several bottles for this painting.”

“Which painting are you restoring this time?” Crescent’s father asks as he walks into the room.

“The one with the moon.”

“I see.” He father nods, vaguely remember the painting being sent in. “But unfortunately that will have to wait for tomorrow, I need to have these letters sent out as soon as possible.”

Crescent frowns, “I was hoping to receive it today.”

“Maybe you should go to the market, get some fresh air.” Her father suggests.

‘That’s so convincing coming from you!” Crescent huffs.

 

Her father had locked himself inside their home since her mother died when she was 5. Her memories from that time were few and vague. She knew that her mother was kind and generous, and her father laughed brightly as the three of them would go out on outings together. Crescent does not remember her mother getting ill, but she remembered the funeral clearly, her father clutching onto her tightly as tears streamed down his cheek. That was the last time her father left the house. His father got a team to manage the family business. Despite becoming a complete recluse, their family was still respected by the court and King, and conducted his official duties through letter, like the one her was going to send now.

 

Crescent never went out of the mansion much either. She had spent most of her life inside. Various tutors would come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter