Chapter 18

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaebum slammed his hands on the table so hard that the ministers near him jumped in surprise.

“No way in hell!” He yelled.

“By Sire, it is a long standing tradition of Blythe!”

“Screw tradition! There is no way I am sending Crescent to her death!”

“That is not our intention, Sire; it is a long standing tradition for non-royals who are marrying into the royal family to undergo this test.”

“You are sending her to the Forest. Tell me how many people go in the forest and how many have survived?” Jaebum said with sneer.

“Five, Sire.” the minister replies in a soft voice. “Five out of the eight hundred people that have ever entered the Forest.”

“How is that not sending her to her death?”

None of the ministers speak.

“I refuse; I am ending this stupid tradition.”

“My apologies Sire, but this is not something you can decide on your own the ministers must vote.”

“I am with His Majesty; I think this tradition is dangerous and unnecessary.” Jinyoung says.

“Who else votes in favor of abolishing this stupid test.” Jaebum says looking at the minister who avoid his eyes, but firmly keep their hands down.

“My apologies, but I and many of the minister believe that it is a fair test. All the Queens and Kings who have survived the Forest all went on to become great leaders, it is the only way that Miss Crescent can prove her capabilities.”

“To the hell with that!” Jaebum spat, but it was not use.

 

Crescent could tell that there was something going on with Jaebum, he seemed distracted and distant. “Is everything alight?”

Jaebum just sighs as he rubs his temples. “I am so sorry.”

“Sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter