Chapter 16

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crescent wander around carefully, Jaebum had asked her to come see him in his office today when she had some time. What she didn’t consider was that he was not in his office when she got there and the secretary was kind enough to inform him that he was currently in a meeting with the ministers and took her to the meeting room. The door was slightly ajar, but she wasn’t sure how to proceed. Normally guards or someone would be there to announce her presence, but strangely there was not a single soul except for her and the sectary had quickly ran away. She just decided to wait outside, hoping the meeting would not take too long, bit of the discussion filtered out of the open door.

“I heard the Prince has been singing praises of her.”

“Even the officials from other countries gave her good remarks.”

“Your Majesty I think it is time to official introduce her as the future queen of Blythe and announce the wedding.”

Hearing this Crescent’s heat beat spread up, a burst of adrenaline and excitement burst through her veins. It scared her that she would now have more responsibilities but she knew that Jaebum would help her.

“No. I refuse.”

Crescent gasped, she couldn’t breathe, and the world becomes numb, the world falling apart around her. What did he mean? She didn’t care about being Queen, but she cared about being with him. All the moments that they spent together flashed through her mind, what did those moments mean? Crescent’s feet started to move before her mind was able to comprehend what she wanted to do; her footsteps could not carry her away fast enough from here.

Once she stepped out of the palace gates, she was finally able to draw in a breathe deeply, but even doing so hurt, everything hurt and she felt a single tear slide down her face and in that moment she realized how stupid she was. She loved him. How could she fall in love with someone who didn’t love her back?

She didn’t have any places to go and she really just wanted to curl up and hide from the world in a place where she couldn’t be found. She looked up and found that she somehow wandered to the one place that would always welcome her. She pushed open the door with a key she knew was hidden under a specific rock in the garden. She smiled sad smile when she saw a finally say a familiar albeit shocked face of her father.

Her father took one look at her tear stained face and pulled his daughter into the cradle of his arms, murmurs soft offerings of comfort.

It was late evening when she saw them as she sat in her bedroom with her legs drawn up. It was raining but she could make out the figure of with what looked like the palace guards. They knocked an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter