Chapter 15

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Please come back to visit anytime you would like to.” Prince Mark says as they bid their farewells.

“Thank you for your hospitality.” Jaebum says shaking his hand.

‘If you ever leave Jaebum, I’ll be waiting.” Mark says with a smile to show he was joking but Jaebum wasn’t so sure that he was joking. To be safe he ushered Crescent into the car and closed the door behind her.

By the time they returned to Blythe it was already well into the night and the two of them was exhausted. Even so Jaebum made sure she got into her room safely first before heading to his room next door. Crescent got ready, eager to just fall into her bed and sleep. To her surprises, despite her tiredness, she couldn’t fall asleep. The bed felt too big, cold but most importantly empty. She laughed at her silliness, she had gotten used to Jaebum’s presence next her so quickly. It felt so normal and comforting now. She tossed around so more before giving up resigned to the fact that she wouldn’t be sleeping very well tonight, or for the next few nights at all when there was a knock on the separated the two rooms.

“It’s open.” She says curiously as she sits up.

Jaebum opens the door, his eyes half closed, “I can’t sleep without you next to me.” He says. Crescent automatically moves over on the bed, and Jaebum takes this as permission and climbs in the bed next to her. “Good night.” he says as if it this was the most normal thing in the world. Crescent smiled a little, she found his behavior cute, almost child-like, but she would never tell him that. She lied back down and Jaebum’s arms reached out and pulled her close. Maybe it was because he was exhausted but Crescent was all too aware that Jaebum had never did this before, but she did not mind, in fact she felt as if she was in the safest place in the world and there was nowhere else she would rather be.

Crescent woke up when she felt a slight movement, she tried to get up but a pair of arms just tightened around her.

“Sleep some more.” Jaebum says softly and the reached to brush the hair away from her face.

“But I’m not sleepy anymore.” She says despite still yawning while making a mental note that Jaebum had still not let her go, not that she minded.

“You know, this is the first time I truly felt thankful that I am King.” Jaebum says suddenly as he played with a strand of her hair.

“Why? There are a lot of great things about being king. Why wouldn’t you want to be king?”

Jaebum shakes his head, “I never wanted to be king.” he says stretching his arms but returns to his original position. “But I am glad it meant that I got to meet you.”

Crescent walked down the familiar hallway with her supplies, a spring in her step with the improvement of their relationship. She found herself finding it harder and harder to define what exactly their relationship is. Since the start, she knew that she was to wed Jaebum, but ever since then the topic had not come up again. It was not that she was in a hurry, or she needed a label. She was content with the ways things were.

She  was painting when she heard her name being called.

“Jinyoung.” She greeted, happy to see a familiar face.

“Long time no see! How have you been?” Jinyoung says politely.

Cre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter