Chapter 13

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crescent watched as Jaebum crouched down to play with one of the cats in the courtyard. She smiled as he gently scratched the cat behind the ear with a big smile on his face.
“Can I ask you something?”

“Of course anything.” Jaebum says still playing with the cat. ‘I have nothing to hide from you.”

“I heard something about princess summer coming to Blythe a few years ago…” Crescent starts but before she was even able to finish her questions Jaebum stood up the cat walking away.

“Don’t let people put ideas in your head; it is nothing to concern yourself over.”

Crescent’s heart clenched, was it really nothing? “It doesn’t sound like nothing...”

Jaebum shook his head a sigh, “Crescent…”

“I guess you there are thing that you can’t tell me about after all.” Crescent says softly before turning and running back into the palace.

Jaebum sighed, every time he saw Crescent, she would avoid him running in the opposite direction. He could have easily ran after her and caught up with her, but he didn’t feel that he could, his careless words obviously hurt her without him intending to. As much as it hurt him that she was upset with him, he did not have much time to dwell on it, as celebrations were starting, starting with a duel with representatives from both countries.

Jaebum sheathed his sword, his mind still on Crescent, he could almost imagine her concerned face while she wished him good luck, and she won’t even look at him. Even if this was a friendly duel, it didn’t mean it didn’t have its risks.

Jaebum entered the ring, to greet his opponent; it didn’t surprise him to see the Prince, as the King was of old age now. Jaebum’s eyes scanned the crowd, searching for her face. The exchanged a brief handshake before taking their positions. The sound of the crowds cheering was deafening but he strained his ears to isolate her voice even though he knew it was impossible. Prince Mark strikes first and Jaebum easily blocks it.

“You’re going easy on me.” Mark says as he grunts as he strikes again.
Jaebum doesn’t reply as he easily blocks the strike and strikes back and makes contact.

“That’s more like it; I want this to be a fair fight.” Mark says as he says.

Crescent watched as the swords gleamed in the sunlight, she had never seen Jaebum move like t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter