Chapter 11

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You ready?” Jaebum asks as he opens the door after a brief knock.

“I am.” Crescent says as she actually is still trying to put all her solvents into their travel box.
“You know we can just buy these over there too.” Jaebum says, but still crouches down and hands Crescent the bottle.

“But I like these ones.”

They finish up sooner thanks to Jaebum’s help. He helps her carry it downstairs and load it up in the car and Jaebum then held open the passenger seat for her, a brief moment of confusion passes over her face but she does as Jaebum wants and gets it, he then jogs over to the driver’s side and gets in.

“You’re driving?”

“Who else is going to?” Jaebum chuckled as if it was the most normal thing for the king to be driving himself. ‘The driver had already left with the other staff ahead of us.”

“Oh…”

Jaebum grinned widely, “If you didn’t take so long…”

Crescent just rolled her eyes, Jaebum smiles wider and leans towards her, Crescent held her breath, Jaebum had not been quite so close since the first day the two of them met, but Jaebum Just pulls the seatbelt across and secures it with a click.

“Let’s go.” he says putting the car in gear.

The drive felt like it only took an hour at most, but in reality it had taken them half day of driving to arrive there. It was a pleasant drive, they chatted and Crescent heard many stories of his childhood, she shared the good memories she had. It had been a long time since she went somewhere that required so much traveling. She was feeling quite exhausted when they arrived, glad to finally be able to stretch her legs. Jaebum joined her as they walked together up the stairs leading to the castle.

 

A young man greeted them, it was clear that he was a member of the royal family, his looked regal but his eyes were kind.

“Thank you for joining us, Jaebum.”

“Thank you for hosting us. Mark.”

“And who is this?” Mark says.

“This is Miss Crescent, She is accompanying me on this trip” Jaebum says as he then turns to Crescent, “This is Prince Mark, the crown prince.”

Crescent dips into a curtesy, “It is a pleasure to meet you, your highness.”

The prince indicates for one of the members of staff to come forward. “This is Jackson.”

“Good evening your majesty, I my name is Jackson; I will be assisting you with all your needs during this trip. I will also be acting as your translator, even though it seems like Prince Mark does not need a translator.”

Mark grins, “Nonsense, I have just been practicing, I will still need your help.” he then turns to speak to Jackson in a language that Crescent struggled to understand, but she could pick up a few words here and there.

“I will show you to your quarters.” Jacksons says, “The Prince says that you must be exhausted by your long trip here.”

Jackson brings them up another set of stairs in down the hallway. He checks the number on the door.

“This will be your roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter