Chapter 9

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crescent opened the door to her bedroom, eager to see Jaebum; he had left a note in the painting room saying that he dropped by while she was gone. But hours ticked by and there was no signs of him returning or movement in the next room. It was almost midnight, and Crescent was beginning to get worried. Jaebum has not missed a night since she arrived here. She walked up and opened her side of the door, and knocked on the door briefly before pushing on door to his side, “Jaebum?” She whispered softly into the darken room, only a small besides shining dim golden light onto a sleeping figure. “Jaebum?” She says again this time a little louder.

This time Jaebum moves and sits up looking slightly confused, his eyes narrow when he spots Crescent in the doorway. “Go away.” He says harshly.

Crescent felt a sharp pain in her chest, did she do something wrong she thought, and the she squints in the darkness, Jaebum’s face looked flushed with a light sheen of sweat coating his forehead, his bangs clinging to his forehead.

“Are you alright?’ Crescent says as she rushes to his bedside. “Are you sick?” She puts her hand to his forehead, Jaebum made a weak attempt to push her hand away.

“Just a cold.”

Crescent stands up, “Let me go call someone.”

She turns to leave but Jaebum’s hand stops her, “Don’t. I don’t want anyone to worry. I’ll be fine.”

“But!”

“Please?” He says softly his eyes pleading with her, which made Crescent’s resolve, soften.

“Alright.” She replies softly. She helps him back down and brought the blankets up, Jaebum smiles and eventually falls back to sleep. Crescent found a chair and brought it to his bedside. She watched his chest rise and fall, studying his features; it looked so peaceful, she smiled a little. But just then Jaebum coughs but doesn’t wake up. Crescent remembers a remedy that Gerald used to use whenever she got a cold when she was younger that consisted of hot red tea with honey and a lot of lemon. She got up and decided to go sneak into the kitchen.

‘Don’t go.”

Crescent turns back, “Jaebum?” But he was still asleep, he was probably dreaming. Crescent wondered if he was having a bad dream, his brow furrowed up. Crescent smiled and she reaches out to smooth the lines on his forehead.

“Please stay.” Jaebum whispers and he takes her hand with his eyes half open.

“Please don’t let Jinyoung take you away from me.” He says before closing his eyes again falling back to sleep as his breathing slows again.

Crescent woke up in her bed the n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter