Chapter 1

Please Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Crescent slowly turns her face to him and opens her eyes. His eyes were piercing, and thoughtful, it was as if he was searching for something within her and she had nowhere to hide. Her eyes were soft, but resilience to them, honest eyes that had nothing to hide.

 

***

 

“I never wanted to be king.”

“But it’s your duty my child.” His mother turns to face her child, “You need to continue your father’s legacy."

 

Following his father’s death, Jaebum was into the position of King of Blythe, a peaceful country thanks to the efforts of his father. His father was loved by his people, known to be a fair and kind king that would take his time to listen to the complaints of his people and help them to the best of his abilities. He made his country into a strong fort respected by all other Kingdoms. Since a young age Jaebum had been groomed as the heir to the throne, but despite all the education he received he always wanted to live a quiet life away from the politics and drama of the court. When the king unexpectedly died in a freak accident, Jaebum had no choice, this kingdom needed a king, and the people wanted him.

 

Jaebum was a fair and just king, but he was not his father, Jaebum lacked the same kindness and softness his father had. He was a cold King, but despite this the people accepted him, they felt their voices heard and were content and cherished their new king. However the various ministers were worried that their new king would fall from grace if his cold ways were to continue. The ministers met to find a way to secure their king’s kingdom.

 

“He would never agree to it” A young male spoke with a laugh.

“Do you have a better suggestion, minister of defense?”
“Oh no, I don’t mean it in that way, I meant to say Go for it! I would love to watch this turn out.” the young man replied still chuckling.

 

Jaebum looked his ministers seated in front of him. He narrowed his eyes. He could tell something was up, the ministers all looked slightly uncomfortable in their seat except for one, the minister of defe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter