ACE

Baccarat

Warning; contains few swear words.


Soyeon was angry. It was like a never-ending build-up of steam, enveloping her whole, burning her from within. It was by a miracle that she managed to somehow prevent that fire from burning the ones on the receiving end. Her long sharp scarlet nails tapping against the shining wooden table she was sitting on, her cat-like jet eyes scanning across the multiple screens of CCTV cameras, following only one proud tall figure in the crowd of hundreds, his red hair shining, as he wore a sheer white buttoned up shirt and unnecessary tight black jeans. Soyeon annoyingly found herself staring at his thighs slightly too long. His ears were decorated with expensive silver earrings, his right index finger wearing a golden ring, soul shuttering symbol of angel wings engraved right in the middle. His ring alone bought the uneasiness to her right-hand man, Byun Baekhyun.

 
Baekhyun’s voice hissed out a pathetic “Devil is finally here to collect you sweetheart.” before he was pacing in Soyeon’s office, his fingers embedded in his deep brown hair, his lips mumbling some incoherent whispers, most likely about how he shouldn’t have even gotten himself involved in the situation, if Soyeon didn’t know Baekhyun any better, she would have thought that he was praying. The thought alone was hysterical, their world only had one ‘God’ and that ruler was standing in her casino that very moment. 


“Oh my God, is that Suga? , crap, V is here too, Oh my God he brought all his reapers here – ” Soyeon had to physically stop herself from throwing the nearest object at her friend who seemed about to vomit, his teary eyes staring at the two guys surrounding Jungkook. 


So when Baekhyun placed his palms onto her shoulders violently shaking her, almost causing Soyeon to slip off her tabletop she found herself wishing for Wendy to be here instead of cowering Baekhyun. Wendy would sort him out, she thought.


“They’re going to shoot us, there is going to be a massive shot out and – ” Before Baekhyun could continue his pathetic whimpers Soyeon found a sarcastic scoff sounding from her lips. The whole situation was pathetic, the heir wasn’t even close to her office but yet her ‘right-hand man’ was on a verge of a massive break down, scratch that, he was having a massive break down.


“Relax, there won’t be a massive shootout, he has visited my casino for the past four days in a row, yet your pretty is still here.” 


It was like Soyeon’s words fell on deaf ears, Baekhyun continuing on to dramatize the whole situation “Yeah but he never brought any of his mob! Oh my god, where is Wendy, I need Wendy – ” 


Soyeon felt rest of his words die down as she turned her attention back onto the screens. She felt no fear, in fact, she wanted to feel it. Only then could she really feel that adrenaline rush that Baekhyun was about to die from. Maybe only then she would have tried to escape through a back door hours ago. Yet no her eyes only continued to stare at the images in front. It was like he didn’t even bother to hide, which only annoyed Soyeon more. He was strutting around her casino as if he owned the place, his little mob shoving her money in their briefcases after each and every win. He was making it all seem so legal. There were no guns, no commotion, just gambling. Jeon Jungkook was ruling her casino with a simple snap of his fingers and she hated it. She hated being so damn powerless compared to him.


The situation up-hand was almost humourless to Soyeon, he was literarily robbing her in bright 'daylight', in front of her investors and regulars. All because he wanted to prove a point. To prove that he was the emperor and she was just a toy, a toy that has stepped over the line and bruised his massive ego. 


To the heir, Soyeon packing her bags and leaving his penthouse through the front door at that, with his three million dollars in her hands, and half a million worth engagement ring that he literarily gifted her for her birthday was a massive backstab. Not only did she leave without him noticing, but also instead of getting herself into hiding, which any normal person would have done, Soyeon walked back to her Casino where Jungkook had to hear about his fiancées’ adventures from Hyunmoo, his drunk gambling outcast uncle. 


Soyeon basically threw her middle fingers at Jeon Jungkook and his family. 


As per Red Angelo’s boss rules, she should have been sentenced to a painful death, she knew that but yet here she was watching the pretty boy steal thousands and thousands of dollars without anyone stopping him, pure confusion settling in her mind. What the hell was going on? For the past four days, she watched her fiancé come into her Casino to gamble. 


Before Soyeon could stop herself, a burst of breathless laughter was sounding from her lips. It was unbelievable. Soyeon could barely believe what her eyes were witnessing. The pretty mob heir was making it all seem so innocent, a loud cheer emitting from his sinister lips when he managed to rack another win during a round of ‘lucky’ black-jack. Applause surrounded him and his little crew, Jungkook simply bowing his head towards the dealer before he was moving towards another table. 


Soyeon spotting a blonde haired guy who was seated next to the pretty boy seconds ago going missing from their table. One of the CCTV screens dying down conspicuously with his sudden disappearance. Baekhyun next to her gawked in a nervous manner, his slender fingers scanning through his contact list, hitting the name ‘Wendy’ over and over again. 


“Say Baek do you think Yoongi is going to let you run away if you start running now?” Soyeon stated, as her fingers found themselves brushing her long jet black hair around her earlobe, her irises continuing to follow her fiancé. 


“Ah, but you seemed to have gotten on V’s death list too.” Soyeon found herself sarcastically humming, from the corner of her eyes Baekhyun letting out a thankful mumble when Wendy picked up. The conversation going past her head as she trailed her dark irises onto the poker table where the Mob heir was moving to after raking in another win. Two more tables and he would be standing next to the staircase that was leading to her office. Soyeon really thought she should be moving along right about that moment, Wendy most likely already parking her car at the back-door, where Suga was meeting her with a nice welcoming gift of a cold metal pressed against her back and a low innocent threat of blowing her brains out if she dared to snuggle anyone out of the casino. 


Soyeon really should be moving along, really, she should but she was finding the situation so damn interesting. Hilarious almost, because rather than running away she was witnessing a hostile situation. The red-haired guy trapping them all like rats, as he was simply enjoying another round of poker. Soyeon was surprised to see that nobody picked up on the fact that her casino was the danger zone that night. But yet the more she thought about it the less of a surprise it seemed, some people really needed to have a gun pointing at their face before they begin to run. 


Soyeon thought that those angels might as well had walked in with their guns and took all her money because then she could feel less embarrassed about the fact that the Jungkook, was now emptying her casino dry. Whilst her customers continued to clap and shower him and his little group of friends with compliments. The pretty boy even dared to buy a full round of shots for her employees, patting each and every one of them backs, daring to ‘thank them’ for their hard work to serve her family for so many years. For serving him.


 That should have been the breaking point which should have made Soyeon put a black label on his pretty head, a pretty blood-red cross. But no. What made her truly livid was the fact that Jungkook even dared to send her one thousand red roses, each for every day he has known her just moments before he showed up with his little gang. He even included a ‘heartfelt’ letter of how much he loved her. Soyeon knew Jungkook well, his romancing over the top gesture being part of his mastermind plan. Soyeon was irritated, she loved red roses, yet she ended up throwing them all away. What a waste.  


This situation that she found herself in, with Jungkook walking around like he owned her casino wasn’t the first time. Oh no, the heir to Red Angelo was a frequent visitor at her casino for all the wrong reasons. Ever since the ‘God’ himself, the Red Angelo’s father announced his little protégé son had become an adult, twenty-one. The whole ty underground world was turned upside down. The ‘God’ foolishly handed his precious son the power, his crown in order to allow Jeon Jungkook to become the new father of Red Angelo. 


So what did Jungkook do to thank his father for the support? Mount his father’s head onto his gold walls. Announcing to everyone that he was the new God. That he had his own traditions and rules. Everyone had two choices to make, either swear their lifelong service to him or end up being silenced. Soyeon only heard gossip about the late ‘God’, how he was planning behind Jungkook’s back a rebellion but to his misfortune was snitched by a boy who ended up becoming one of Jungkook’s brothers. Soyeon knew that the gossip, especially gossip from pretty ladies who often occupied the heir’s penthouse wasn’t a valuable source. But it wasn’t a hard thing to believe. Soyeon knew Jungkook, knew his tendencies of brief madness and jealousness. 


“Holy , Holy , he’s going to kill us, and he’s going to torture us, and V is going to shove his gun up to my and -.” Soyeon found her eyes shifting onto her right-hand man, his pupils appearing dilated to the maximum as he was hyperventilating. His shaking hands dropping his mobile phone on the ground, being followed by a sickening crunch, a clear indication that the screen was cracked. It was a surprise to still see him awake with the way he was over ventilating. 


Wendy’s the self-proclaimed chauffeur of Soyeon’s, name flashing across Soyeon’s phone her fingers pressing against the touchscreen, the ‘cancel’ option when Baekhyun began to have another wave of panicked fits after V’s smiling face appeared onto one of the CCTV cameras, V throwing an excited wave aimed at her. His fingers pulling his jacket wide open, a clear view of a silver gun appearing on the screen, his index finger quickly pressing against his lip as he was trying to stay ‘silent’ before he was sending a very greasy wink.

 
Before any better judgment on her part, sharp words were rolling off her tongue “Like you wouldn’t enjoy that Baek.” Soyeon knew how much Baekhyun was scared of V and Yoongi, there was some sort of big hate drama going on between three of them, but to be honest Soyeon barely paid attention. The walls in Jungkook’s penthouse barely ever gave her much information on the outside world. Soyeon simply could not help herself, the slight anger spilling onto him instead of Jungkook. 


“Soyeon focus do you know what they all are going to do to me if they find me here with you?” Baekhyun was one second away from a heart-attack by the way he was screaming his words out in Soyeon’s face. Soyeon wanted to throw a quick rebelling ‘but they already know’ at her friend, however before she could even open Baekhyun was physically dropping onto his knees. His face completely pale, the usual hint of blush from his cheeks evaporated as his hands were waving in the air in a dramatic manner, only causing Soyeon to simply roll her eyes at him.


“Goodbye harsh world, it was nice knowing all the cute guys and girls – ”


“Baek shut the hell up, you’re giving me a headache with your hysteria. What are you like five?” 


Soyeon found herself tugging onto her draw, taking all the context in a great hurry after Jungkook clears the final table. Soyeon really should have run away an hour ago. She really should have. Yet here she was making a last minute escape as per usual. With four great steps, Soyeon was pulling her window open, before sneaking her head out of the window to glance around for any of Jungkook’s man waiting for them outside, to her surprise none of the lap dogs were present at the back alleyway. So with a quick smooth motion, Soyeon swigged her legs over the ledge, briefly pulling her raised dress down, as if to covering her gun holster from peering eyes of Baekhyun. She threw her bag to the ground, together with her pair of high heels, because there was no way she was going to gamble with her life over climbing down whilst wearing high heels. There was fashion, and then there was trying to escape from your fiancé. 


At that moment Baekhyun pushed her desk against her locked door as if to try and prevent Jungkook getting into her office, with a quick hysterical “We’re so ing dead.” Thrown at her.

 
Soyeon took a deep breath, allowing few moments for her lungs to fill up before she was exhaling, it was now or never. Her arms gripped onto the old drainpipe, with a final glance at her right-hand man, Soyeon began to decent down unsteadily, she knew that the drainpipe was sturdy, otherwise she would be finding herself falling to broken bones and possible death, however the moment she turned her head too far down, she felt herself becoming slightly unbalance, the unexpected adrenaline rushing unchecked in her veins, surprising her.

 
“Hurry, I can hear Jungkook!” Baekhyun wailed, finally having enough room to get himself over the window ledge. It was by a miracle that Soyeon managed to reach the ground without any injuries, especially when she found her hands slipping for a brief moment before she quickly regained her footing. Soyeon’s luck however quickly ran out when she found Yoongi facing her as soon as she tried to leave. His eyes boring at her without many emotions, Wendy’s arm being pulled by his own fingers as his gun was pressing against her temple. Baekhyun beginning to laugh about the fact that he managed to get down as well, the situation not registering in his mind just yet. 


“Good evening Soyeon?” Yoongi’s neatly blonde styled hair was swiped across his head, his designer black suit fitting like a glove. A small lift of his lips beginning to form a smirk when Baekhyun let out a horribly loud screech sound, finally noticing the sudden shift in the atmosphere his fingers quickly grabbing onto the drainpipe, his mind beginning to think that going back up was a good idea, however right as he began to decent up, a sunset of orange hair tilted out of the window. V’s grin never escaping his lips even when he noticed Baekhyun, who was stuck in between both of his nightmares.


“Not really, so far I had a terrible evening. “ Soyeon hissed out, ignoring Yoongi’s greeting whilst her fingers snatching her high heels of the ground, before without much care in the world she was slipping them on, her fingers only tugging onto her highly hiked dress fabric, pulling it down when Yoongi’s eyes began to trail up her legs, in a heated manner. 


Soyeon flashed her eyes onto now struggling Wendy, her friend whimpering a quiet swear directed at Yoongi who was digging his nails onto her arm, slight bruises already visible on her skin. 


“I apologize, I’m sure the boss will make it up to you for ruining your evening.” Yoongi’s cold low voice did not miss a beat, his lips continuing to lift up, his smirk becoming more and more sinister. A gust of cold wind forcing Soyeon to shiver slightly. Winter was approaching after all. Her mind not daring to allow her to appear weak. It was a dominance game, the moment she turned away from Suga would be the end of her. The little stare down game only seemed to have intrigued Suga more, however, soon enough to his dissatisfaction he was pushing Wendy towards Soyeon, as a form of ‘peacekeeping’ when his trailing eyes fixated onto the slight showing gun holster and the approaching shadow. Wendy barely managing to steady herself, her legs slightly tripping over each other, however, her extended palms quickly acted out. 


“Hey, , careful or next time I’m shoving your gun down your dirty throat.” Wendy hissed angrily, causing Yoongi’s smirk to finally roll off his lips. His snake-like eyes flashing at Wendy in anger, his fingers twitching against his gun. It was clear that Wendy managed to push a correct button to set Yoongi off, because before anyone could realise what was happening Yoongi’s trigger finger pressed against the gun, his gun kicking back when a gunshot echoed in the alleyway. 


Wendy's eyes widened when the bullet missed her head by a centimetre, a breath getting stuck in as she took a step back. Her body shivering from fear and adrenaline. Soyeon turning her head slightly to glance at the done damage, her lips tilting up at Yoongi before she was barking “I hope you’ll pay for the damaged property Yoongi.”

Baekhyun quickly rushed towards Wendy who was struggling to stand, her teary gaze glaring at Yoongi with pure hatred. 


“Yoongi will pay out of his pocket for it, don’t worry princess.” 


It was like the whole world began to shake under Soyeon’s feet, her eyes widening in a comical manner as her head quickly snapped towards the direction of the bright red hair. Blood rushing in her ears as disgraceful panic was beginning to settle in her heart. Why? Why? Why? Soyeon hated being weak, she hated that feeling of sudden panic when Jungkook entered the room when she knew that behind that smile he was irritated. That no matter how much Soyeon told herself that she was invincible, that she feared nothing the presence of a Jeon Jungkook was powerful enough to get her knees to shamefully quiver. Her lips hissing; “Jungkook.” As her eyes tried to shoot daggers at him, yet Jungkook appeared the one who was invincible, his expression mild bland even, it was as if he found Soyeon beneath him. The game that his fiancée was playing simply child play. 


He dared to form a bigger grin at Soyeon, only causing alarm bells to ring in her mind as she accidentally takes a step back. A curse sounding in her mind when the reality of what terrible move she made kicks in. 


“I hope you enjoyed your little adventure princess because vocation is over.” Jungkook had such powerful presence, his calm words bringing all the attention on him. Jungkook could simply stand there, his hands shoved in his tight jeans pockets and make everyone into a shivering mess, and that was what he was doing. His devil like eyes flashed onto Wendy and then Baekhyun, a disproving groan leaving his lips, he said nothing else for a while but his eyes alone said a thousand things. 


“Ah, Boss can we go back home? It’s been pretty boring here, plus I can’t guarantee that Suga and V won’t pull their itching triggers at Baekhyun the longer we stay here.” A pink haired guy interrupted, his flashy red suit completely throwing Soyeon off her train of thoughts. 


“Jimin – ”


“What are you even doing here Jungkook.” Soyeon finds herself hissing, perhaps if she was thinking clearly she would have realized that she was in the wrong, that she should be on her hands and knees right that moment, begging for forgives because Jungkook’s face was slowly morphing into something else. 


“Collecting you, a little-spoilt girl who is throwing her toys out of her pram. I would advise you to think really carefully about your next words Soyeon.” Soyeon felt anger beginning to bubble up at the pit of her stomach, at first she tried to swallow her retort and just get over it. Smile and gladly accept her faith, but she hated it. She hated having everything and yet nothing. 


Soyeon felt her knuckles turn white from all her clenching, her teeth gritting in an effort to try stay silent however against all her judgment like a burning acid she found herself sarcastically questioning “Oh look at you acting as you care, where were you when I was at your penthouse?” 


“Soyeon – “ His words alone were the biggest warning Soyeon needed yet she continued on, foolishly, was it confidence or was it something else. Nobody knew. But it was clear that Jungkook was unpleased. 

 
“No let me finish, I’m sick of being your little toy, I want freedom Jungkook, I want to be someone and not a something. I – ” 


“Then go, nobody is stopping you, go, leave and never come back because if I will ever see you around my territory I will blow your pretty face off. And Soyeon if I will ever see you playing with any of my enemies, then you better start running. ” Jungkook words were sharp like daggers, no like gunshots. Soyeon thought. Because each syllable that he sounded was forcing Soyeon to breathlessly step back. She hated it. She loved him or at least wanted him to be kinder yet when it came to their emotional mess of a relationship there was someone who always took things too far. It was all, take and never give. Soyeon felt shameful tears begin to develop in her eyes, her wrist quickly going up to try and prevent from anyone seeing them, but they saw. He saw


“Go to hell Jeon Jungkook.” Before she could stop herself, Soyeon was pathetically brushing past Jimin, her vision being slightly obstructed by water but with all the strength that she had, with her head held high she walked away. Soyeon walked away from Jeon Jungkook and he watched her do it, he allowed her to do it. 

Only once Soyeon was out of her nightmare, Wendy hurriedly starting the car's engine whilst Baekhyun pushed Soyeon into the backseat, both of them overflowed with sheer fear and panic about the daunting reality of what was happening. Only then Soyeon realized the fact that she just basically put a target over her head both for Jungkook and his enemies to use.

She was certainly gambling with her life now.