i dreamt about you last night

All the Ways I Let You Know

Haewon certainly didn’t seem like a lightweight when they met at the club at the first time, but maybe that was because she was too preoccupied with dancing to actually drink. And all the other times they drank any type of alcohol were formal settings, so Sehun never got to learn about his girlfriend’s alcohol tolerance. Needless to say, Haewon was very much a lightweight and that was why he was piggybacking her back to his apartment from the basement not two hours into their club night.

“Hun, your hair is really soft.” Haewon rubs the shorter hairs at his nape between her fingers and giggles. “Feels nice. But my tummy feels funny.”

Normally, Sehun would melt at the fact that Haewon called him something other than ‘Sehun’ but he’s too worried about her wanting to throw up as they ride the elevator up to his apartment. “Hey, we’re almost at my place, hold on a bit okay?” He turns his head to try to catch a glimpse of her face. It doesn’t work since her hair is all over the place. Instead, he tries to adjust his hold on her legs without jostling her too much. “God, Hae, you didn’t even drink that much.”

“I drank this much!” Haewon holds out her fingers, thumb and index stretched as far as they could go. “I normally drink this much.” She shortens her fingers to about half the size. “But I liked that drink you ordered me, Hun. It tasted like fruit.” Haewon drops her chin down to rest on his shoulders. “I’m sleepy.”

Sehun has to laugh at that. Of course Haewon would be a sleepy drunk.

The elevator pings, signaling their stop. Sehun gets out and walks down the hall to his door. He has no choice but to shift Haewon on his back so he has a free hand to press in his code. She lets out a small groan and her arms tighten around his neck, but otherwise, she seems relatively fine. He carries her to his room after kicking the door closed and lays her out on his bed. Haewon wiggles around, trying to get her arm out of her coat. Sehun intervenes by rolling her onto her side and taking off the coat and draping it on the back of a chair.

“Haewon, are you sleepy?”

Haewon doesn’t reply, only curls up while she’s still on her side and closes her eyes. Sehun takes that as her answer. He fixes the pillow under her head and drapes his blanket over her. She doesn’t even twitch.

After a small meal and a shower, Sehun returns to his bedroom to find that Haewon had taken his other pillow to hug. He slips into bed, and gently removes the pillow from Haewon’s grasp. She stirs at that and opens her eyes a crack to look at Sehun.

“Hi, Hun.”

“Hi, Hae,” Sehun says with a smile. “What about your makeup?” he asks.

Haewon just grunts and buries her face into Sehun’s hip since he’s sitting against the headboard. She’s back to breathing steadily in just a few minutes.

Sehun extricates himself from her and chuckles when Haewon lets out a whine. “I’m getting your wipes, Hae. You’re going to hate yourself when you wake up.” He rummages through the cabinet in the bathroom and pulls out the makeup wipes she stashed there. When he returns to the bed, he pats his lap as he sits with his legs crossed.

Haewon sleepily obliges, and blinks tiredly at Sehun. “Your face looks funny from down here,” she giggles. Her hand comes up and pinches his chin, then flops onto her stomach. “Okay.” She jerks in surprise when Sehun presses the cold wipe to her face but then settles down in comfort. He works slowly, spending a lot of time staring at her more than completing his task, but he gets his job done.

“Brush your teeth?” he asks.

“No.”

Sehun shakes his head and gets up to throw the wipe away. When he returns, Haewon is almost asleep again, though she looks much younger without her makeup on. Haewon’s arms immediately circle him when he pulls the blanket over himself. “Goodnight, Haewon.”

 

Haewon wakes up before Sehun for the first time ever. It takes a few moments for her to realize why Sehun is sleeping next to her, where she is, and why she’s in a dress. And then it hits. Slapping her hand to her forehead, she slinks deeper into the blanket to hide herself from view.

“Haewon?”

She groans. “Oh my god, no, don’t look at me.”

Sehun laughs, his morning voice sending chills down her back. “You’re so cute.”

“No. Okay. Go back to sleep and pretend you didn’t see me,” she protests.

Of course, Sehun doesn’t listen. Instead, he pulls her closer to him and peels off the blanket just enough to see her eyes. “Morning, Hae.” Sehun is rubbing circles into her back with his thumb and the motion sends tingles throughout her body.

“I probably smell,” she huffs.

“Then shower.”

“Is my toothbrush still here?”

“Where it’s always been.”

For some reason, it hits her then: the overwhelming feeling of just how much she appreciates Oh Sehun in her life. Carrying her home, making sure she’s safe, doing things he doesn’t have to do for her, waking up next to him. The list went on and on. Haewon write an entire novel on how much Sehun does for her.

“Hey.”

Haewon blinks. “Yeah?”

“You were really funny last night.”

Her emotional montage abruptly comes to an end. “Stop teasing me!” Haewon buries herself back into the blanket. “I’ll never drink again, I promise.”

“You didn’t even drink that much,” Sehun laughs. “How much did you say…this much?”

Haewon feels her face burning with embarrassment. “Let’s never bring this up again.”

“This is the most leverage I will have against you, of course I’ll bring it up again.”

Haewon bets Sehun’s grinning that stupid, pretty smile of his again. To shut him up, she shuffles closer and leans her forehead into his chest. His arms tighten around her and he stops laughing. They lay in a comfortable silence. Haewon is close to falling asleep again when she hears Sehun say, “I dreamt about you last night.”

“Huh?” Her eyes peek out from under the blanket. Warmth fills her entire body, starting from her cheeks and spreading everywhere else.

“I dreamt about waking up next to you. And spending the day with you. And hugging you. And…”

“And?”

“Having to deal with your chaotic food tendencies,” he laughs.