have a good day at work

All the Ways I Let You Know

The sound of what suspiciously sounds like his own laughter is what wakes Sehun. He groans softly and rubs his eyes with his free hand. The laughter is still ringing, yet Haewon makes no move to turn it off. Sehun reaches over her sleeping body to grab her phone off the nightstand and turn off the alarm. He places it back and begins to wiggle his arm out from under Haewon’s body.

“Hae. Jung Haewon, wake up.” Sehun stifles a yawn as he finally frees his right arm. “Hello. Good morning. Wake up, please.” He pulls the blanket off her and slides out of her bed to fold it.

Haewon curls up on her side and cracks open one eye. “What time is it?” she croaks.

“Seven. You have to get ready for work. Get up!” He drops the folded blanket on her body and smacks her calf. “Up!”

Haewon lets out a whine. “Can I get ten minutes? You take the bathroom first. Joohyun has today off and she sleeps like a rock so don’t worry about making noise.” She blinks sleepily at Sehun until he feels his resolve weaken and he finally relents.

“You better get out of bed when I’m done.” Sehun circles the bed to Haewon’s side and pinches the cheek not pressed against the pillow. “I mean it, Hae.”

“I got it,” she murmurs.

Sehun’s sure he hears her soft snoring after he grabs his clothes from her closet and exits the room.

 

“Maybe I shouldn’t go to work.”

“Maybe you should get up before I kick you out of bed,” Sehun quips.

Haewon lifts the pillow over her head to glare at Sehun. “You wouldn’t dare.”

“Try me.”

But before he can take a step towards the bed, Haewon crawls out of bed and flops down on the floor. Heaving a sigh, she glares up at him. “I don’t want to go to work.”

In Sehun’s eyes, the messed-up hair, oversized t-shirt and shorts, and the squinty eyes makes her look like a kid. “Stop being a baby. I’ll make breakfast. You like your eggs scrambled, right?”

Haewon nods sleepily. “Sehun, I don’t think I can make it to the bathroom.”

Sehun rolls his eyes. “Are you like this all the time? How do you even make it to work on time?” Sehun leans down and gathers his girlfriend into his arms and carries her to the bathroom. She clings to him like a koala, legs wrapping around his waist and arms circling his neck. When they reach her destination, Sehun waits for her to disentangle herself from him.

“I don’t.” Haewon sticks out her tongue and closes the door instead of thanking him for the free ride.

 

Sehun is honestly surprised to see Haewon looking alive at the table twenty minutes later. She still looks half asleep, but at least she’s dressed for work. As she sits, Sehun slides a mug of coffee in front of her and taps her nose with a finger. “Do you want bread with your eggs?”

“It’s okay.” Haewon’s already halfway through her first bite. “Did you make some extra coffee for Joohyun?”

“Yep, yep.” Sehun pulls out the chair to Haewon’s right, its legs making a loud noise that Sehun cringes at. “Hey what’s your alarm?” he asks.

Smiling cheekily, Haewon shakes her head. “Not telling you,” she teases. It confirms Sehun’s suspicion. After shoving some more eggs into , she says, “Hey, your eggs are really good.”

“There’s cheese in it.”

“Wow, a whole chef.” She grins and Sehun resists the urge to take her face into his hands and kiss her silly. “Will you leave when I leave?”

“I think I’ll stay to sort through my stuff in your closet and leave later. I can do laundry for you too,” he offers.

“Wow, a whole package.”

Sehun has to laugh at that, reaching over to bop her nose again. “Finish your coffee and we’ll do dishes. I’m drying.” He finds himself standing at the front door ten minutes later, watching Haewon struggle to put on her boots. He manages to grab her elbow before she topples over while balancing on one foot. “Easy there. You’re going to send yourself to the hospital with your gymnastics acts.”

Haewon gives him a dead stare. “Very funny,” she says flatly. But a smile replaces the look just a second later and she wraps her arms around his neck, tiptoeing to reach him. “Bye, Sehun.”

“Have a good day at work, my little architect.”