come here. let me fix it

All the Ways I Let You Know

“I’m not sure how I feel about this.” Haewon runs her hands down the dress again, tugging at the edge so it covers more than it currently is. “It’s nice, but…my legs will get cold,” she mumbles.

Sehun snickers and leaves from where he’s seated on the bed to stand behind her. His hands snake around her body to wrap around her waist. “You don’t have to wear it.” He props his chin on her shoulder and makes eye contact with her in the mirror. “Change if you’re not comfortable.”

Haewon turns her head so she can stare at him. “But you bought it.”

“We can always return it.” His eyes crinkle into crescents and Haewon feels her stomach do a flip.

“I took off the tag though,” she whispers.

“Then I’ll give it to Sehee.” He nuzzles his nose into her cheek. “She’s always wanting to dress like you anyway.”

Haewon crinkles her nose, turning back to the mirror. “Fine. Eat while you wait. I still have my makeup to do.”

Shaking his head, Sehun says, “I like watching you doll yourself up. You’re very pretty, you know.”

Haewon flushes and wiggles out of Sehun’s hold. “Okay, I’ll be back.”

Sehun watches her go with a smile on his lips and his chest missing her warmth. He settles back down on the bed as he watches her pull out clothes from her closet.

“Hey, I found your tie!” Haewon tosses it from the closet onto the bed and disappears into her tiny closet. Sehun wonders how she can vanish into the thing like it’s a walk-in closet. He picks up the tie and begins to fumble with the knot. “Sehun, yes? No? I need opinions.”

“I think you looks great in anything,” he mumbles absentmindedly.

“Okay, no. Look at it,” Haewon demands.

Sehun glances up and squints at the dress Haewon presents to him. “It’s nice.”

Haewon blinks at him. “Sehun, please.”

“I like it, honestly. You can pull anything off.”

“But is it enough for your banquet?”

“Yes, yes, you’ll look stunning. Eye catching. Everyone will be looking at you and I’ll be one happy man because I can say, ‘That’s my girlfriend!’”

Haewon clicks her tongue. “Gross.” Her cheeks are pink and Sehun can see the amusement in her mock glare.

“You like it, don’t even try to deny it.” Sehun smiles knowingly. “I’m serious. Just put it on.” Haewon disappears from the corner of his eye and he goes back to messing with the goddamn tie. He stands up and positions himself in front of the mirror to put it on.

Haewon comes back with the dress on, looking much more satisfied. “Sehun, can you zip me up?”

Sehun abandons the puzzle and spins on his heel to do as told. He brushes her hair out of the way and holds it in one hand to zip up the pale pink dress in the other. “You look great, as always.”

“Okay, enough with the compliments,” Haewon laughs. She turns around and presses her palms on Sehun’s chest. “You look good too.” She scans his face for a moment before her gaze drops to the tie. “That needs some work.” She juts her chin out to gesture at the black fabric hanging around Sehun’s neck. “I’ll be putting on makeup. Feel free to nap.” Haewon pulls away with a laugh.

The tie is a hopeless mess and Sehun soon ends up half-sitting-half-leaning on Haewon’s desk to watch as she puts on her falsies. “What if you glue your eyes shut?” he asks.

“Sehun, don’t make me laugh,” Haewon warns in a shaky voice. “I’ll actually glue my eyes shut.”

Sehun grins. “Do it. Do it,” he chants.  

“You’re mean. Shut up.” Haewon drops her hand and blinks a few times to make sure the eyelashes are secure. “Fix your tie, Sehun.”

 Sehun mocks her under his breath as he slides off her desk and returns to the mirror.

A few minutes later, Haewon slides up next to him and sticks her hand into his pants pocket. “You’re still struggling,” she says.

“Yes.” He gives her a pointed look in the mirror. “It’s confusing.”

“You at this. Come here. Let me fix it.” She takes a step back and waits until Sehun turns to face her. She looks up at him, amusement written on her features. “How did you ever do this before?” Her fingers move deftly, and soon, she’s slipping the tie over Sehun’s neck and tightening it.

“My mom did it for me?”

“Forever a mommy’s boy, aren’t you?”

“Shut up.”