DEJAVU

COVET
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Taehyung is only minutes away from crumbling into a world of complete bliss, feeling the way his back was already collapsing from the stool, away from his usually stringent posture. With each sip of poison he washes down his throat, he feels his body losing weight. He’s only moments away from being light as a feather. Usually vibrant eyes are heavy, lids dripping closer into some form of an inebriated sleep. He can almost feel the spirit melting, fumigating into the air like smoke coming from a cigarette as he barely manages to raise his finger up to the bartender, who seems hesitant to give him another drink. Kim Taehyung is a master at putting on a show, at concealing the decaying emotions that were drowning him, occupying his mind like a demon against a poor child but tonight, he’d found himself in surrender. 

 

In his defence, he knows he yields no chance in anything but complete submission when it came to someone like Park Chaeyoung.

 

Park Chaeyoung was the devil dressed as a fantasy, with a glow that was so mesmerisingly bright that you couldn’t even notice how much she’d burned you until it was too late. She was the kind of woman to give you the feeling of euphoria, only to take it away so that you’d become addicted and reliant on her. He admits that she’d been a form of severe liberation, though left him in a stance more desperate to the one he was in before her, entrapping him into a more deadly cycle that had no retrieve. Park Chaeyoung knew how to make you feel safe, only to submerge you into an impending fear and feeling of uselessness once she was gone.

 

And God, was she good at fleeing. 

 

It was as though she were a ghost, leaving no trace or evidence for him to look for. There were moments where he’d have to second guess whether she was truly real, or whether she was simply a fragment of his imagination to fulfil some sick kink of his. She had the gift of having the world twist and turn their bodies for her and so, if she wanted to be heard she’d make sure they’d listen but when she wanted to be gone, all she needed to do was use her usual tender expressions and an occasional ‘please’ to make herself disappear. 

 

He isn’t sure how long had passed since she’d jumped off the radar, but she obviously wanted to since everyone, including her own group mates and team refused to bring her name up. Park Chaeyoung always had her way. 

 

He hates that. 

 

Rumours of her return were littering the walls of their agency, their private villa and it’s difficult for him to ignore, to remain numb to even to the three syllables of her name. 

 

Even in his dreams, he could never find the voice to call out her name and suddenly, the two words were suddenly being spread like wildfire.

 

Park Chaeyoung was that kind of woman. 

 

“Give me another ing drink,” his voice is groggy like morning breath, but loud like a lion warning him to do as he claims, “…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter