Life After Filming

We Can Work This Out

It’s been only a day since the filming of 100 Days My Prince ended and Nam Ji Hyun is back to the normal life she has. Without a break, she proceeded to go back to her studies as a Psychology Major in Sogang University. She actually wants to keep herself busy right after filming as she has been already accustomed to the 5 months of tiring and rigid filming schedules and she thought that going back to her studies instantly means she does not have to adjust her body clock again. Moreover, it will be actually great to finish another semester which means she’s getting nearer and nearer to finishing her degree. She’s just like most college students who are excited to graduate and have a bachelor degree.

 

Despite getting busy with university stuff, her worries about the drama is immense. It’s not that she’s not confident with this work, she knows that they all worked hard for it and it’s a work that everyone of them should be very proud of. She actually enjoyed filming it so much and she had a great time with everyone in the set with laughters, smiles and worries shared, she has built friendships which she actually has never experienced in her past works, she has built great rapport with everyone and they’ve already grown attachment to each other. So far, the atmosphere for 100 Days My Prince filming is her favorite among all her works to date despite the long hours of queue and the hot scorching weather while filming it. What worries her is that, she knows that the competition is high with senior actors’ dramas being in the same timeslot as their drama. That Monday-Tuesday timeslot for tvN dramas seems like it’s been cursed referencing to the previous dramas in 2017-2018 that aired in that schedule. It’s not like she’s been greedy about ratings of her works, but since she has great love for everyone that made 100 Days My Prince possible, she thinks that having good ratings will actually give joy to all of them after all the hardwork they’ve put into it, and most importantly, she thought of that man, the man who has the most worries, the man who’s been always anxious and scared of how his first lead role in a drama will go. That man, no other than, Doh Kyung Soo. 

 

As she was in the library after she has finally collected all the reference articles and books which will be very useful for her in this semester, she sat down in a table near the corner of the library first to fix all the materials she got in the large tote bag she brought. As she was organizing the books, she remembered the conversation she had with the man that’s been running in her mind.

 

————

“Jihyun-ie, are you busy?”

“No oppa, I’m actually about to sleep. First day of classes again for me tomorrow! Hehe”

“Oh right! Then go to sleep already. I’m sorry for calling this late.”

“It’s okay. You had an EXO schedule right after our filming ended early this afternoon. Ahhhh!!! Our hardworking Wondeok-ie! You must be the most tired and you should be resting, yet you called me so it means something’s bugging you again? Am I right?”

“It’s just the same old worries as you know. And the pressure’s been getting bigger now that the pilot episode is about to air next week already. It’s preproduction so we can’t do anything about it anymore even if the plot’s not going well for the viewers. It’s not started but if ever this one doesn’t go well for a lot of people, I hope there’ll be people who’ll still appreciate this work even if they’ll only be few. I’ll be already thankful for that”

“Oppa, your voice seems to be so down right now! As you said, it hasn’t started yet. No one knows what the future holds. As for now, let’s think positively. Good things come to those who believes!” She said in a very encouraging voice.

“This is the reason why I called you. Your voice and encouragements really helps. You’re one of the very few who could make me feel lighter instantly. Thank you Jihyun-ie.”

“No problem. On Tuesday night, the pre-pilot episode which we filmed yesterday will be shown, we’ll also be having the presscon and wrap-up party on that day. I hope lots of people would appreciate it! I haven’t told you yet but it was really fun doing that some sort of commentary with you!”

“I always have a lot of fun and feels at ease when I’m with you. Thanks for keeping up with me and all my worries and nagging all this time.”

“Don’t say that! We already told each other we could always tell each other our worries right? That’s what friends are for!”

“Yeah, friends. Friends that will always be willing to help each other.” There’s some sort of bitterness in Kyungsoo’s voice when he followed Jihyun when she said the word “Friends”, but it felt like it was left unnoticed by Jihyun in Kyungsoo’s view.

“Goodnight oppa! Have a rest already! Sleep well! And I hope you feel better”

“Goodnight Jihyun. And goodluck on your first day of classes tomorrow!”

 

——

Months of filming passed, and there’s no denying that Jihyun has grown fonder of Kyungsoo. And he to her as well. However, she keeps her unassuming self that would like to think they can only be friends who are always there for each other to help. She’s been always the person to draw boundaries between her and her co-stars but Kyungsoo has somehow reached beyond these boundaries. There are a lot of times during filming wherein they just simply talk about personal things and despite seemingly opposite on the outside, they share a lot of commonalities. He’s a man with depth and substance. She is sure that the two of them have formed friendship within those months of filming but thinking about having more than the platonic relationship they already have somehow scares her. She doesn’t want the good friendship they have come to waste if things go wrong.

 

On the other hand, Kyungsoo is openly giving her ideas that he’s interested in her more than just being friends. But she always come to that point in each of their conversations wherein she’ll drop the word “friends” to him which keeps his feet on the ground not to assume things. He knows they have built great comfort around each other. She’s been always his confidant for the past months with all his worries whether be it about his acting career, life as an idol and even his personal life. He as well is a very private person, but Jihyun had his boundaries break as well. But aside from his worries about the success of his first lead role, there’s this another lump in his chest that he’s been wanting to tell her. Through those months of filming, he has realized something. She’s a gem, a very rare one. She’s someone who could brighten up his day any time and in any situation, and that, he thinks, he can’t settle to be only JUST FRIENDS.