Happy Birthday Shindong

A Bunch of Random Super Junior One Shots

Shindong is waiting patiently in the conference room for the others. He wasn’t sure where they were, he didn’t think they had any prior schedules but it was impossible to keep track of everything. Especially now that Ryeowook was back and getting host on A Song for You. He sighs, remembering how much he missed Kangin hyung. It wasn’t his job to persuade him back to the group but he did miss his company and just talking and making sure he was healthy. He turns his chair to see Ryeowook standing in the doorway.

        “You have to close your eyes, hyung,” Ryeowook tells him.

        “Why?” Shindong asks.

        “Just do it.” Ryeowook orders. He just rolls his eyes shutting them resting his elbows on the table covering his eyes with his hands as well. He can hear the men chattering amongst themselves as they enter the room. He snickers when he hears one of the chairs nearly falling over; Donghae had probably bumped into it. “Okay, you can open them now!” He slowly removes his hands from his face looking at the many presents and a large cake in front of him.

        “HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” They all shout at him. He grins from ear to ear, how many presents did they get him? Siwon is the first to notice Shindong eying the presents so he slowly moves the cake backward pushing a box closer to him.

        “Go ahead!” Siwon says. “Have at it.” Shindong starts to rip the wrapping paper revealing two DVDs. He gasps looking up at the others.

        “Those are the ones you like right? The Greatest Showman and La La Land?” Eunhyuk asks nervously.

        “Yeah!” Shindong shouts excitedly. “I’ve been waiting to get them and now I’m glad I did.” He reaches over to grab another present this one is a bit heavier and a bit bigger. This must be the one Siwon picked out because he is anxiously bouncing on his heels. He rips open the present, noticing it is in a box. He opens the lid setting it to the side. “No…way…” Inside the box are three box sets of the most popular musical theater composers and lyricists, Oscar and Hammerstein, Stephen Sondheim and Andrew Lloyd Webber.

        “You like it?” Siwon asks. All Shindong can do is nod, he was at a loss for words.

        “You should have probably opened mine after Donghae’s and Eunhyuk’s but open Heechul’s and Leeteuk’s next,” Ryeowook says. Leeteuk pushes the biggest box to him. Shindong quickly rips the present open, having to stand in order to open the lid on the box.

        “Okay, you guys, seriously?” Shindong asks covering his mouth. Inside the box is a least a dozen or so vinyl records of Shindong’s favorite musicals.

        “Your record player still works right?” Heechul inquires.

        “Yeah, it works, haven’t played anything in a while but that’s going to change,” Shindong says.

        “Okay, now mine!” Ryeowook says handing him a much smaller present. Shindong smiles opening the present. Shindong chuckles now understanding why Ryeowook said he should have opened it after the first one, inside were two CDs of the soundtracks of the movies in the first present.

        “You guys…” Shindong says looking at all the presents in front of him. “This is too much.”

        “No, it isn’t,” Heechul says. “This is just a way for us to show how important and loved you are.”

        “It’s amazing. I love it.” Shindong says smiling.

        “You do know that we love you right?” Eunhyuk asks him.

        “Like how you comforted me when we were filming Mystery 6 and made sure you were on set even when you didn’t need to be,” Donghae says.

        “Or how you made sure that I didn’t feel forgotten when Kyuhyun came but you also sat me down and told me that I had to it up and be his hyung.” Ryeowook expresses.

        “I don’t know what to say,” Shindong says. “Thank you so much. I love you guys and I hope that we perform together for a really long time. Now can we have cake please?” Shindong inquires. He was lucky to have these men a part of his life.