Donghae and Henry: Henry the Costume Genius

A Bunch of Random Super Junior One Shots

 

Henry sighs his feet hanging off the bed when he suddenly gets a facetime from Donghae. He chuckles answering the call. Donghae is sitting on a couch.

“Hey, hyung, what’s up?” Henry asks.

“I’m running out of ideas for Halloween costumes every idea I have Hyukjae is not a fan of.” Donghae says. Henry could hear the frustration in his voice. “He wants to go as Watson and Sherlock again. We’ve already done that a hundred times. I want to do something new. Different. Fun.”

“So you come to steal ideas from me.” Henry snorts.

“Who else would I go to?” Donghae retorts. “Think you can help?”

“I’ll see what I can do.” Henry says. “What do you want to go as?”

“Well see that’s the thing. I don’t really know.” Donghae says.

“You really can’t go wrong with anything you do at this point, Donghae. You have to think outside the box.” Henry says. “Like you could go as a genderbent characters.”

“Gender what?” Donghae asks confused.

“Genderbent, it is when you switch a characters gender. So instead of Elphaba or Glinda being girls you would switch it to be males instead.” Henry explains.

“I don’t know if he’d go for that.” Donghae says.

“Well what about something that goes together? Like a pad of paper and a pencil? Or like Jenna Marbles is doing a toothbrush and toothpaste.”

“Jenna who?”

“Jenna Marbles, she’s a YouTuber.” Henry says. “You probably don’t want to go as a vegetable do you?”

“Never again, I have too many memories of being stuck in that onion suit.” Donghae says. “Halloween is so weird and hard I would much rather enjoy Christmas early.”

“Well you could always go as an elf.” Henry says. “Or what about Jack Claus from Nightmare before Christmas?”

“I don’t like Nightmare before Christmas it’s scary.” Donghae says.

“You are too cute.” Henry says laughing. “What about…sush...”

“I am not going as food!” Donghae shouts.

“Damn I really thought I could get away with that one.” Henry says.

“You thought wrong.” Donghae giggles.

“You’d make a hell of a jedi.” Henry says. “You could make it into like a crossover sort of. Star Wars and Star Trek. You dress up as Han Solo and Hyukjae as Kirk.”

“What about superheroes instead?” Donghae asks sitting up excitedly.

“With your hair you would make a cool Flash.” Henry says.

“What about Hyukjae?” Donghae pouts.

“He could go as Daredevil, he’d make a good one.” Henry answers.

“What would I do without you?” Donghae asks. “I miss you. I hope everything is good.”

“Everything is great. What about you? Are you resting? You just had two comebacks in the span of months you need to take it easy, you aren’t 20 something anymore.” Henry says teasingly.

“Yeah and I have you to remind me of that. I’m still young.” Donghae says. “I got to go but don’t forget about me. Remember to call.”

“Yeah, I got you.” Henry says. “Stay healthy.”

“You too.” Donghae says. “Bye, Hen.”

“Bye, Hyung.” Henry says hanging up. Sometimes he questions if he made the right choice in leaving. He missed his friends so much but this was something he has wanted to do for a while now. It seems all of them have forgiven him and are relatively supportive. So were the fans which made him lucky to have even been a part of such an iconic group.