Ready or Not

Unconditional Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter 5

   

I set an alarm for myself to wake up early the next morning. I decided to wake up early being mindful of the fact of how drunk Kibum was last night. I guess there’s nothing better to eat the morning after being drunk than a good hangover soup. I honestly don’t know how I knew how to make this in the first place besides just watching mother cook it numerous times ice in the past considering I never got drunk since I've only drank red wine without getting drunk in the past since it had such a low alcohol level.

I planned on waking up early enough to make the soup then leave but after I finished making soup and dressed up in all black clothing and shoes getting ready to leave after grabbing my phone and folded the envelope I received from Jackson into my pocket when Key walked out of his room tired with his hand to his forehead looking as me seeing that I was about to go somewhere.

“Bora, where are you going so early this morning? You shouldn't walk around wearing all black like that, what if someone doesn't see you while you're crossing the street and you get hit by a car?” Key asked me.

  “Ah, you woke up, I made some soup for you and the guys brought you home last night, which they said you were passed out from drinking,” I said concerned.

“I'm sorry you had to see that, it used to happen once every month until I had you in my class.”

“Speaking of which there's something that I kinda want to ask you about but I was worried you'd get upset.”

“Just ask me, it doesn't hurt to try Bora.”

“Is it just a coincidence or did something happen a year ago from yesterday?”

“No, why do you ask?"

“Onew said that you've never passed out from drinking since last year, did something happen last year?”

“Well, not last year but something did 4 years from yesterday.”

“What happened?”

“Maybe you should marry that guy and too subconscious of what he did to you in the past but not thinking of how he is now. I don't think I'll be capable of protecting you, you probably should go back to your parents.”

I felt the anger and sadness boiling up inside of me that I didn’t know if I should cry or scream.

So I bitterly just said,” Clearly you don’t understand as well you did a few months ago. I’m out.”

After making sure the folded envelope, my phone, and my switchblade knife were in my pocket, I ran out the door as quickly as I could.  I was too enraged to drive so I just ran quickly as I could until I got I was out of the neighborhood and into the city.

Once I got close to the most familiar parts, I finally slowed down and walked as I looked towards the ground. That was until I felt an unfamiliar hand grabbing my shoulders pulling me into the alley. But obviously I was not going to give in and I wasn’t helpless so with all the strength I had, I used the back of my elbows to hit the perpetrator and yelled as loudly as I could to increase my strength causing the guy to attempt to cover my mouth but I was quick enough to bite his hand as hard as I could before he could.

“You !” He yelled letting go to hit me.

But before he could, I quickly punched the guy in the face and kicked him as much as possible until he fell to the ground, I grabbed the guy’s arm and twisted it back as much as I could then throwing him to the ground when he attempted to get back up. I looked at the guy one last time looking at his arm and noticed a tattoo on his arm. Specifically, it was a tattoo of a snake and it was not just any tattoo of a snake. The snake was the same shape as what I was to look for around his forearm. I fell back against the wall of the alley before I could run far.

Please log in to read the full chapter