Replay

Unconditional Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter 4

   

The week after the discussion about Serpents, I hadn't left the penthouse alone after how wrongly I was confronted twice and was scared to go anywhere alone now and Kibum had a class to lecture today. I knew something was wrong with Soomi when I first met her… Looks I was right that she was worse than Jackson after all from each of their first impressions in high school. It especially was the most obvious after her behavior yesterday when she saw me attempting to dismiss Jackson. She was so clueless how does it look like I was flirting I didn’t even smile at him. As of now, I didn't feel like helping with the investigation after how Minho treated me. Just because he spoke with s like that, that doesn't give him the right to talk to me like that.

I was finally unpacking bags after realizing that I might stay here for a long time putting everything in the empty closet since Kibum told me to make myself feel at home. Well until I came to the surprise of an unexpected call from Jackson.

“Noona, could we meet up today since I won’t see Soomi today and it’s kinda important,” Jackson said at the other end of the line.

"Uh, of course, I don't even have anything planned for today," I managed to easily answer.

“Thanks, noona, it won’t be long, what about meeting up for lunch?”

"Sure," I said hanging up without bother asking who gave my phone number since I already knew the obvious answer. Obviously was my father, the one responsible for my arranged marriage.

A few hours later, Jackson dropped by to bring me to lunch at this ramen restaurant that was right next door to Aroma Mocha.

“Noona, let's start over from the beginning and be friends, best friends and act I didn't do anything to you, I brought you some stuff that could help you,” Jackson said as we sat down at the table

“What’s the issue? Why should we start over, you already know that I don't want to change your mind about marrying you,” I said while waiting for our food.

“Noona I liked you and I know that and I don't deserve you anyways because it was too big of a mistake for me to fix. How are we going to tell our parents we don’t want to marry each other?”

"What’s with the rush? We still have a year to take care of it. So weren't trying to humiliate me on purpose?”

“No, I'd never do that to anyone even if I hate them, it's just not right. I was a teenager then and I know, I was stupid at the time too I really wanted to apologize but you switched out of my class too quickly for me to do so. I know It's a year but I can’t stand Soomi, not only because she’s clingy, but… She’s a criminal and she just uses me to commit her crimes.”

“What? How did you know that for sure?”

“I noticed most of those you hang out with are part of law enforcement and that’s part of why they watch me so closely.”

“More details for me?” I asked as I pulled out pen and notebook to record the conversation and my notes.

“Of course, Soomi’s one of Serpent’s gang leaders for  trafficking and every time she brings me along to help her while putting me at gunpoint.”

“But you were never part of the organization?”

“No, it’s only been since a few weeks ago I knew she and the crew started their kidnapping spree and it's only been a week ago when the started to place some of the women in the back in my trunk without saying anything.”

“Have you ever been to their hideout?”

“A few times, I could give you the address but do it on your own time and take my extra key card and the building map to sneak in and I recommend you go break in during the day and catch them by night.”He said sliding an envelope to me.

Please log in to read the full chapter