Stranger

Unconditional Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter 3

   

For the first time in forever, I managed to get a good rest in my sleep last night. The next morning after the unexpected meeting with Kibum at the coffee shop the evening before, he decided he wanted to know more about me so he wanted me to help him with his investigation on a crime that I believed could be connected to Jackson after seeing the way he glanced at him last night.

As soon as we got to the police station, we walked in with someone waiting to greet us.

“Ah, hyung you’re here and you must be the lady he was talking about. I'm one of his colleagues and friends, Detective Choi Minho.”

“Yes, I'm Hyun Bora, pleasure meeting you,” I said.

“I thought she'd be able to help us with our investigation along with keeping notes so that's what I brought her here for,” Kibum said.

“Possibly just a way to get yourself laid,” Minho added with a smirk.

“Ya! Babo! Don’t say that about me! I’m your hyung and I’m not up for that especially since she used to be my student!” he said hitting Minho over the head.

“Is he trying to dig his own grave?” I muttered to myself as I couldn’t help myself but glare at Minho out of my own annoyance.

Apparently, I said that loud enough for them to hear causing Minho to look at me with a terrified look on his face and hide behind Kibum asking, “Is she always that scary?”

Two police officers then came to join the conversation who I could tell were part of the investigation team.

“I think Minho finally met a girl he's scared of besides his girlfriend and sister, I'm Jonghyun by the way,” said the officer that wasn't that much taller than me.

“And I'm Taemin,” the youngest of the four standing here said.

We went to the office to sit and sit while waiting for the prosecutor to arrive.

“Since you just graduated and don’t have a job yet, I thought I might as well just bring you along to help us investigate, knowing how interested you are with learning and writing about crime,” Kibum said to me.

“Kibum-ssi, what makes you think so you think so?”I asked realizing I only told my classmates.

“Well, you got perfect grades in my classes and you even took all the quarter parts of my class too, unless are you not interested in this investigation?”

“No no, I do like it, I only took all 3 because I thought it was all intriguing especially since my brother's a police officer himself in this same station.”

We were still sitting and waiting for the past few minutes when the four were leaned in whispering and discussing something that I could tell they probably didn't me to hear so I said, “Excuse me, I’m going step out and take in some fresh air.”

“Of course, come back in when you’re ready,” Kibum said as I left the room.

“I walked toward the main entrance and took a deep breath. Just what was Kibum and his colleagues/friends were whispering about I thought to myself as I walked towards the entrance.

“Hey, noona! What are you doing here?” Hearing an obnoxiously familiar voice, I tried to figure out from what direction, I turned to my left and finally saw who it was… Oh no! Not him why now? Why the day after the huge mess my parents made yesterday? Of all times this could happen, was it necessary to have to run into him now?

I just continued walking out of the police station when I finally noticed the obnoxiously familiar face is not far from the entrance, that’s right, I’m talking about Jackson, Jackson Wang.

“What the hell are you doing here how did you know I was here?” I asked glaring at him.

“I saw you walking in earlier, but I didn’t go in because I know your brother hates my guts.”

“What are you talking about? I wasn't there last night and I never came home.”

“He knows what I did to you 5 years ago noona, he even held me in a chokehold last night at your house when no one else was in the room, he threatened me to stay away from you.”

“Of course I know he hates you if he remembers exactly what you did to me and clearly you're rebelling against his words.”

“Noona, I’m sorry, I learned my lesson, I shouldn’t have done that to you back then. Now I've changed.”

“How do you expect me to believe that? It’s only been 5 years since that day and that’s not a very long time.”

“But noona, who’s that guy you were with last night?”

“What guy? Where? What are you even talking about?”

“Noona, don’t act like you don’t know, I saw you in fron

Please log in to read the full chapter