Gentleman

Unconditional Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

chapter 2

   

It’s probably been 30 minutes to an hour when I finally let out a sigh of relief not only because I realized I was almost at the front of the line, with two more orders to go and it was finally my turn but also because the baristas today also happened to be few I was somewhat close to. I then came to realize the orders were taking a long time because Victoria, Luna, and Krystal were the only people that were on shift for today. But obviously, it was worth the wait.

“Don’t worry Bora, as you being one of our regular customers, we already know what your order is, the regular Caramel Mocha Frappuccino right? Sorry about the long line, our other workers had a date of some sort for White Day today so I felt like I had to let them off work just to be nice,” Victoria pointed out.

“That's correct and it’s fine, the wait was totally worth it,” I said as I opened my wallet to pull out one of my credit cards after making my order but as I tried to pull one out, my other credit cards fell out along with the one I pulled out so I quickly bent over to pick them up before I could lose any of them.

By the time I got back up to pay for my drink, I came to the surprise that my drink was already paid for as I watched the receipt printing my order from the cash register. Making me stare at the register for a while confused, until Victoria pointed to my right and said,” He paid for you, looks like chivalry isn’t dead as long as you meet the right men, you know Bora?”

I quickly turned my head to look around then realizing that there really was someone standing next to me on my right but was also looking towards the right except up at the ceiling. But what is he doing standing right next to me instead of behind me like a minute ago? No, not just any random person, but an acquaintance. Kibum, Kim Kibum, whom I had classes with during my final year in university, well, more specifically with him as my psychology professor. So many classes that I never took a quarter without him in at least one of them but never spoke a word to each other that was noneducational or friendly.

“I also could tell you both know each other and I think you’d make a good couple,” Luna added peeking from the kitchen looking at both of us.

“Hey! He was my psychology professor! Things don’t work that way between a professor and student,” I spat out.

“But you're both 2 years apart from each other in age! That’s barely a difference and that doesn't make it illegal,” Krystal asked from behind the counter.

“True, that’s right, that’s not much at all plus, you just graduated too, meaning that you’re not a student anymore but your orders will be ready in a moment, go take a seat somewhere,” Victoria said wiggling her eyebrows at me.

Which she was right since I just turned 25 recently and he’s 27 so I guess it wouldn’t be that weird but what is these three trying to do? Agh no no no! I shouldn't be thinking these things. I must remember, poker face, don't laugh, don't smile...

“But how did you that he wasn't that much older than me?” I asked raising my eyebrows.

“Just like you, he's also one of our regular customers her at Aroma Mocha, so why would we not know?” Luna pointed out also wiggling her eyebrows at me.

I snuck a glance at him but then realizing he was looking at me, I put my right hand up to cover the side face as I turned away.

“Don’t worry Bora, there’s no need to be shy, you showed up to so many of my classes that it’s making me wonder why we never have spoken especially since you’re present every day,” Kibum finally said noticing my attempt to avoid.

“No, I’m not shy, I’m just a little embarrassed because no one ever paid for me before, but I promise I’ll pay you back later,” I quickly said before asking, ”Wait a minute, why did you pay for my bill?”

“Bora, it’s fine, you don’t need to pay me back, I could tell you’ve been having a bad day, is everything okay?” He asked with a concerned voice.

“No, I think I should go find somewhere to sit and I think we’re standing too close to each other,” I said backing away from him towards the ground realizing I was getting nervous from the idea that some of my classmates from university or high school might be here and notice me with my former professor. After receiving my Caramel Mocha Frappuccino, with my eyes, I scanned around the shop for an empty table sit to enjoy my dinner drink.

“Oh no, why am I even asking? I could tell you’ve been crying, tell me about it, I want to listen,” he said stepping in front of me lifting up my face by my chin to keep me from looking at the ground.

"Do you want to listen? Do you?” I asked still trying to avoid eye contact.

“Of course, I know to you I’m just your former college professor, but that does not stop me from wanting to sit down and listen and why don’t we find a seat,” he said taking my hand.

“But look, everyone sitting at each table are couples,” I said continuing to scan the room.

“Bora, it’s only because it’s White Day stop worrying too much and who said we can’t pretend to be a couple? But just without all the PDA? You know? Like any friendly first date, except just as friends,” he said with a smirk as he took my hand walking towards the empty table in the far left corner away from the windows.

Please log in to read the full chapter