Chapter 1

Remnants of You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi woke up by the noises from outside her room. It looks like they are people playing in the kitchen. The footsteps she's hearing indicated they are running. She brush off her face harshly using her hands to forcely wake herself up. She gently walks towards the kitchen. She hides or look ahead of her to check if her daughter is there. She wanted to surprise her princess early in the morning. She wanted to join in their usual morning ritual. 

 

She sometimes hides when she heard small footsteps coming to her direction. 

 

"Mom, let's wake Daddy up." she heard her daughter say. Her tone was heavy, she might just woke up. Seulgi thought.

 

"Shall we?" Irene asked to her daughter in a cute way.

 

"Yes!" Her daughter answered cheerfully. But before they fully made it out to the master's bedroom, Seulgi suddenly jumps out from a room and surprises not just her daughter but also her wife, who released a cute noise. Seulgi knew it. Her wife always do that everytime she's surprise.

 

"Jesus Christ, Seulgi!" Irene exclaimed, her eyebrows furrowed. She slaps Seulgi's shoulder. "Can you please not do that?" 

 

Seulgi was laughing so hard that she's holding her stomach because of the pressure. Her daughter on the other side was also doing the same thing. Seulhyun takes this mannerism from her father Seulgi. 

 

Kang Seulhyun is only four years old, who likes to read books and eat food a lot. She likes it better if her father prepares it. She loves her father more than anything in the world but they only spend a little time every week together because of Seulgi's work. She just started her kindergarten last month. 

 

Seulgi is a successful enterpreneur and always fully book on weekdays. She goes to carnivals with her daughter to spend some time with her when she's free, to pay her absence. 

 

"I was supposed to surprise Seulhyun, not you." Seulgi excuses but still laughing. "I'm sorry, honey." Seulgi smoothly sneak her arms around Irene's waist and gave her light kisses around her face. "Would you forgive me?" Seulgi gave her a five seconds kiss on her lips.

 

Irene was supposed to say no, but that kiss pressured her. "One more time." Irene demanded, whispered so her daughter won't hear it. It's not that she hates it when her daughter sees them like that but she's simply just a private person. And that includes her daughter sometimes. But she's doing her best to adjust because in the end they are family. She likes Seulhyun to be gentle, caring, and a lovable daughter. 

 

But Seulgi didn't get what she meant. Seulgi just raise her eyebrows while saying, "What?" 

 

Irene looks at her with disappointment. Just as always, her husband is the slowest human being on earth she've known. She wonders why she's a successful enterpreneur and businesswoman who always get a job everyday, and give lectures to young enterpreneurs, where in fact, she's totally the opposite. 

 

She sighed. Her wife, which Irene prefers to call her her husband, needs to be lectured in terms of their romance. 

 

"Why?" Seulgi pouted after seeing Irene's reaction. Seulgi made a face and that pressured Irene inside again. She wanted to punch her husband so hard, but the pouty lips and the face her husband made stopped her in doing so. 

 

“You’re slow.” Was Irene could say after looking at her husband’s face. She loosen herself from Seulgi’s arms but Seulgi was faster to pull her back and gave her another passionate kiss for they don't know how long. But it’s long enough to forgive her lover.

 

"Me too!" Their daughter breaks the momentum. "Daddy, me too!" Seulhyun hugs her Daddy's leg tightly.

 

Seulgi leaned back but still cupping Irene's cheeks. She's looking at her lovingly until Seulhyun jumps at Seulgi's back. 

 

"Daddy, me too." Seulhyun repeated but this time with sad tone. 

 

Irene nodded and Seulgi took that as a sign to separate herself from her wife and immediate give what Seulhyun wishes. She throws kisses and hugs to her daughter. Her daughter loves it so much when her Daddy does that. Seulhyun really loves the affection from her parents. 

 

Seulgi carries Seulhyun to the kitchen while Irene prepares their breakfast on the table. They started seating on their respective seats but Seulhyun comfortably seated on her Daddy's lap. She prefers it today.

 

Irene always call Seulgi as Daddy to practice their daughter until she grows up. Seulhyun adapted the endearment when she was still nine months old. They also never thought that one day will come where Seulhyun protected Seulgi from the bashes and hates threw by her classmates. Seulgi kept that in her heart then promise to herself to protect the child, though it wasn't hers. 

 

"Have you visited your doctor this week?" Irene asked while putting the plates in front of her husband and daughter. Seulgi shakes her head while putting honey in her pancake. 

 

"Do you want to put honey on your pancakes, baby princess?" Seulgi asked her daughter cutely. Seulhyun immediately nodded. Seulgi followed her daughter's wish then she looks up to meet her wife's eyes. "Not yet, honey." She finally answered. "But I will, don't worry." Seulgi smiled weakly. But honestly, she's afraid going to the hospital. She just hates the at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter