Cafe Robbery

The Dunkler Fluch


The meeting goes on for few more hours, it was already night went they exiting the building.

“Hey Sungmin hyung, want to grab something to eat?” said Donghae. In within the meeting time, they begin to become close to each other, though it was more like they become comfortable around the cheerful Sungmin.

“Sure! Where should we eat? You two, follow us.” said Sungmin to Ryeowook and Kyuhyun.

“I wonder it’s still open at this time. Their dessert are so good!” said Hyukjae.

“You wanna eat dessert at this time?” Kyuhyun throw a frown at the silver wolf.

“Food is still food, okay.”

As they were walking further down the street, Hyukjae found out that the cafe were still open. Hype out by the taste of the dessert, he left the four and went on by himself.

“A cafe?” said Ryeowook, they slowly enter the cafe but the smell caught their attention.

“It’s smell so good! Did you buy the dessert here?” ask Sungmin while eyeing the menu on the counter.

“yes, we should take a sit.” said Donghae. They went to the corner of the cafe and waiting for the waiter.


*****************************************

Yesung just finished his work. His phone alarm going off, showing it was the closing time already. He went down to the ground floor, remembering how the manage promise to stay up until the closing time, he went into the kitchen area without looking at the dining area.

“Jaejong ah, it’s closing time. What are you doing?” he ask once he saw the younger were making a bunch of drink.

“Sorry hyung, last customer. I can’t shoo them out now…” 

“Ah it’s okay. I’ll stay here and help then. Give me that.” he then pick up the tray to carry the drink but stopped by the younger.

“Not the drink. You are clumsy. Go carry the food from Yunho.”

Yesung felt insulted but still went to the chef to take the food out. With a pout he carefully place the food and walk out from the kitchen, leaving the younger giggling at his cute behaviour.

He walk to the corner of the cafe and found the customers, too deep into conversation. Once he place the food, all the customer stop talking just to look at him.

“Enjoy your food.” said him with a smile.
He was about to walk away when one of the customer stop him.

“Hey, aren’t you from yesterday?” said Kyuhyun, he stares into Yesung’s eye, looking for  something.

‘Oh damn…’ he nod slowly. Feeling uncomfortable with the stare.

“Kyuhyun, you staring. Sorry, my friend likes cute thing.” said Sungmin , casually slip off the word ‘thing’ as if it was normal to picture a person as  a thing.

“I’m not. I accidentally bump into him yesterday. I didn’t know he work here.” said Kyuhyun annoyed.

Jaejong come into the scene with their drinks while chuckling.

“He didn’t work here. He own this place. Here’s your drink. We actually on a closing time but you guys can take your time. We only close the door for other customer.” said Jaejong as he left Yesung  alone with the five wesens.

“Oh, quite young to own a a cafe this amazing!” said Sungmin with wide eyes, sparkling in amazement.

“I’m not that young. I’m thirty-two.” said Yesung with a smiles. 

He felt uncomfortable, knowing there’s a lycan in his cafe. He begin to suspect for the other four as a wesen too. Using his experience, he know the cheer looking guy was something close to the hare smell. But the other was too vague.

“If you excuse me, I got something I need to do.” said Yesung, walking away with full of doubt.

‘So far as I know, Lycan wasn’t very good with other wesen. Let alone a human or even a hare wesen… so they all---’

“hyung. You daydreaming again.” said Jaejong, looking at the older who sitting behind the cashier.

“Nothing, I felt weird by being around them. I’ll go wait upstairs, can you call me if they are gone?”

The younger nod and shooing the older as he took the sit behind the cashier, waiting for the customer to finish up.

***********************************

The customer were just done paying and begin to leave the premise. Jaejong was about to go upstairs to call Yesung when the front door open up, revealing two suspicious man.

“I’m sorry, we’re close.”

But the two man ignore him, instead, they walk further inside as they begin to shift.

“Hah.. wesens. You dare to come here unarmed.” said Jaejong.

Not far from the cafe, the groups start to walk back as Kyuhyun seems to left something behind.

“You clumsy.” said Sungmin.

 All five of them walk until Kyuhyun halt them from taking step forward. Some were curious as what had caught the younger eyes.

“There’s wesen inside… I think they’re fighting now…”

They turn pale and almost went inside rushing remembering the kind mortals safety but once they were entering the cafe, they were caught off guard by the cafe manager,eyes glowing red beating up the two wesens.

“You..” said Ryeowook with accusing tone, earning a glare from the manager.

Jaejong realize the people in front of him were no where near human, smirk crept into his face slowly with his realization as he saw Kyuhyun’s eyes begin to glow ginger while Sungmin horn were shown proudly.

“Ah. didn’t think my customer were wesens too. Sorry for the sight. They try to robe me with their poor fighting skills.” Jaejong lifting one of the robber, taking the wesen who had pass out from Jaejong attack to the wesens.

“Wait! That’s our target!” said Hyukjae. He went to Jaejong and pull out his phone, searching for the photo shared by Siwon. “Yes he is. Wow. Now they become a robber too!”

“What target? you guys a bounty hunter or something.” Jaejong ask while he took another robber and give it to them. “If so, take this man too. I don’t want my boss to see him.”

He perk up after he heard a footsteps coming toward them. He frantically motion the others to hide their appearance when Yesung begin to walk down the stares, shocked by the loud banging few minutes ago.

Yesung was about to ask for the loud noise but too shocked when he saw two unconscious people in front of the counter.“What happen? Who’s these guy?” he  curiously ask.

Jaejong sneakily whisper to them. “ He didn’t know what wesen are so don’t mention it.” he turn to the older with a smile.“Nothing, this two trying to rob me, luckily this guys comeback just now.”

The others nod at him. Convince by it he rushing to the phone but Jaejong stop him. “No need to call the police. These guys are police officers so let them take it from here.”

“Really? Okay then. You were right about bad people around here…” said Yesung while looking at the two unconscious robber.

“Told you. Now let’s go home.”

“Are you guys alright? No one get hurt,right?” Yesung look to the young wesens but not to look for their injury,instead he was curious after knowing one of them was a Lycan.

“We’re okay. We’ll take these guys then. You should go home now. Will wait till you close the cafe first.” said Hyukjae, pulling one of the robber while Kyuhyun take another one.

“Oh. Okay.” said Yesung, he quickly fetch all his stuff and went out with the other. Suit with promise, they all left once Yesung had Jaejong to accompany him towards his car.

“Are they really police officer? They seem too young and weird too.” said Yesung once their reach to his car.

“Yeah, they show me their badges. What do you mean by weird?” Jaejong saw the older throwing a worried look to him.

“I don’t know. That Kyuhyun guy keep staring at me and seems dangerous too. Promise me you won’t go near them, Jae ah.”

Unable to say no to the older pleading face, he nod.

“Okay. Same goes to you. Now go. I park my car across the street. Goodnight.”

He muttered goodnight as he keep staring at the younger, crossing the streets with concern.

‘I won’t let the lycan close to you…’ thought him, not knowing what was the younger capable of without his concern.

******************************************

“So you caught your target already?”

They had to turn back to the headquarter with the two suspect, lucky for them after Siwon inform them that Leeteuk was still at the office. After showing the robbers to the leader, they had to throw them to the captive room, special made for any wesens for the mission.

“They trying to robe a cafe that work by a Vampire.” said Donghae.

“Robbery, huh? Are they desperate or something?” mock Siwon.

“Well now our work become easier, we left them for Shindong to interrogate them tomorrow. You guys can go home now. Where you staying,Donghae, Hyukjae? I believe that you guys just arrive to this town this morning.” said Leeteuk.

“Oh, Sungmin hyung offer us to stay at his house while we here. Right, hyung?” said Hyukjae, Sungmin nod in excitement. He had ask the two to accompany him as Ryeowook and Kyuhyun refuse to stay at his.

“Okay, then. Get some rest. Tomorrow you guy will start the hunting.”

With that, they walk out from the building and leaving behind the robber to face the mage tomorrow.

******************************************

Few days after the robbery, Jaejong and others worker decide to take their turn to stay up till the closing time. Although Yesung being all whining about their over protectiveness, he was glad knowing how the workers willing to sacrifice their time for the cafe safety.

That night was Junsu turn to stay up with him until he finish with the income check for the day.

“Are you finish hyung?” said Junsu as the older close his laptop.

“Yeah, let’s go.”

It was their mistake to not fully closing the cafe as a few customer strode in, thinking it was still open.

It was the group of so called police officer that had walk in after their finish their hunting job.

Hyukjae smiles falter after he saw Junsu came out from the staff room with casual cloth, indicating that it was closing time. Yesung saw the younger sad face, remembering how Jaejong told him about their good defend on the rorbbery day, he thought it was a good time to repay them thought it was not them who should be thanked for.

“Um, did you guys come for late supper?” he ask and beamed when the young wesens nod to him.

“Junsu can you help to prepare for their food? They the one who help on that robbery day. Please?”

The younger frowned. “Wasn’t it Jaejong hyung… the one..”

“He what?” the owner look at him clueless from his words.

‘Aish, did he gave this kids the credit?’ he sighed. He can’t even refuse when the older threw him the old goodie kicked puppy face.

“Nothing, I’ll help. Please take your seats, gentlemen.” he said as he make way to take their order.

“Thanks Junsu ah! Go take a seat, everything on the house today as a thank you for that day!” he sincerely thought that way, not realizing the guilty look in the group faces and forgetting the promise he made with Jaejong to not get close to the group of young wesens. 

“Thanks, can I know your name? We didn’t get to know each other before.” said Hyukjae politely.

“Oh, it’s Yesung. I believe all of you are younger than me so call me Yesung hyung.”

At that moment, they had melted by the honest smiles beamed on Yesung’s face. ‘What an innocent human being’ or so they thought.
Few minute later, both Yesung and Junsu came with their foods and drink.

“Thanks Yesung hyung. You are so nice! There’s no other restaurant open at this time so we were out of option but we so glad to come here.” said Sungmin with mouth full of spaghetti. Knowing how rude Sungmin was, Kyuhyun kicked the older leg under the table but only receiving a black dear eyes from Sungmin.

Afraid of the owner to realize the sudden change, Ryeowook had to divert the older attention from Sungmin.

“Ahhh, hyung! Emm… how long have you open this cafe? We leave on the other side of this city so we never knew the way around here before.”

“Emm around five years ago, I moved from my hometown Cheonan and come here to open a business which I end up with a cafe. What you guys doing in this area?onto some cases?” he had to thanks to his fast reflect in lying about his past. Thought the last place he been to was indeed in Cheonan, he never had a hometown aside from his old village that was nowhere near the capital.

Had that Jaejong lying about the identity, now they had to think of their excuses thinking that the man in front of them was a mortal.

“Only this two are police officer. I work at herbal shop down this street. They were onto some cases in this area and three of us just hang out with them sometimes.”

Everyone cheers for Kyuhyun except the two fake police officer, Donghae and Hyukjae.

“Oh. Must been rough if you only can hang out at this time. Actually, If you make a reservation, I can keep the cafe open just for you guys.”

Junsu who had been sitting at the counter almost throw some stuff to the five wesens. Reservation for them meaning the closing time will be longer than usual. He lurked into the cafe clocks and fidgeting. He had a date in few minutes and the group of wesens were no where near finishing their food.

He had no choice but to talk it to the owner.

“Hyung? Um.. I actually got a date in few minutes… I wonder if this ‘police officer’ can keep you safe until you get to you car for today?” it was no request,he had throw the glare to make them agreed. Being the wesen he is, he only need to do some trick with his eyes and the other nod while smiling awkwardly.

“Eh? Sorry for keeping you here. I can take care of myself actually. You don’t have to be like Jaejong, you know.” he said as he pout his lips.

“Not convincing enough. I’ll leave him to you guys and if you guys sure about the reservation, would you stay with him until he went to his own ride every reservations? This guy is problems magnet.” said Junsu, chuckling as the older pout more while huffing.

“No problem actually. We just have to wait,right?” said Hyukjae genuinely.

With that, Junsu leave in a rush, reminded by his easily sulking date. The owner of the cafe only laugh, watching how quick his worker out from their sight.

“You workers really care for you. I mean the other day the manager look so worried when you late.” said Hyukjae.

“Jaejong? I was having a fever that day so I come to work later than usual. Did he really making a big fuss about that?” he ask while the others nod. He sighed, ashamed for being babying by his workers.

“Well he have been working for me for five years now. And I had no one left in my family. Maybe that’s why he kinda took me in as his hyung.”

Kyuhyun snorted, being snarky he is, he can’t help but to throw some comment in Yesung’s word.

“More like you are their baby.”

“Kyuhyun! Rude brats!” said Ryeowook angrily.

‘Tsk. Lycan will always be rude.’ thought Yesung but controlled his emotion by smiling .“It’s okay. I get that a lot.”

The supper went on for few more minutes. As their promise, they wait til Yesung close his cafe and walk to his car while still under their visions. As soon as he get in his car, he rolled down the window and shouts thanks to them.

They watch as his car was no longer in their sights and walk away.

“Funny how his worker are wesens and he had no idea who he’s been dealing with.” said Ryeowook in amusement.

“I think by now, all of his worker might be a group of vampire. That Jaejong guy, I feel like I seen him before.” said Donghae.

“Really? Well he’s a vampire. Might stumble upon him in any way.” said Sungmin.

“Maybe.” 

 

 

 

 

A/N: we love badass Jejong but sorry for the small scene. I'm at fighting scene. Give me your thought on this chapter. Might be boring but we have to get to know the chara first~~