The Wesens

The Dunkler Fluch


“Hyukjae, Wait up!” 

The boy, Hyukjae turn around to his friend with a questionable face.

“Should we get something for the members? I mean, drinks or something.” said his friend, Donghae.

He look around and saw a cafe not far from them. “We can buy dessert. We don’t know their preferable taste yet. I heard there’s a lot new people. Let’s go.” he pulled Donghae to cross the street.

They were greeted politely by the cashier once they enter the cafe. Donghae look around the surrounding, liking the decor and the warm feeling the cafe had.

“This is nice cafe, glad we come here.” said Hyukjae, eyes already on the dessert.

“Thank you, would you like to try the new drink we have today?” the cashier spoke with a gentle smile. 

Hyukjae look up to greet the cashier, his search for the worker name tag and saw one.

“It’s okay, Junsu-ssi. We just looking for dessert.”The cashier, just smile and help the pick the dessert.

As  Donghae were amazed by the cafe decoration, his eyes fall on certain worker who keep walk back and forth in the back of the counter. Amused by the person frantically pacing around, he nudge Hyukjae to turn to the same scene.

“I’m sorry. But what’s with your friend there?” Donghae ask politely, feeling rude to peak into the back of the counter.

Junsu turn around and sigh, loud enough for the two to heard it.

“That’s the manager. He worried for the shop owner who still not here. Can you please excuse me for a moment?” said Junsu. Once both of the customer nod, he quickly dash to the frantic man.

A loud slap can be heard, earning a cringe from Hyukjae and Donghae.

“Stop worrying and give him a call! You embarrassing me in front of the customer!” shouts Junsu, annoyed by Jaejong antic.

“Damn you right! I’ll call him. He never late before!”

As the problem solved, Junsu appear again behind the counter and smile sheepishly.

“Sorry for that, he just a worry-wart dongseng. Our boss always make him worried, that’s why he turn into a mother figure. Here’s you order.” he held out the dessert for the two to pay.

“It’s okay, thanks for the nice service, we will sure be coming back here!” said Donghae.

Both of them make their way to the Park corporation building which only few turn from the cafe. After they enter the elevator, the were stopped by a shouts.

“Wait for us!”

They left the door open until three man went inside with a pant.

“Thanks!” said the smallest of the three.

“I told you to wake up early, Kyuhyun!” shouts Sungmin, ignoring the confused look in Hukjae and Donghae’s face.

“We still made it. So shut up bunny.” said Kyuhyun with a stoic face.

Ryeowook who saw the other two only bow to apologize for his friends behaviour. “Sorry, they are still immature brats. Are you guys heading to the meeting too?”

“Yes, I’m Lee Hyukjae or you can call me Eunhyuk, this is Lee Donghae. I guess you guys are Wesens then?” said Hyukjae. 

The three only nod, though Sungmin still acting sulking towards Kyuhyun, he smiles and greet the two.

“I’m Lee Sungmin, a Jackalope.” 

Donghae was hesitate to shake the bunny hand, remembering his grandfather old stories about the gore of Jackalope but he shrugged it off after seeing how cheerful the bunny is.

“I’m Ryeowook. I’m a siren but don’t worry. I never ‘seduce’ people before.” he finish off with a pink tainted cheek.

“Wow I never see a male siren before! That’s cool!” said Hyukjae, obviously amazed by Ryeowook kin.

“I’m Kyuhyun, Lycan. I’ll eat you if--” a slap on his head manage to quiet him down.

“He will not eat people. That just a myth. Don’t mind him. What are you two then?”

The two of them were about to speak when the elevator reach their destination. All conversation were forgotten once they saw the decoration of the level, full of antique from the mythological world.

“This is amazing. Leeteuk hyung never show this floor to us before.” said Sungmin, eyes were sparkling with excitement.

“Well that’s because you will ruined this floor when you were a kid.”

Sungmin to his left, squealing after he saw the hyung he been missing for a while.

“Teukie hyung! We miss you!” both Ryeowook and Sungmin ran towards the hyung with a hug.

“I miss you too. I guess Kyuhyun still a brat. Let’s go to the meeting room, some were already waiting inside.” said Leeteuk as he lead five of them into the room.

****************************************

“Yesung!” shouts Jaejong as soon as the said person walk into the cafe with a heavy bay eye and mask.

“Call me hyung first that I’ll talk.” said Yesung with quite hoarse voice. ‘Why immortal like me can get sick… this is the first…’ thought him.

“We only two years differences. Besides, are you sick? Why don’t you call for an off then stay at home?” although he sounds angry, he still pulled the older to one of staff room and prepare for Yesung to rest.

‘Two? More like hundreds of years differences….’ thought him as he were told to lay down after Jaejong take off his shawl and mask.

“I’ll rest for few hours. Remember to awake me before twelve.” He felt sleeps begin to take him over. 

He had no idea how he able to get feverish from the moment he woke up that morning. Never once in his immortal life for him to get to this point where he felt too sluggish too even move. The ride to the cafe was quite dangerous, with heavy head, he decide to drive his car of all day.

Jaejong only look at him with a sigh. Worrying for the older become too normal for him. He had never thought to be this close after he was recruit for the cafe five years ago. He can’t help but to care for the older as he was told that the older had no one left in his family.

“Rest well” he muttered then left the room to resume his job.

************************************

“Thanks for coming. We will begin the meeting after you guys introduce yourself for a better teamwork. Start from Siwon.” said Leeteuk as he take a sit in front of the round table.

“I’m Siwon, I’ll be guiding you guys alongside Leeteuk hyung as planner. I came from the same kin as Leeteuk, a Sieg Wesen. If you have any problem later you can come to me before talking to Leeteuk hyung .”

Everyone was amazed by Siwon’s kin. The always knew how strong Leeteuk can be. Knowing the tall man had the same power ease them all. Except certain trio who have been friend with the tall guy for quite some time.

“Show off” Ryeowoon rolled his eyes at the Sieg.

“Is he a winged centaur?” mock Kyuhyun.

“Shush, he can hear you!” said Sungmin while glaring a hole to the two younger.

“Yeah, they all can hear you too.” Siwon snorted at the three. 

Others began chuckling at Kyuhyun remarks for Siwon being a centaur instead of Wing creature.

Leeteuk sighing at his closed dongsengs, headache begin to make their way as he can  foresee how the four act for the mission.

“Next.”

“i’m Shindong. I’m not a wesen. I’m a mage. I’ll be in charge for the planning in Siwon-ssi team and tell fortune to help everyone.”

Everyone nod in amaze. Almost all of them are wesens, it’s amaze them how a mage want  to work with them. Shindong just smile politely at those who stare at him. He nod to the next person who seated beside him.

“I’m Henry, I’m a Fledermaus. People often mistaken my kin as vampire but we are not them. Yes I drink blood but I act more like a bat. I can control my voice frequency and use it as defend. I came here because there's a person here i would like to meet but he’s not here yet…”

Everyone look around and shrugged, not knowing who was the said man was.

It was the trio turn. It was one of a mess. Everyone become frighten up knowing the origin of the trio who happen to be the most scared wesen in folklore.

“It’s okay, we never hurt people before! We grew up together with Leeteuk hyung.” said Sungmin with a cheerful smile. The others can’t help but to return the smiles back, throwing the scary thought in the back of their mind.

“Next you two, we didn’t get to know your kin just now.” said Ryeowook to Hyukjae and Donghae.

Donghae nod to Hyukjae to let him talk first. “I’m Lee Hyukjae, this is Lee Donghae. We are partner of bounty hunters. We were more known as the Gold and Silver wolf by others hunter.” 

“We bring a dessert actually. So feel free to take it.” said Donghae as he prepare the dessert on the table.

Leeteuk saw how they were preparing it and ask for Siwon to get some tea for them. Few minutes later Siwon came back with another worker with tea.

“I’ll introduce myself then. I’m Zhoumi. A vampire. I’ll really curious about this case. It’s seems to even messing with the southern council to the point almost all elder were killed. Mind get to it since I was the last person?” said Zhoumi, full of professional without playing around.

Leeteuk went up to take a document from his table and let Siwon pass it to the meeting members.

“We still waiting for two more member but I’ll inform them myself. As Zhoumi said. The southern council was attacked. We’ve been told that certain rebellious group was the course. We manage to identified some of them but the leader got away. In the file that Siwon give had all the identified suspect. We will be catching these guys before the next attack.”

As Leeteuk were about to continued, the two absent member walk in towards him.

“Sorry we late. I’m having hard time to adjust. Thank to Heechul hyung, he manage to remind me about this meeting.” said Hangeng while taking sit near Leeteuk. Heechul follow him by taking the next sit but then his eyes fall to the members.

“They all look so young. And gosh, you trio are here too.” he said with a defeated face.

“Come on, we are not that bad.” said Kyuhyun, defending himself from the frowned man.

“Yeah right. Whatever. Did we miss anything?” he turn to Leeteuk and taking a file given by Siwon.

“Not much. Guys, this is Hangeng. An element user. And that is Heechul, he’s a vampire, same like ZHoumi. So let’s start with the grouping.”

******************************************

It was one in the noon when Yesung woke up again, feeling much better. He actually felt more better, as if he never got the flu in the first place. He walk up to the front counter to check on his workers and found Jaejong with his chef Yunho in the kitchen.

“Hey, how’s everything?” he ask to the younger.

“Hyung? Are you okay already?” Jaejong begin to check on the older and relief once he found that the older weren’t as warm as in the morning . “You want something?”

“Just checking. Bring the usual to my office,I’ll be in there to check on everything.”

As the older was out of their view, Jaejong turn to his work space to prepare the usual food for the older while nagging.

“He never taking care of himself! I’ll swear he will be he death of me someday!”

Yunho just laugh at his friend. He was new to the kitchen and didn’t know much about the owner.

“Well, glad you here to take care of him. He actually need you.” said Yunho sincerely.

“I know. It just. I wish he will  realize how clumsy he was sometimes. I’ll send this to him first.” said him as he make his way to the upper floor where Yesung’s office located.

He knocked on the door twice before he went in with a tray of food. He sighing when he saw the older were too focused on his laptop, doing some counting for the shop.

“Hey, rest for a while. You sure you are all fine now?” he put a cup of coffee in front of the older.

“I’m fine. I don’t feel dizzy anymore. Miracle I guess. I’ll go home if I feel bad again. Don’t worry” thought he sounds stern, the smiles never falter from his face, not wanting to make the younger worried or even begin to take his suspicion.

“Not really convince… but if you said so. Today I’ll wait till the closing time. Just in case you pass out or something. If you nee something, you’ll know where I am.” with that Jaejong walk out from the office without waiting for the older to protest.

‘I guess human wasn’t that bad… Nah. It just my worker are nice. Not all human are good…’ thought Yesung.

 

 

 

A/N: I'm furious haha. The spacing were still . I had to edit it on the clipboard lol. But do tell me how this story so far. I'm not confident for some reason with this story....