Pilot

The Dunkler Fluch

 

2018


The crowd begin to gather at the most busiest airport once the next flight begin to take it's landing. Among the crowds, one male who beauty was no where near masculine feature were waiting with a board written 'Tan Hangeng'.
As the waited person appear at the gate,he begin to wave towards the man to alert his presence. 
The Chinese man,who flew across the world just to meet this beautiful acquaintance saw the board and make his way to the said man.
"Welcome Sir Tan, must been one of a journey you had. We so excited to work with you." said the man.
"Just call me Hangeng. I heard from Jungsoo hyung that you are older than me so no need to be formal with me , Heechul hyung." Hangeng smile when he saw the man were more relaxed, feeling comfortable around the younger. 
"Yeah, had to be formal for the first meeting. Jungsoo will kill me of i mess up. So,shall we go to the hotel first? I'm sure you need to rest for now. The meeting can wait." said Heechul, looking more casual while leading the Chinese man to his car.
"Could use some rest. Thanks". 

********************************************

"Have you send him?"
"..."
"Okay, let him rest first. The meeting will be held tomorrow than."
"..."
"It's okay. You can go home now. Thanks Heechul ah."
He sighing while pinching his nose bridge. They had been onto this mission for quite long, by getting Hangeng to join them was the last step before going into the next one.
"Is everything okay?" his assistant ask once he hang up the phone.
"Yeah. We got Hangeng to join us. Siwon,will you infrom the other the meeting will be held tomorrow at 9 am?" Leeteuk said as he begin to continue his work.
Siwon nod as he walk out to his own space,outside the boss office where he work as the assistant to the Ceo.
It was just normal looking office but unknown to the mortal it was always held as the main meeting point for the underground creatures, wesens.
Three hundreds year has past since the wipe out of the most threatening dark creatures, the Dunkler Fluch. Since then, the immortal and supernaturals begin to sign an oath as to keep their existence mere to exist.
The were hiding among the human,living like one. As for the oath to conceal, a council was created to keep the oath strong and help the stray what human called myths creatures or wesen.
Jungsoo or more known as Leeteuk was one of the leader that was assign at the Korean capital city, Seoul. He, alongside with his own clan that consists of varying creature were hiding behind the most famous Automotive company, Park Corporation,working as the Ceo of the company that own by his family  since generations.
After sending all invitation to the attendees, he inform the confirmation to the leader right away. Finish with his task, he begin to continue his daily job.
Siwon belong to the same kin with Leeteuk, the humanlike winged creatures. Often mistaken as an angel due to their lookalike and kind attitude. The mortal often called them as the Garuda as a myth. 
Both of them able to manipulate the air as they sources thought Leeteuk were far more superior than Siwon. It was the main reason why Siwon was loyal to the Ceo,it was the older skill that amazed him the most.

******************************************

In a small herbal shop in a downtown were believe to be owned by the most dangerous hybrid wesen.  A lycan. It was only thought as a rumor among wesen as it was ridiculous how lycan living in a herb shop so no one had ever see the wesen there.
"Cho Kyuhyun!"  
Among the books and herb,there the owner of the name. His eyes glow in ginger as he thought the worst could happen to the person who scream his name.
He was about to jump off the height of the stair case when he saw the said person, looking all fine,unscratched.
"Ryeowook hyung... Could you please tone down the scream for one day. My sensitive ear might bleed one day with your siren voice." he mean it. The said hyung is a powerful wesen. Belong to the Siren kin, their voice were invisible but deadly to their prey.
"Sorry but i need this list of herb. And of Sungmin hyung called as for a dinner tonight. Maybe he had something from the leader." Ryeowook hand out the list letting the younger to prepare it for him.
As the younger keep busying himself by his work,Ryeowook can't help to feel bored.
"Hey Kyu, how long you gonna work here? It's weird you know. Seeing a lycan working as herbalist."
Kyuhyun only sighing.
"You think i want this? If Changmin didn't ran away from his uncle, i wouldn't be here,replacing him."  said him. After searching for the listed ingredients, he wrapped for the older and give it to him.
"Well he sure been gone for months now. People start to throw around how stupid a lycan to work for a witch. Thanks!" said the Siren as he left the younger, frowning as he thinks about his unfortunate fate.
I'll kill that bastard once he come back here' thought him with a smirk as he continued to clean up the shelf.

**************************************

A cafe,located at the end of street was the main attraction in the town. Be it for it's great decore or menus, the cafe will always be full with student and worker in everyday life.
It was the closing time. All worker were already signed off for the day, leaving the owner to deal for the last check up.
'Today was great too!' the onwer happily scribbling the counting into his account, another day of his hard work paid off.
'Hah... This is much way better than before.' thought him. Reminiscent his past as he sadly looking around his cafe.
"Yesung hyung?" 
He turn around and saw one of his worker in front of the counter.
"You need something, Jaejong?"
"Yeah, i left my wallet in the locker. You daydreaming. If it wasn't me who come at this hours,what would you do?" the younger sounded stern,possibly angry by the careless owner.
"Sorry... I just remembered something. Did you get it? I want to close the cafe now." said him as he hurriedly packing up his stuff,not wanting to hear any more nagging from his worker.
"Aish, don't change the topic. You could be robbed... Or worst !!! This is not the safest city that let any owner left the door unlock hyung! People ---" Yesung almost thrown off the younger across the room as he was getting annoyed by the babbling. 
"I know. I know. I learn my mistake, now let’s go. I want to get to my babies faster!" said Yesung, faking a frown as he throw his hand in the air,giving up by the lecture. 
Jaejong smile sheepishly. He know well how the older hates his nagging. It was almost their routine, Jaejong being a mother hen worried for the older who prone of accidents. 
"Fine,i let you off the hook for now. Your babies? As in Kkoming and Melo?" Jaejong ask the obvious. The older won't stop talking about his pets since the day he bought them from the pet shop he stumble upon to.
"Of course. Now get out".
They walk in the opposite direction from each other. Once Yesung turn into a corner, he accidentally bump into a taller guy who seems didn't faze by him but being the smaller one,he had fall first on the ground.
He look up angrily, almost yell at the person but stop as he saw in a split second how the taller eyes change.
Realizing the stare from the smaller,Kyuhyun who happen to bump into him quickly woke up from his daze and help the guy up.
"Sorry, I wasn't focusing on the walk. Are you okay?" he ask while held out his hand. 
Yesung only look at the hand, felt too uncomfortable to take it, he ignore the help by standing up immediately. 
"It's okay. It's my fault too."
Kyuhyun felt awkward after being rejected by the smaller one but decided to ignore it. They walk away as if nothing happen, but in a glimpse,Kyuhyun had catch a strange scent from Yesung and stop to look back at the person. As he try to catch up with Yesung, the smaller one was nowhere to be found.
'Just a scent. Might be my imagination. ' thought him as he walk away to his destination, Sungmin's house.
Not far from him,instead, ontop of a building from where they bumped into, Yesung was staring at him,sternly. 
'Lycan huh. This city are so not safe for me... But i can't left what i already build.' thought him, he keep staring until Kyuhyun was no longer in his sight.
' I'll keep what's mine from now on. I won’t give in to the fear. You can do it,Jongwoon!' thought him cheerfully, he glide down into the alley way, unseen by any mortal as he slips into the crowd.
As he arrived to his own apartment, he quickly strode towards a room and release all his small beast.
"Appa is home!!!" 
*******************************************
"So there's a meeting tomorrow?  Are they finally gonna make a move?" ask Kyuhyun as he took another bite of the pizza.
"Yeah, Siwon text me just now. I guess the last recruit agree to join us. This had to be the serious case ever. They invite an element user,Hangeng to the party. Do you think it had to do with the myth wesen?" Said Sungmin. 
Ryeowook tilted his head, not knowing what the older mean.
"The Dunkler Fluch. The wesen that born from dark curse. It's just a myth because our ancestors said a group of human and wesens had wipe out their existence due to fear of a war at that time." 
"So what it had to do with Dun..Dunker.. Whatever it is if that thing already gone?" said Kyuhyun. 
Ryeowook nod in agreement, can't think of anything from the older words. 
"I don't know to be honest. Just a rumor but some people said there's still bunch of them exist after the news about the last white witch died hundreds years ago. Only white witch can kill them and coincidencely after days of the massacres, it died even after been guarded by thousands of strong wesens. But what i heard was, the Dunkler Fluch wasn't the threat for now. It was some group of wesen begin to rebel against the council." said him.
"Again. That still had nothing to do with the Dunker...Flu-- why the hell this wesen name so hard too pronounce!"  shouts Kyuhyun in frustration. 
"Kyu were right,hyung. What with this Cursed wesen?" Ryeowook ask in behalf of Kyuhyun who begin to give up with the topic.
"I heard from Heechul hyung that they want the wesen to help us. Isn't that's crazy? And Kyu, you can just said the dark curse. The Dunkler Fluch just a translation from Germany. Old people love cool name. " Sungmin chuckled, the younger Lycan sure easy to be teased by them.
"Whatever.  But why bother asking for a myth creatures that we didn't even know exist or not? Is the group were that of a threat?" 
Sungmin shrugged his shoulder, he took a sip of his coffee before continuing. "Let's just wait for tomorrow meeting. Leeteuk hyung will inform us everything there. You stay the night here,Kyu, Wookie? I'm scared to sleep by myself. " 
Kyuhyun snorted at the older remark."Scared. Pftt. You are Jackalope for Goddess sake."
As if on cue,the horn of the Jackalope appear,scaring Ryeowook running behind Kyuhyun's back.
"We stay the night, hyung!" said Ryeowook nervously. 
Sungmin turn into more calmed expression, contend by the younger agreeing to him. Kyuhyun only rolled his eyes off,knowing well he won't win with the older. 

 

 

 

A/N: Bear with the paragraph for me. The spacing in my phone . I can't fix it so it was so close to each paragraph. I'm already writing in my laptop for next chapter now. If you have any questions for any Wesens, feel free to comment and I'll explain each of their info. I bet all of you know what Siren and Lycan is.